TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 PM

Default And so it begins!

Ok, come Monday I'm in. I'm looking forward to the quick workouts - 1000 Calorie workouts are long (4 minutes warmup, 50 sets at 40 seconds each with 40 seconds rest in between and then a 60 second finisher which works out to an hour and 20 minutes). I don't want to spend an hour and 20 minutes three times a week working out and this is not including 30 minute the interval training sessions three times a week.

Anyway, I'm now at 185 lb - photos at http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9931

Starting Stats:
Height: 180 cm

Mass: 84.1 kg

In inches
Neck 16
Shoulder 49
Chest 42.5
Waist around navel 37
Waist (where I wear my belt) 35

Right Arm
Upper 14

Right Leg
Upper 23
Lower 15

Diet - yesterday was typical for a workout day
Breakfast
2 eggs scrambled, 1 cup spinach, 0.5 can of refried beans, 1 head of broccoli and 0.5 head of cauliflower stirfried

Lunch
8 sticks chicken and beef satays (skewered marinated meat) with raw onions and cucumbers

Post workout drink - 2 scoops Prograde Workout (only on workout days and only because I felt like I needed it)

Dinner
0.25 head of broccoli, 6 mushrooms (sliced) - stirfried with garlic
1 scoop Prograde protein drink (since it was too late to defrost some chicken)

I'm estimating this is around 1500 calories. I'm also taking Prograde EFA Icon krill oil and a daily multivitamin for completeness. I also have a cheat day once a week.

Goals
Lose about 26 lbs of fat in 12 weeks while maintaining lean mass. I've lost 19 lb so far in 7 weeks with what I've been doing so I think this is reasonable.

Waist around the navel down from 37 to 32 inches (reduced from 40 to 37 in 7 weeks so again this should be achievable).

Stretch Goals (bonus if I achieve them)
Shoulders increased by 1 inch
Waist down to 31 inches

I plan to do 2K5 and 2K6 from the TT For Fat Loss manual followed by Buff Dudes Hot Chicks for the last four weeks.

Does that make sense for my goals?

Last edited by gesunelson : 12-29-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:01 AM

Haven't taken my photos yet but started on the TTFL 2K6 workout on Monday. I should have taken a rest day on Tuesday but trying to be smart, I thought I would do the Bodyweight Ten on Tuesday as a nice, light inbetween activity ... how wrong I was! I was drained after two rounds!

Anyway, sanity prevails and I've now finished Workout B plus the B-II interval training and am looking forward to the rest day tomorrow with just maybe a long walk.

I have to say the workouts are really awesome and I'm just so stoked that I was actually able to do 3x15 stability ball jackknives. In September when I started TT on the introductory program, I couldn't do a single one.

By far the bulk of my fat is around my belly so it's hard to see the difference day by day which can be disheartening. Still, I feel my muscles all over my body ache in a good way and I will trust the diet and the exercise to do their job.

I know now I can do this program and I will stick with it.

On the upside, I can now wear size 34 jeans (albeit slightly tight around the waist) - woo hoo! I haven't been down that particular road in a long time! Now if only that blasted belly would go down. Also, I was all done in 50 minutes or so including the interval training. I feel great!

Last edited by gesunelson : 12-29-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 AM

congrats on your progress so far!

Good luck on your continued transformation!

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 AM

Thanks, NP Chick. Your signature is very true!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:34 PM

Forgot to add TT2k6 workout B left me sweating more than any recent workout - my t-shirt was soaked. Loved the ab exercises!

Today is a light activity day which I'm looking forward to. I'll be playing fetch with the cats, ie.
1) I throw his toy,
2) he chases it and sits there,
3) I go over to where I threw it
Repeat from Step 1)

This uses more energy than the dog version
Old 12-29-2010, 04:27 PM

Liked your light exercise with the cat! I know a friend's cat who will actually play fetch and bring it back...not as much exercise for the person though!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 PM

Default kitty fetch

haha, my cat would just look at me like "um yeah stupid, so now who's going to go get THAT?" she is the most unplayful cat I have EVER come across but she is tolerant of the kids messing with her.
good luck with the fetching work out :-)

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 AM

The biggest challenge is when I'm doing push ups and the cat (2 year old 8kg Maine Coon with the mind of a kitten) decides to come and nuzzle my forehead and go exploring the floor under me. Trying not to laugh is the hardest thing.

Fetch went well for a little while. I'm looking forward to a nice 30-45 minute walk this evening and workout A tomorrow morning.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:58 AM

Default Starting Photos

Ok, I finally got round to taking my starting photos. By my calculation, Day 84 should be 24 March for me.

I estimate my bodyfat at about 25-26% at this point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dec 30 Front 1.jpg (25.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Dec 30 Front 2.jpg (34.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Dec 30 Side 1.jpg (29.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Dec 30 Side 2.jpg (32.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 PM

Well, that's it for week one Some badminton on New Year's Day should start the year off nicely.