TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 06:22 AM
Administrator

Default Apology and How I Messed Up this Contest

I really messed up the voting of this contest, caused a lot of hurt feelings among contestants, and I'm very sorry.

Here's what happened:

What got posted originally was a page with all the entries.

I should have just left it at that and not reduced the number of finalists based on early voting.

Past experience shows more people vote when there are fewer selections...but it was a mistake to emphasize the competition over the journey of the contestants.

I am trying to resolve the issue.

Everyone's pictures and essays are back online now and once this initial contest voting ends, a 2nd round of voting will occur for the people that were removed.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I am deeply sorry for the confusion and hurt feelings that I have caused.

Sincerely,

Craig
Old 04-22-2014, 07:48 AM

Shit happens as they say Craig. I'm sure everyone will understand, especially now that you've explained the circumstances.

You still da man!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Craig there's still alot of confusion. You have a group of people thinking that they get to go through this contest and that you're immediately putting up another contest for only the ones that were taken down during the eliminations in Friday.

If that's not the case you're going to be back at this in Friday I think.

You can't please everyone . I do think you need to clearly state your intentions about how the rest of this contest is being handled as there is quite a bit of confusion.

Your contest = your rules. They even say you can just end it with no explanation (paraphrased lol).

Thanks for being a stand up guy. Sorry for the trouble, my heart hurt for you when I read those posts.

Hugs!!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Here's what happened:

What got posted originally was a page with all the entries.
I'm still a little confused - were/are ALL the entries posted, or is it just those that made the first cut? (There are entries posted in the forums that are not included among the large group currently on the voting page.)

Second, was a voting link ever put up here in the forums like in the past? If so, I guess I just missed it.

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2014, 12:08 PM

I guess I missed it all as well...recovering post surgery I haven't been spending much time on Facebook or the TT forums just quick check ins.

I didn't read the nasty comments but I do feel bad for you because it is true you can't please everyone.

Thank you, Craig
I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish with your contests.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Angry

Having a complete stranger drop an F-bomb on me for the whole world to see would be a HUGE test of my character/humility! I'm not sure I would have handled that one very graciously!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:53 PM

Just a suggestion..... Don't let the inmates run the asylum Craig. Its YOUR contest and YOU get to decide how you give YOUR money. I'm embarrassed for the way some of the people are acting on the FB page. As if the money is the only reason to get healthy.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM

You know what I would do? Well I'll tell you anyway. I'd pull the competition and just give me all the prize money

But seriously have you thought about pulling it off line, wiping all the votes, posting a blanket apology/explanation and then reposting the competition with all the contestants (just this once) and let the public decide?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:25 AM

I hope the votes don't decide much at all. It would become a popularity contest; people with the most facebook friends would win. Of course I don't like that idea, because I don't use facebook. On the other hand, giving the win to someone with lots of facebook friends could be good for business.

I wasn't aware of the unhappy people.

I was surprised the voting wasn't announced on the forums (assuming I'm not mistaken).

In other news, I didn't stop when the contest ended. I've lost 5 more pounds since my entry.

Mark
Old 04-23-2014, 08:39 AM

Default Awesome Mark Rogers #1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rogers View Post
I hope the votes don't decide much at all. It would become a popularity contest; people with the most facebook friends would win. Of course I don't like that idea, because I don't use facebook. On the other hand, giving the win to someone with lots of facebook friends could be good for business.

I wasn't aware of the unhappy people.

I was surprised the voting wasn't announced on the forums (assuming I'm not mistaken).

In other news, I didn't stop when the contest ended. I've lost 5 more pounds since my entry.

Mark
Keep it up Mark 1!!!! I haven't weighed myself since but I can totally see fat stripping away off my abs too since the contest ended.

We can do this!!!

Mark Rogers #2

Mark