TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2010, 10:56 AM

Mother-in-law coming home from the hospital today, so now our days goes back to their old "regular" chaotic nature.

Turned out that she had a severe urinary infection - but it was hard to rule out and diagnose other illnesses/symptoms since all she can say is "yes" - it's hard enough for us to distinguish between a yes-yes and a no-yes, so wonder how the doctors and nurses got any useful answers from her.

Also, one of my moms oldest friends died at my moms birthday party the day before I started TTTC#9.

The guests took turns with cpr and mouth-to-mouth until the paramedics arrived.

Then they worked an additional 15 minutes to get him stable enough to be transported to the trauma centre.

He had a bypass operation during the night and was put on a respirator.

Today I got word from my mom that he's now stable enough to go home.

So that's another concern/stressor that I got rid of today.

Now I just need to pick up speed with TT and get some regularity regarding workouts and nutrition.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:17 AM

Wow! Seems like you've been going through a lot lately. I can honestly say I know what you're going through as I went through a similar situation with my father about 2 months ago. It's tough to focus on working out and eating right in situations like these and it becomes almost about survival and just getting through the situation to the point where you feel like you can relax just a little bit.

Do your best to stay from eating too badly and just get the workouts in when you can. When things settle down again, you'll be able to pick up the workouts again but the damage that you might do by eating bad may set you back in a bad way.

I hope things return to normal for you soon and you get some peace of mind once again...

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 AM

Hey Henrik, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and hope you're not having too tough a time of it. Like Waleed says, try and keep your nutrition in check and get your workouts out in when you can. You'll get there. Cheers, Betty xx

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-23-2010, 12:45 PM

I'm gonna Lion King you. That monkey who whacks the baby lion hard on the head - that's the maneuver. Picturing it? Then the little lion asks what the monkey did that for and the monkey says, "It's in the past!"
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 PM

Thumbs down

Thanks for the kind words and words of encouragement - it's very much appreciated.

This past week has been quite a rollercoaster experience.

After getting home from the hospital my mother-in-law still wasn't getting any better and started throwing up all her food.

Doctors wouldn't give her anything against the nausea because of the other medication she is on.

So we decided to have her admitted to a temporary nursinghome for a week or so so she could be under constant supervision.

But despite not eating anything they kept administering very large doses of insulin which resulted in her blood sugar dropping to 1.0

At that point she was rushed by ambulance to the hospital again and when we got there she was all cold and unable to recognize any of us.

She was given a glucose iv drop which brought back the blood sugar level to a less lethal level.

The day after she back in the temporary nursing home - and this time with reduced insulin shots as well as round-the-clock blood sugar levels measurements.

Yesterday she seemed to have bounced back as she was making fun of the staff with her good arm.

So we started to make plans to take her back home again.

And then today when we went to see her after work her blod sugar levels were down again and she had been womiting again.

So we had to call a doctor again.

He's suspecting that she might also have developed Pheumonia, so later tonight we're off to the hospital again to have her admitted once more so she can have her lungs scanned/x-rayed and put on a glucose drop again.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:30 AM

Hi there

just wanted to pop by and say I hope things improve for you it's so worrying when you have sick family to take care of, or are relying on others to take care of them.

I hope things improve soon, despite everything you have done really well with your diet and TT, keep up the great work, and fingers & toes crossed that things improve soon cheers KT
Old 10-22-2010, 07:45 AM

Exclamation

I think I'm back in business.

Mother-in-law is back home again and is doing ok, considering what she has been going through.

The urinary infection is gone, she can eat again and she's stopped coughing.

She lost quite some strength in her paralyzed leg from all the time she's spent in hospital beds during these past 6 weeks, so now we can't even get her in and out of her wheelchair without the use of a standing lift.

And the temporary nursing home almost lost her heart medicine and her insulin, so the first half day after she got home she was without her medication.

But she's home, and we can all relax now.

And now it's time for me to get started for real.

No more "I don't have time to exercise"

I know that my days are generally not plannable, but then my aim needs to be to always be ready to do any type and any amount of exercise no matter when the opportunity arises.

Stuffing a bag with running shoes, some gym wear and a few TT workout manuals and putting it in the trunk of the car might be part of my solution.

Getting up just 15 minutes earlier in the morning might be another part of the puzzle.

Promising to post here every day might be part of it too.

Tweeting my workouts might work as well.

What does everybody else do to stay on track when life throws curveballs at you?
Old 10-23-2010, 05:47 PM

Glad to hear your mother in laws condition has imprved slightly. Any progress has to be good. For me the number one thing for keeping on track when your struggling for time is to keep your nutrition bang on track. Keep your protein content high too, this will supposedly help you retain lean mass. The beauty of the tt workouts is their quickness, so even if you try committing to at least 2 workouts per week plus 2/3 hiit 20 min sessions should get you back on track. It's important that you try and make time for yourself, if that means getting up 30 mins earlier maybe that's worth a shot. Good luck, Betty x

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481