TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 12:09 AM

Thanks for your comments, Jen, Gillian and Naomi!

Yes, I definitely have too busy of a mind sometimes.. but it helps me to just spit it all out on paper. And I do love bullet points.

Gillian, I completely agree with penciling in treats - I've done the "must have perfect eating" thing too and for me, it always ends in binging. I am avoiding sweets (chocolate, cookies, cake, etc.) for a little while though, need to detox my brain from thinking that I "need" them.

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-08-2010, 12:43 AM

Day 2 - Tuesday, September 7, 2010
6:30 - 1 egg, 4 oz egg white, spinach, 1 oz lowfat cheese
10:00 - 5 T TJ's spicy hummus, carrots, celery & daikon radish
*30 min. walk at lunch
1:45 - salad w/chicken gyro meat, feta, hummus, greek dressing (didn't finish)
*20 min. walk from P&R
5:20 - 3 oz (cooked weight) 96% lean ground beef, taco seasoning, peppers & onions, lettuce, salsa, about 2 T light sour cream
*TT Transformation Workout B - 245 calories, HR average 141
8:00 - tea w/half & half, 1/3 cup oat bran, 1/3 cup low carb milk, peach, 4 oz nonfat greek yogurt
Multivitamin, 5000 IU Vitamin D, 7 tsp fish oil, Vitamin C (after workout - sometimes I think it helps with soreness)

TT Transformation Workout B
Bodyweight warmup
1A) Chin-ups - 2x6 (jump up to bar)
1B) Pushups (sub for Spiderman PU) - 10, 8
1C) Vertical Jumps - 2x10
2A) DB Chest Press - 1x8x20lbs
2B) Renegade Row (sub for Inverted Row) - 1x10/sidex8lbs
3A) 2-Arm DB Row (sub for Chest Supported Row) - 1x10x15lbs
3B) DB Lateral Raise - 1x10x5lbs
4A) DB Curl - 1x10x10lbs
4B) DB Triceps Extension - 1x10x10lbs
5) Shuttle runs 20sec/40sec x 6

I'm somewhat sore from Sunday's workout, so glad this was mostly upper body. And, for some reason, upper body never seems quite as hard to me, even though I get just as sore later.

First day back at work after 3 days of vacation last week and then a holiday yesterday. But it was surprisingly calm once I got through my 500+ emails; about 1/3 of those are automated reports and another 1/3 are issues someone else dealt with, so not too bad.

I was thinking about making lunches to bring later this week, but haven't done it yet, so I probably won't. I used to always eat out for lunch, then last summer got in the habit of bringing my lunch at least 2-3 days. It does save money, and gives me a much more accurate picture of what I'm eating.... but, I've lost weight in the past eating out for lunch every day without any trouble. And sometimes the stress of planning may not be worth it; I stress about too many things anyway!

Current TT Log

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-08-2010, 01:41 AM

I love these!! I hope you don't mind, but I am using your outlines to help me with my own goals for this weight loss challenge! I am so impressed with your organization. Thank you for sharing this as it helps those of us that stare at our blinking cursors trying to come up with a plan!!! Best of luck to you!! You can't fail with this type of commitment!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmgren View Post
I love these!! I hope you don't mind, but I am using your outlines to help me with my own goals for this weight loss challenge! I am so impressed with your organization. Thank you for sharing this as it helps those of us that stare at our blinking cursors trying to come up with a plan!!! Best of luck to you!! You can't fail with this type of commitment!!!
I'm glad you found it useful!
I guess what it really comes down to is that when I take the time to put everything down in writing, then that's a much bigger commitment than if I just think about things.

Current TT Log

Old 09-09-2010, 12:40 AM

Day 3 - Wednesday, September 8, 2010
6:30 - 1 egg, 4 oz egg white, spinach, 1 oz lowfat cheese
10:00 - 5 T TJ's spicy hummus, carrots, celery & daikon radish
1:30 - grilled chicken, about 2 T teriyaki sauce; salad w/little dressing
5:00 - 3 oz (cooked weight) 96% lean ground beef, taco seasoning, peppers & onions, lettuce, salsa, about 2 T light sour cream
*40 min. walk, hills
8:00 - tea w/half & half, 7 oz 2% greek yogurt w/honey, raspberries, small banana
Multivitamin, 5000 IU Vitamin D, 7 tsp fish oil

Good day although I could have used a walk at lunch; it got a little crazy at work, which is when I don't want to take the time for a walk, but really need it.

Current TT Log

Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 AM

Looks like it was another great day for you, despite the lack of time for a walk. Hope that improves for you today. As we were saying earlier, those lunchtime strolls can be SUCH a mental and physical lift! :-)

-Jen
Old 09-09-2010, 10:22 AM

Red face

Wow Evanstar, your plan is a recipe for success, stick with it and you will get the results you are after. I am going to enjoy following your thread to watch your transformation! Get that image in your head of how awesome your body is going to look after the 12 weeks are up. Find someone you aspire to look like, and imagine that is you. You can have that body. Each time junk food thoughts creep in, swiftly replace it with thoughts/images of the new you, I've been using this trick for the last 8 months. Do I really want a bar of chocolate/crisps/cakes etc or do I want to look like "that". "that" = toned & ripped for me. Looking like "that" wins! My trouble has always been trying to have balance, it used to be all or nothing, but you need to live too. I know junk food is not good for my body, or where I want my body to be physically, but one bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps once in a while ain't gonna stop me from reaching my goals. I'm now in a good place where I have balance and don't beat myself up over the odd treat. You'll do awesome.
ps. Have a treat on your birthday! I would recommend counting the calories for that day as maintenance level cals, and just count your treat in to your allowance. That way you get a treat, but don't go over, in my book, that's a WIN/WIN situation!

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-09-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettywantsabs View Post
Wow Evanstar, your plan is a recipe for success, stick with it and you will get the results you are after. I am going to enjoy following your thread to watch your transformation! Get that image in your head of how awesome your body is going to look after the 12 weeks are up. Find someone you aspire to look like, and imagine that is you. You can have that body. Each time junk food thoughts creep in, swiftly replace it with thoughts/images of the new you, I've been using this trick for the last 8 months. Do I really want a bar of chocolate/crisps/cakes etc or do I want to look like "that". "that" = toned & ripped for me. Looking like "that" wins! My trouble has always been trying to have balance, it used to be all or nothing, but you need to live too. I know junk food is not good for my body, or where I want my body to be physically, but one bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps once in a while ain't gonna stop me from reaching my goals. I'm now in a good place where I have balance and don't beat myself up over the odd treat. You'll do awesome.
ps. Have a treat on your birthday! I would recommend counting the calories for that day as maintenance level cals, and just count your treat in to your allowance. That way you get a treat, but don't go over, in my book, that's a WIN/WIN situation!
Great advice! I keep meaning to search the internet for a picture of good abs, so I can try to picture them when I'm having cravings!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 AM

Jen - yes, I see you had a lunch walk today too. The funny thing is, I didn't really start walking at lunch until I started tracking my steps. On workout nights, I don't go for an evening walk, so I can't hit 10,000 steps without a lunch walk. But in the long run, I suspect it's even better for stress.

Betty, thanks for your thoughts! I know where I want to be, was there 2 years ago, but oddly still have trouble picturing it mentally. Maybe I'm just not a very visual person; I can focus on touch more, like how much nicer it will be to not have my legs rub together at all when it's hot out.

Current TT Log

Old 09-10-2010, 12:36 AM

Day 4 - Thursday, September 9, 2010
6:30 - 4 oz egg white, spinach, 1 slice Dakota bread, 16g peanut butter
10:00 -4 T TJ's spicy hummus, carrots, celery & daikon radish
*30 min. walk at lunch
1:15 - salad w/chicken, black bean & corn salsa, cheese, dressing on the side
5:30 - 4 oz (raw weight) 96% lean ground beef, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/2 cup white beans, yellow squash, green chiles
*TT Transformation Workout C - 252 calories, HR average 134
8:00 - tea w/half & half, 1/3 cup oat bran, 1/3 cup low carb milk, apple, 4 oz nonfat greek yogurt, few raspberries
Multivitamin, 5000 IU Vitamin D, 7 tsp fish oil, Vitamin C (after workout)

TT Transformation Workout C
Bodyweight warmup
1A) DB Step-up - 2x10/sidex10lbs
1B) Stability Ball Pike - 2x8
2A) DB Split Squat - 2x10/sidex10lbs
2B) Close Grip Push-up (kneeling) - 2x12
3A) DB Row - 2x10/sidex15lbs
3B) 1-leg Stability Ball Leg Curl - 2x10/side

Timed Intervals:
1) Squat Thrust - 20 sec/10 sec x4
2) BW Squat - 20 sec/10 sec x5
3) Calf Jumps - 20 sec/10 sec x3

Squat thrusts are terrible, I can do the first 20 seconds but have to take little breaks after that!

fyi, my weights are always listed per dumbbell, so that's double the weight for squats, step ups, etc. Not that I'm using any heavy weights, especially during the first week!

I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow, it's been a long week at work despite the holiday on Monday. Except, Friday night and Saturday are my weakest days for nutrition. I like to read and find it very difficult to read without snacking, which gets out of control easily. So I've got to go re-read my list of techniques for dealing with that! I think I'll be ok this weekend because I'm newly focused.

Still haven't decided if I want a treat for my birthday on Sunday. We're going hiking on Saturday with friends and then out to lunch, which may be enough of a treat for me to not feel deprived. I'm really not craving sweets yet, had far too many when we were in Victoria last weekend.

Current TT Log