TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 PM

Talking Excited of what the next 12 weeks will hold

hello all,

I am very excited to begin this 12 week contest. I have been reading alot of the forums for awhile now and am ready to get going.

I will be beginning with the intermediate level workout and sticking to the schedule in the TT manual for the duration. I will be doing all my workouts at home. I have one more item to get and will have all i need to be successful here at home.

I am 39yr old and am looking to loose the last 30 pounds and get toned. I have done a lot of different type of workouts with lots of time lifting weights and long cardio and didn't see much results so i am hoping this is the program that finally breaks that cycle for me. Just attempting to do some of the exercises to see how they actually work made my abs hurt. it was awesome.

I will be starting this monday and am very excited
Old 09-05-2010, 03:42 AM

Great to see you all excited and raring to go for this contest.

I workout at home too and I've built up my own home gym over the years and that's one of the great things about the TT workouts - there's a workout for virtually any setting or circumstance.

Best of luck to you.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 AM

Welcome and Good Luck! You are going to love TT!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Administrator

awesome, welcome!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Best of luck with your transformation journey!!
ION
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-06-2010, 04:42 PM

Thumbs up Day One

Thank you all for the well wishes. i appreciate your support.

Well today was interesting to say the least. I will start with my stats and then move on to how todays workout went.

HT 5'3"
WT 154.8
Neck 12 7/8
Chest 35 3/8
R Arm 11 1/2
Waist 33
Hip 39 1/8
R Thigh 24 1/2
R Calf 15 1/2

I will post pics later.

Well todays workout....all i can say is wow. I did workout A from the Intermediate level workout. So glad i only had to do 2 sets instead of three. to be honest i really didn't think it was going to work me out as much as it did. but oh my gosh. I did well on the warm up. did 5 push ups normal then had to put my knees down for last three. on the second round did 6 push ups normal then went to knees for last two. The stability ball jacknife beat me up. by the time that set came up i was a little tired and staying on that ball was a chore. i kept falling off. but i didn't give up i got them done on the first set. the second set i was only able to do 8 of the 10.

For my interval training i do that outside. today was a challenge not because of the workout although as i left my house my knees were knocking , but the challenge came because it is raining a windy outside today. of all day's. i usually don't mind running in the rain and wind but it was my first workout and was not thrilled about the weather. also i always take my dog with me when i run or walk so of course she went with me. she is good at staying with me, i usually don't have issues but of course its raining and windy (her least favorit weather) so she was a little put out. after the warm up she seemed to get into step and i started my first sprint and wouldn't ya know it the new sprinkler system the city put in just last week came on and scared her. she ran right into me, i almost took a dive. there were other issues also but i got it done. All i could think was this was to see how motivated i was to get going on my workout. well i am doing it no matter what the weather and no matter how put out my pup is

I am very glad tomorrow is a day off. i am already feeling it. but yet can't wait for the next workout.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawn View Post
For my interval training i do that outside. today was a challenge not because of the workout although as i left my house my knees were knocking , but the challenge came because it is raining a windy outside today. of all day's. i usually don't mind running in the rain and wind but it was my first workout and was not thrilled about the weather. also i always take my dog with me when i run or walk so of course she went with me. she is good at staying with me, i usually don't have issues but of course its raining and windy (her least favorit weather) so she was a little put out. after the warm up she seemed to get into step and i started my first sprint and wouldn't ya know it the new sprinkler system the city put in just last week came on and scared her. she ran right into me, i almost took a dive. there were other issues also but i got it done. All i could think was this was to see how motivated i was to get going on my workout. well i am doing it no matter what the weather and no matter how put out my pup is
I am very glad tomorrow is a day off. i am already feeling it. but yet can't wait for the next workout.
SDawn, if you can work through those challenges, you will be very successful. Good luck, Concetta
Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 PM

Today was a rest day. I took a 45 min walk. I really needed it do to the fact that my body is sore today. I am extremely tired today also. I figure that is contributed to not doing this type of workout in a while and my body is rebelling a little I know the soreness is temporary and will be gone within a week so i am unconcerened.

i noticed i am a little more hungry so i will have to watch the mindless eating until i get into a routine. I am going to be working on a meal plan that i can freeze and have ready for all my meals and snacks so all i have to do is grab and not wonder what i will eat for each meal. I will have the plan done and ready to cook and freeze by this Sunday so i can do all my cooking then.

my extended family is concerened that i am going to loose to much weight and that i am already too thin. I have assured them that i will be loosing some weight but i am more out to tone and look good in anything i wear. my husband does not have the same concerens. he knows what i am trying to acheive and knows i am not trying to over do it.

just some back history: two and a half years ago i had gastric bypass surgery. I lost almost 100 pounds in a 16 month time frame. my family freaked out because my upper body looked anarexic. i then started having some medical issues (not do to the surgery) that had me in and out of the emergency room and me down at home unable to workout. i gained almost 30 pounds back. i finally had surgery and had the issue fixed and have completed my recovery plus some and have been working on getting back to were i was before i started gaining again. I am about 14 pounds away from that mark but would like to loose a bit more then that. however if i get toned and still weigh more so be it i am all good with that. That is why i have decided to use the TT program. so i can firm up and get rid of the extra fat that is hanging on in my hip/thigh area.

I know my family is used to me weighing in over 240 but it is fustrating me that they actually think i would want to look anorexic and would do that to myself. grrrrrrr

anyway i do know that once i achieve my desired result i will get flack from them because they think i have over done it and will tell me how i need to eat more. This is one reason i was heavy in the first place and why i had eating issues. It will not keep me from moving towards my goal and my husband will make sure that my thinking is on track and were i really should be.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:49 PM

Congrats on accomplishing all you have to date. As long as you're striving to tone and strengthen your body, while working on a plan for good nutrition/fuel, you should be in a good place. Maybe it'll help your family to understand that this isn't about losing weight for you any more, but, instead, it's about becoming a stronger, fitter and healthier individual.

Good luck to you!
Jen

Last edited by jenniferlynne76 : 09-07-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawn View Post
Today was a rest day. I took a 45 min walk. I really needed it do to the fact that my body is sore today. I am extremely tired today also. I figure that is contributed to not doing this type of workout in a while and my body is rebelling a little I know the soreness is temporary and will be gone within a week so i am unconcerened.

i noticed i am a little more hungry so i will have to watch the mindless eating until i get into a routine. I am going to be working on a meal plan that i can freeze and have ready for all my meals and snacks so all i have to do is grab and not wonder what i will eat for each meal. I will have the plan done and ready to cook and freeze by this Sunday so i can do all my cooking then.

my extended family is concerened that i am going to loose to much weight and that i am already too thin. I have assured them that i will be loosing some weight but i am more out to tone and look good in anything i wear. my husband does not have the same concerens. he knows what i am trying to acheive and knows i am not trying to over do it.

just some back history: two and a half years ago i had gastric bypass surgery. I lost almost 100 pounds in a 16 month time frame. my family freaked out because my upper body looked anarexic. i then started having some medical issues (not do to the surgery) that had me in and out of the emergency room and me down at home unable to workout. i gained almost 30 pounds back. i finally had surgery and had the issue fixed and have completed my recovery plus some and have been working on getting back to were i was before i started gaining again. I am about 14 pounds away from that mark but would like to loose a bit more then that. however if i get toned and still weigh more so be it i am all good with that. That is why i have decided to use the TT program. so i can firm up and get rid of the extra fat that is hanging on in my hip/thigh area.

I know my family is used to me weighing in over 240 but it is fustrating me that they actually think i would want to look anorexic and would do that to myself. grrrrrrr

anyway i do know that once i achieve my desired result i will get flack from them because they think i have over done it and will tell me how i need to eat more. This is one reason i was heavy in the first place and why i had eating issues. It will not keep me from moving towards my goal and my husband will make sure that my thinking is on track and were i really should be.
Families tend to be like that, so just block it out. When I went vegan mine thought I was about to collapse and die at any second They are just worried about you; but you seem pretty determined and have a healthy outlook on working out/muscle gain etc, so I'm sure you'll be fine Support from your husband will also be invaluable, and you are very lucky to have that.

Your meal planning looks awesome! That will make things so much easier. I think most people slip up when they have to eat on the hoof. As Craig always says, preparation is key!