TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Wow that sounds like a great day - i am also hoping to succeed in ESE this contest - i find it really hard though so good luck with yours :-)
Old 09-08-2010, 02:16 PM

Hi Melody

Just wanted to drop in and say hi.....

Our stats are very similar so I will be following ur thread to see whats working for you

Good luck

x x
Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Speaking of- I do build muscle VERY easily. And muscle weighs more than fat. So if I really want to see big changes on the scale - do I need to be careful not to build too much muscle to begin with??? Is this something I need to post to Craig and the Fatloss forum????
Well, the question is would you rather be a certain weight or have certain measurements? Would you rather weigh 160 and fit into size 6 jeans or weigh 150 and fit into size 8 jeans? Muscle can make that much of a difference for some people.
I know it's hard to not focus on what the scale says, but you might try looking at both weight and measurements every 1-2 weeks. If your weight stays the same but measurements go down, then you're still making progress (i.e. losing a little fat but building a little muscle).
Also, you can't really build muscle without a calorie surplus. That can theoretically be timed so you're in a deficit overall, but in a surplus for enough time each day or enough days each week that you can build some muscle too. But in general, you're not going to build a lot of muscle while seriously trying to lose weight and eating in a calorie deficit.

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar74 View Post
Well, the question is would you rather be a certain weight or have certain measurements? Would you rather weigh 160 and fit into size 6 jeans or weigh 150 and fit into size 8 jeans? Muscle can make that much of a difference for some people.
I know it's hard to not focus on what the scale says, but you might try looking at both weight and measurements every 1-2 weeks. If your weight stays the same but measurements go down, then you're still making progress (i.e. losing a little fat but building a little muscle).
Also, you can't really build muscle without a calorie surplus. That can theoretically be timed so you're in a deficit overall, but in a surplus for enough time each day or enough days each week that you can build some muscle too. But in general, you're not going to build a lot of muscle while seriously trying to lose weight and eating in a calorie deficit.
I know exactly what you mean! Thanks for the input. and I still dont know- just plugging along!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 09-14-2010, 04:46 PM

A quick Hi to everyone! This completely SUCKS not having internet at home. I am going to see what I can do next week! I cant wait until I actually have time to read and see how all of you are doing!!!

I am in my second week of TT for abs and LOVE it! Have been doing OK with eating -I would say 75% on track.. I did ESE for 22 hours last week (Whoop!) Fasting is so hard for me - I was really proud of that and plan to do another tomorrow.

I miss you guys- this is really hard without the support of the fourums. I will be back on ASAP!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 PM

We miss you, too! Hurry back as soon as soon as you can... And keep up the great work!

-Jen
Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 PM

Hi Melody! Glad to hear things are going well. Not having internet at home is tough...We miss you too and hope you get it all straightened out soon! Looks like your workouts and nutrition are on track so keep up the great work!

Shannon

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 09-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Hi Melody. Well done on your results for the last transformation contest. You did good , girl ! I joined too , but found myself in a bad place and didn't see the contest through. This time I'm determined , if I can get myself entered. I keep getting thrown out with a message "Our records indicate that you are already subscribed to this list and have verified your subscription ". Anyone out there know how to get around this ? I'd really like to commit myself by entering and time is running out. Please help. Sue
Old 09-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Hey Melody good to hear from you! Glad to see TT for Abs is working out too

Hope you get connected soon!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:12 PM

Hi Melody - Good to hear from you! TT for Abs is one of my favorites! Workout B was nicknamed "The Beast" by ErinLinz.

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey