TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 PM

Default She's on Fire!

This is it. I'm on fire!
I am so ready for the results of this contest, Ready to meet all my goals, I am ready for TT contest #9!!!

Will be doing pictures and measurements Monday. I will be back with goals & such sometime between now and then!

See ya soon!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 09-04-2010, 10:01 PM

Default Yay Melody!

Can't wait to see your goals! I'm happy to be at the starting line with you!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 09-05-2010, 08:03 AM

Great to have you here, Melody!!! Best of luck with your new transformation!!!
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 AM

Hi Melody - Good luck in TTC9!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Woo you're getting me all excited too! I'm starting Monday too - you can keep me right as to when the 84 days are up Would be typical of me to mess up because of maths...
Old 09-06-2010, 05:16 PM

thanks for stopping by!

Well- Day One for me- I am on my way out to get a newspaper for pictures.

I wish I could say I was starting this contest off totally organized like I planned - but I am not. I have had SEVERAL major health problems in my family last week (husband, 2 of my sons, even my dog has something seriously going on -he can not use his back legs at all) SO I am taking it one day at a time.

BUT I do know I need to get back in a workout routine. I know I need to get my eating back on track. I do not think I will allow myself a break in the eating department after this contest- It will be hard for me getting back on track again this -getting un-used to all these carbs- but I can also see in another 2 week my weight would be where I started contest 8 if I don’t get things under control NOW! BUT I am getting it under control!-Oh well- its is nice to be able to control something.!!!

I am starting with TT for Abs and this first 4 weeks am going to focus on loosening fat more than building muscle. I am going to go for more of a shrinkage this contest. My starting weight is 165 and my glad for the end of the 12 weeks is 150. I will have to be very disciplined to do this- but with TT I believe I can! I am going to keep a calorie count of 1500 on workout days and used ESE twice a week and than reevaluate in 4 weeks.

I will post again asap with goals much clearer...

I wish I had Internet -this really stinks! Hopefully by the 4 week point I will have it back on. I usually load a few pages while I am on line and read through some journals but don’t have much actual time to respond.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 09-06-2010, 05:22 PM

Hi, Melody, TT for abs is an amazing wkt!!
Btw, wanted to say this: 1500 calories and ESE twice a week might be a bit too much, better ask Craig on this one. I wanted to have a similar calorie restriction and do ESE once a week and he told me that we're not supposed to diet and do ESE at the same time. So better ask him.
Have a great day,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-07-2010, 04:15 PM

Don't worry you'll have it all under control in no time. All those good habits that helped you in the 8th contest will come flooding back

Long term I'm thinking of doing tt for abs after I've completed the manual, so you'll need to let us know how you get on!

I hope everyone (including pooch) is on the mend
Old 09-07-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoheion View Post
Hi, Melody, TT for abs is an amazing wkt!!
Btw, wanted to say this: 1500 calories and ESE twice a week might be a bit too much, better ask Craig on this one. I wanted to have a similar calorie restriction and do ESE once a week and he told me that we're not supposed to diet and do ESE at the same time. So better ask him.
Have a great day,
Ion
I had talked to Brad about ESE, and he told me when he is loosing weight he does the fasting on Mondays and Thursdays. If you can get him on facebook, he is usually good about getting back to you.....
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM

(just now able to post this- thanks so much for stoping by and the words of encouragment! I am doing ESE today -Wednesday for the first time. Plan to do an interval this afternoon)

Tuesday's Workout:

TT for Abs Day 1 – Workout A
• Warm-up Circuit -2 X through
1A) Prisoner Squat – 12 reps
1B) Pushup – 10 reps
1C) Stick-up – 10 reps
1D) Spiderman Climb – 6 reps per side

Superset #1
1A) DB Split Squat – 8 reps per leg (2-0-1) 2X20 lbs • 30 seconds rest.
1B) DB Chest Press – 8 reps 2X20 lbs (4-0-1)
• Rest 1 minute before repeating the superset 2 more times.

Superset #2
2A) DB Row – 20 reps (1-0-1) • No rest. 20 lbs
2B) DB 1-Arm Shoulder Press – 15 reps per arm (2-0-1) 20 lbs (these fried my arms!!!)
• Do each exercise only once. Rest 1 minute and move to Superset #3.

Superset #3
3A) Lying DB Triceps Extension – 10 reps (2-0-1) • No rest.2X10 lbs
3B) Chin-up – 8 reps (3-0-1) 5, 4 (a little disappointed -I was doing 2 sets of 6 a few weeks ago)
• Rest 1 minute before repeating 1 more time for a total of 2 supersets.

Ab Circuit
A) Stability Ball Rollout – 10 reps (2-0-1) • No rest. (used ab wheel for 1 set of these)
B) Stability Ball Jackknife – 15 reps (2-1-1) • No rest.
C) DB Chop – 10 reps per side (2-0-1) 10 lbs/ 5lbs/ air (those 20 lb shoulder presses did my arms in!)
• Rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 supersets.

Interval Workout A warm-up 30/90 for 10 cool-down

FOOD:

Ion- you are probably right about the calorie count and ESE. Since my internet at home is down and I cant used FitDay on a regular basis I will stick with ESE and post my food here trying not to get too low with my count.

My menu for today is:
Greek Yogurt
Slice Ezekiel toast w/ peanut butter
Protein shake (fish oil sup)
Large green salad /w tomato & chicken breast; dressing: lemon, coconut oil, sea salt
Apple
Chilli
Start ESE after supper

Measurements 9/6/10:

Height 5’7” weight 165

Arm 12”
Chest 36”
Waist 28.5”
Lower belly 32.5”
Hips 37”
Thigh 22”

I have to take my son to the local gym/welllness center for therapy on his knee (football injury- he tore his MCL last week) today- while there I will see if they are able to measure body fat. In the past I used online BF calculator that took in my weight, height, and neck, hip and thigh (?) measurements. BTW -I am glad most of my measurements have not changed too much since last contest since the scale has been climbing. I am going to conquer that scale THIS contest though!!!!

Speaking of- I do build muscle VERY easily. And muscle weighs more than fat. So if I really want to see big changes on the scale - do I need to be careful not to build too much muscle to begin with??? Is this something I need to post to Craig and the Fatloss forum????

I am home writing all this in Word- I will hopefully have a few extra minutes when I post this to check out some of your journals and see who else has started! It feels SO GOOD to be back at a TT contest!

My Fitday Journal