TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2010, 01:36 PM

Still havent got a damn paper - must sort that tonight!

Todays workout was cardio 3 workout A - 2 1/2 rounds as i ran out of time!

Food has been:

Greek yog (fage 0%) with raspberries and whey
Jacket potato with tuna, salad and roasted veg.

May just have soup for dinner as my lunch was huge and has filled me up - trying to have my carbs at lunch now so can burn them off - hope this works as i dont think i can give them up totally - i have no energy without them! even if i eat plenty of veg and fruit!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:19 PM

Taking today as a rest day as feel totally shattered, have slight DOMS after yeterdays session which feels sort of good! I also have a banging headache - I was going to do some intervals today but even after some painkillers it hasnt gone so going to leave it today!

Have had a busy work day again too so looking forward to an early night!

Food for today has been:

Porridge with banana and blueberries
4 x Rooibos tea
Jacket potato and chilli with green salad, tomatoes and cucumber and a small portion of coleslaw!
3 x small squares of dark chocolate (think totm is coming and needed a sugar fix - could also explain the headache too)
Butternut squash soup for dinner
Old 09-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchocolate View Post
Taking today as a rest day as feel totally shattered, have slight DOMS after yeterdays session which feels sort of good! I also have a banging headache - I was going to do some intervals today but even after some painkillers it hasnt gone so going to leave it today!

Have had a busy work day again too so looking forward to an early night!

Food for today has been:

Porridge with banana and blueberries
4 x Rooibos tea
Jacket potato and chilli with green salad, tomatoes and cucumber and a small portion of coleslaw!
3 x small squares of dark chocolate (think totm is coming and needed a sugar fix - could also explain the headache too)
Butternut squash soup for dinner

Hi HC

How are you working out your food intake?

x
Old 09-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Hey Stephie

Im trying to use fitday although struggling a bit as everything is very US based, I do have a pretty good idea on calories as i logged on a uk site for years however you have to pay to access that one so i gave it up as an additional expense i could do without.

Im going to try not to focus to heavily on calories in the first instance and try to eat as cleanly as possible and eat when im hungry, if this approach isnt working and i havent lost this week then i'll have to reconsider logging everything.

Having my main meal at lunchtime seems to be working as hopefully im burning some of it off and im not very hungry at dinner time so eating less in the evening. tonight i substituted my soup for greek yog, whey and raspberries.

:-)
Old 09-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Yes that rings a bell - Thanks
A psychiatrist that goes to my gym, saw me doing that one a couple of Saturdays ago. yesterday, he asked me what all the excercises were, so I told him and he tried it out.....he got wiped out and that was using 12# DB's .................
Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Hey Stephie

Im trying to use fitday although struggling a bit as everything is very US based, I do have a pretty good idea on calories as i logged on a uk site for years however you have to pay to access that one so i gave it up as an additional expense i could do without.

Im going to try not to focus to heavily on calories in the first instance and try to eat as cleanly as possible and eat when im hungry, if this approach isnt working and i havent lost this week then i'll have to reconsider logging everything.

Having my main meal at lunchtime seems to be working as hopefully im burning some of it off and im not very hungry at dinner time so eating less in the evening. tonight i substituted my soup for greek yog, whey and raspberries.

:-)
Ive just read one of ur posts.... u are a UK'er too!!!

Ive sent u a pm....

catch up soon x
Old 09-09-2010, 01:41 AM

Smile fit day

Hi Hot chocolate

I have the same problem with fitday, it;s american based so a lot of the foods we are used to are not listed. I try to eat basic foods so that they are on there, but even then its hard as I am not sure if I have used the right milk or margarine listed. I look at the fat content on the lables and try to match it with what's on fit day.

So not sure what I am recording is totally accurate, but it's giving me an idea of what I am doing and making me actually write down what I am eating which is a start!

I live in NZ at the moment and the food choices here are very limited, they do very little low fat yoghurts and I don;t even think I have seen fromage frais here! Low sugar items are practically non existent, compared to what you get in the UK with so many low fat and low sugar alternatives.

But I am a sugar fan so am trying to stay away from it, not quite managed it today, but will keep going!

Good luck with the contest, I am going to up date my thread now with todays workout etc.

Also need to post my measurements and photos, gulp

By the way your photo looks fab you don;t even looks as though you need to lose weight!

Cheers for now

Katie

ps my logon is named after that gorgeous chocolate they sell in the UK, but not in NZ!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 AM

Hey Stephie
yes another Uk er! Just off to read pm now and will reply!

Hi Katie,
I am kind of doing the same with fitday just adding in what i can - and hoping it is working out ok - results will soon give me a clue though!

You arent missing out by not getting low sugar alternatives - usually they are full of additives and sweeteners so you are better to avoid anyway - i would always rather have one bite of a full fat/sugar product than a portion of something full of total rubbish! But for us staying away is best! It must be hard though - do they not sell fage total greek yog? that is the only one i buy!

Galaxy is yummy - chocolate is my downfall!!

Thank you re the pic - it isnt a pretty sight in a bikini believe me!!

I am actually going ot buy a paper tofay and do the pics - have been putting it off all week!
So my official start day will be today then i guess!

\Good luck with yours too!

Sarahxx
Old 09-09-2010, 12:42 PM

There are other sites other than FitDay. Sorry, I don't know them all. But I'm sure you can find another free site that would work better.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
There are other sites other than FitDay. Sorry, I don't know them all. But I'm sure you can find another free site that would work better.
Thank you - yes ive been recommended to one earlier and its great! so hopefully that wil work better for me :-)