TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2010, 05:22 AM
hotchocolate's Avatar
hotchocolate hotchocolate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 223
Smile Hot Chocolates NO Chocolate Contest!

Hey all

This will be my first contest - I was a member a year or so back and loved the workouts - never thought about a transformation contest though!

I am a fitness professional and have gained around 20lbs though stressful personal situations and injuries so I feel a massive need to transform - both for myself and for motivation for my own clients!

I love the TT workouts as i dont have to think about what to do so I will have to have a read through and see which ones to choose for this competition - any suggestions greatly received!

I also want to try using ESE properly which has always evaded me slightly - i have the book and have completed some successful fasts but not regularly - need to get better!

I am sick and tired of not being my best and hoping to use this as my accountability and motivation - it will be challenging as I am stacked out workwise and geenrally train people when i want to be training myself and eating myself so i will have to be super organised and plan ahead big time!

Good luck to all those involved and good luck to me too lol!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 AM
wsarwani's Avatar
wsarwani wsarwani is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Posts: 1,424
Default

Good to have you along for TC9. Maybe we could learn something from you, from your experiences in the field of fitness.

Are you a personal trainer?

Good luck to you...
__________________
Waleed
Powered by Turbulence Training


Find me on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 AM
juliux's Avatar
juliux juliux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 320
Default

Good luck to you!!!

You'll do great and you will be an inspiration for your clients! Just pick a fun workout like 2K4 or AAA abs or hardcore 2K10 (personally this is my favorite)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2010, 09:46 AM
hotchocolate's Avatar
hotchocolate hotchocolate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
Good to have you along for TC9. Maybe we could learn something from you, from your experiences in the field of fitness.

Are you a personal trainer?

Good luck to you...
Thank you - yes I am a PT which makes needing a transformation embarassing!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchocolate View Post
Thank you - yes I am a PT which makes needing a transformation embarassing!!!
No need for embarassment on the forum. We are in this together, good days and bad. Good luck and welcome back.
Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
weetamclan's Avatar
weetamclan weetamclan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,787
Default

Hello! Good luck on the contest - it's my first one too and can't wait to start either And I'm so jealous of your job! Beats sitting in an office all day...
__________________
And then my donkey fell down your waffle hole.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2010, 10:28 PM
thebestme's Avatar
thebestme thebestme is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 998
Default

SO appreciate your honesty! I used to be so fit so it embarrasses me too to have fallen so far. But it happens and now you are gonna be so awesome!!!! Can't wait to see it unfold.
__________________
Naomi
My TT#9 contest thread
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Starbuck1517's Avatar
Starbuck1517 Starbuck1517 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 654
Default

I really love your forum nickname! Welcome back to TT. My personal favorite workouts are Big 5 and Big 6 circuits, because you can get them done within 45 min if you alternate interval and weight days, and 60 min including intervals on the same day. I'm all about efficiency and intensity these days so I'm doing DB depletion next!

I was curious about your title though. I totally agree that chocolate can be a damaging trigger food-but sometimes denying a favorite food totally can be problematic. Maybe you can just replace the "bad" with "somewhat better"? My daily splurge is 3 TB (total of 120 cal) of Starbucks mocha powder in espresso and milk, split between morning and evening. My last two transformation contests have been cocoa-powered! Hey-cocoa has lots of antioxidants, and it's a "better" splurge than soda, candy, or butter. But in all seriousness, having that small treat in my day helped me break my former bad habit of eating hundreds of calories worth of free (regular AND peanut) M&Ms in my company's break rooms.

And just in case you're wondering, my forum nickname actually has nothing to do with the mocha powder or the company Starbucks. I was inspired to get back into my former fit shape in part by Starbuck (Katie Sackhoff) from the new BSG series...it's a rare event you actually see a woman on a weight bench and using a leg press on a TV series, and darn it but I wanted arms like that again!
__________________
Strong is the new skinny!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2010, 04:50 AM
antoheion antoheion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iasi
Posts: 1,196
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchocolate View Post
Hey all

This will be my first contest - I was a member a year or so back and loved the workouts - never thought about a transformation contest though!

I am a fitness professional and have gained around 20lbs though stressful personal situations and injuries so I feel a massive need to transform - both for myself and for motivation for my own clients!

I love the TT workouts as i dont have to think about what to do so I will have to have a read through and see which ones to choose for this competition - any suggestions greatly received!

I also want to try using ESE properly which has always evaded me slightly - i have the book and have completed some successful fasts but not regularly - need to get better!

I am sick and tired of not being my best and hoping to use this as my accountability and motivation - it will be challenging as I am stacked out workwise and geenrally train people when i want to be training myself and eating myself so i will have to be super organised and plan ahead big time!

Good luck to all those involved and good luck to me too lol!!
Good luck with your transformation, it's great to hear from you!!
Ion
__________________
"The loneliest words you'll ever know:
If only, if only it were so
The emptiest words that there’ll ever be:
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
hotchocolate's Avatar
hotchocolate hotchocolate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 223
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
SO appreciate your honesty! I used to be so fit so it embarrasses me too to have fallen so far. But it happens and now you are gonna be so awesome!!!! Can't wait to see it unfold.
Thank you and it sucks doesnt it - but you have already made fab progress and i am going to!!

Starbuck - thank you too - i will check out those routines, i have tried to convert myself onto the dark side and just have a square of a good quality dark chocolate if i really need some - i wont be tempted to eat more as i dont "love" it but it does the trick!

Thanks Ion :-)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.