TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010, 11:53 PM

Day 0 - Sunday, September 5, 2010
19 hours fasting
2:00 - 1 egg, 4 oz egg white, onion, 1 oz lowfat cheese; banana
TT Transformation Workout A - 179 calories, HR average 130
5:30 - pizza: 1/2 whole wheat flat bread, tomato sauce, peppers & onions, 1/2 TJ's chicken patty, 1.5 oz mozzarella, few olives; 4 small figs
8:30 - tea w/half & half, 7 oz 2% greek yogurt w/honey, 5 small figs; apple w/16g sunflower seed butter

TT Transformation Workout A
Bodyweight warmup
1A) DB Squat - 1x8x20lbs
1B) 1-Arm DB Shoulder Press - 1x8x15lbs
2A) DB Reverse Lunge (1 & 1/2 reps) - 1x10/sidex10lbs
2B) Stability Ball Plank - 1x30sec
2C) X-Body Mountain Climber - 1x12/side
3A) DB RDL - 1x8x20lbs
3B) Chops - 1x15/sidex5lbs
3C) Stability Ball Jackknife - 1x15
3D) Side Plank - 1x20/side
4) Double burpees - 8, 6 (some pushups kneeling)

Only one set of each exercise since I'm just starting this workout, and was sick last week before going on vacation. I get sore way too easily if I haven't been working out, even when I do a lot of walking and other activity. I did this workout once before, but had forgotten how hard the double burpees are!

I'm calling today Day 0 because I wasn't quite ready to officially start and weigh myself today after just getting back from vacation last night. Also, I'll be just coming back from vacation on the Friday at the end of 12 weeks, so better to end the have the extra day and contest on Sunday rather than Saturday.

It works best for me to think of a week as Sunday through Saturday though, so I'll be planning as if Saturday is the end of each week and then the 12th week will have an extra day.

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-06-2010, 12:04 AM

Week 1 Goals:
  • Post nutrition and activity every day
  • 3 TT workouts (including Sunday)
  • Average 10,000 steps/day (Monday through Saturday)
  • 1-2 fasting days (including Sunday)
  • Take 7 tsp fish oil/day and Vitamin D
  • No sweet treats (including dark chocolate), with one exception only if my co-workers do a surprise for my birthday
I'm excluding today from the 10,000 steps only because we did a lot of walking on vacation the last 3 days (average over 17,000) and my feet hurt today.

My usual workout schedule is Mon-Wed-Fri, but we're probably going for a hike Saturday morning, so I didn't want a workout scheduled for Friday evening.

My birthday is next Sunday, so need to think about whether I "need" a treat meal that day or just one on Saturday (after hiking with friends).

Must remember to start taking fish oil tomorrow, 2-3 tsp with each main meal!

Current TT Log

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-06-2010, 08:00 AM

Hi Star,
Thanks for stopping by........I know you like the accountability factor as well...........keep on, keep'in on !!!!! Lots of ol familiar names around yet !!! Rob
Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 AM

seems like you have lots of tricks and techniques to keep you on the right track! I think this will be so important over the 12 weeks. Don't mind me if I steal a few of your tips
Old 09-06-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
seems like you have lots of tricks and techniques to keep you on the right track! I think this will be so important over the 12 weeks. Don't mind me if I steal a few of your tips
Steal anything you like! I basically sat down yesterday and tried to identify what my biggest issues are that are preventing me from losing weight, and came up with ideas for how to deal with them. Hopefully they will help, need to print the list out and post it around the house!

Current TT Log

Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM

Default Starting stats

Official stats as of today, September 6, 2010:

Height: 5'5.5"
Weight: 171.4

Neck: 12.5
Shoulder: 43
Chest: 36.75
Upper arm: 12
Waist (narrowest): 30.75
Waist (at belly button): 34.5
Hip: 40.5
Thigh: 23.5
Calf: 16.25

Measurements are all in inches, and I measure only my right side for arm, thigh and calf.

I'm trying to avoid negativity, so lets just say I have lots of room for improvement.

I need to resize pictures, but no energy for that tonight.

Current TT Log

Old 09-06-2010, 11:23 PM

Day 1 - Monday, September 6, 2010
11:00 - 1 egg, 4 oz egg white, spinach, 1 oz lowfat cheese
1:30 - 1/2 cup edamame, yellow squash & onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 8 olives, 1 oz mozzarella
3:30 - apple, grapes, 1 oz raw almonds
6:00 - pizza: 1/2 whole wheat flat bread, tomato sauce, peppers & onions, 1/2 TJ's chicken patty, 1.5 oz mozzarella, few olives
*40 min. walk, hills
8:00 - tea w/half & half, 7 oz 2% greek yogurt w/honey, 4 small figs, peach
Multivitamin, 5000 IU Vitamin D, 3 tsp fish oil

Good day today, had the day off from work and did not snack at all. Taking weights, measurements and pictures this morning was certainly motivation to stay on track.

I did forget to take fish oil until this evening though. Must remember that tomorrow!

Current TT Log

Last edited by evenstar74 : 09-06-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:30 AM

Looks like you had a great day yesterday! Congrats on a really awesome start. Here's hoping that momentum carries you through today and into the rest of the week. Go get 'em, lady! :-)

-Jen
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Default Good Luck!

Great goal list. You seem really focused and I am sure you will do well. Good luck. I def find among me and my friends the weekends are a BIG problem when it comes to eating right. Its the mind set of 'oh I've worked hard all week I deserve to eat what I want, go for drinks, eat lots of chocolate/ sweets etc (insert your own option)'. However, getting a handle on this with my friends support has really helped me with my weight loss efforts. I think if you pencil in treats and dont feel totally deprived then you can achieve everything you want to. I ate like a saint for a month and was almost afraid to have anything 'bad' but you know what you have to live also. Its just about getting the balance right. The 90:10 rule is what I try to follow.

Anyway good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Gillian
Old 09-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Oh I think I love you! Your plan! That is awesome! I'm not the only one with a busy mind! This is really helpful!
My TT#9 contest thread