TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Challenge Workouts
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 04:10 PM

Default June 2008 30-min BW Challenge

This is the end of my 2nd week of the June 2008 TT 30-Minute Bodyweight Challenge Workout. I did the workout C 30-minute challenge today. Last week when I did it I forgot to include the decline pushups during the first 3 rounds so I am posting results from today. Workout as originally prescribed consist of :
Pull-ups-5
Jumps 10
Close-grip Pushup 15
Walking Lunges 10 (each leg)
Chin-ups 5
Mountain Climbers 10/side
Inverted Row 10
1 –Leg Deadlift 10/side
Bicycle Crunch 25/side
Step-ups 15/leg
Decline pushup 10
Nor rest between exercises or after the circuit but I did stop aprox. 10 sec to record time and pulse.
Modifications: because of a herniated disc I substitute jumps to a bench for the jumps. Substituted 15 stability ball jack knife for bicycle crunch and place finger on wall to help with balance for the 1 leg deadlift . Total reps per round 115. My vitals 5’8” tall, 150 lbs, 69 years. Completed 4 total rounds and through walking lunge of a 5th round for total 500 reps. First round completed in 6 min 11 sec with heart rate of 158. Forth round done in 8 min 27 sec with heart rate 171. All reps with good form. By the 4th round the 15 close grip pushups were beginning to be a bit of a struggle but doable. On the last round of walking lunges I was beginning to “wobble” a bit. The pull ups and chin ups are spaced so that they are not “show stoppers”. Hope to improve next attempt which will likely be in about 10 days due to a out of town trip this week. Good functional workout with excellent cardiovascular benefits
Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 PM

Holy smokes - you rocked it!

Great job! That sounds like a doozy.

Mike
Old 07-22-2012, 04:36 PM

My attempt at the challenge last week on July 16 was a bust. The three days prior to the attempt were spent driving 8 hours each of the first and third days and sitting in a seminar for 8 hours on the second. My mind and body were not "in it" so to speak and I bailed about 1/2 way through my 4th round. Today was better but I only imporved by 2 reps. I intentionally slowed my pace slightly so as to not burn out early in the challenge. None the less, my ending heart rate was 177. This 30 minute bodyweight challenge exceeded my expectations and I would consider repeating it some time in the future. Having your mind set in a determined attitude and learning to pace yourself seems to be a big part of these challenges.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Appreciate the feedback, thanks so much.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:54 PM

I am repeating the 30-Minute Bodyweight Challenge Workout from June 2008. Today was workout C which is the actual 30 minute challenge consisting of an 11 exercise circuit done as many times as possible with no defined rest periods.
Pull-ups (5)
Jumps (10) I did jumps to a bench to reduce stress to lumbar disc.
Close-grip Pushup (15)
walking Lunges (10/side)
Chin-ups (5)
Mountain Climbers (10)
Inverted Rows (10)
1-Leg Deadlift (10/side)
Bicycle Crunch (25/side) sub X-body Mt climber feet on bench, hands on SB.
Step-ups (15/side)
Decline Pushup (10)

Completed 4 complete rounds and tot to 5 walking lunges of the 5th round. This is nearly identical to my results from July 2012. I feel I can improve just a little but for me to get much faster I would be sacrificing form on some of the movements which I refuse to do. Per my heart monitor during the 30 min my starting HR 102, Average HR 156, Max HR 173 Total Calories 435. I do lose a little time referring to my sheet to key me to the next several exercises. Good workout and good calorie burn for the time invested.
Don
Old 07-03-2013, 12:40 PM

My challenge workout got interrupted by my backpacking/hiking vacation so I was off about 3 weeks. When I resumed my last two weeks the first challenge workout was really a "challenge". I was tempted to throw in the towel after about round 2 but pushed through and completed 4 rounds plus the 5 pull ups of round 5. In the past I have been able to exceed this. Yesterday (finished the 4 weeks) I exceeded my previous best and was into round 5, getting through the first 5 exercises including the chin ups. I had 15 seconds remaining but stopped. My max heart rate was 178 and calculated calories 422. This has been fairly consistent every time I have attempted this challenge workout. I have my eyes on the Fusion workout next to give a blend of BW and DB exercises. This workout has been one of my favorites....Could likely substitute 3 rounds to replace "cardio".
Old 02-03-2014, 11:36 AM

This is my 3rd repeat of the Bodyweight 30 minute challenge workout. I notice from my original post (where the challenge is detailed) 7/8/2012 my weight was 150 lbs. I currently weigh 143. While my weight went down, my age went up and I am now 71 which may have something to do with my current results but I prefer not to give age too much credit. I did the challenge yesterday with the same modifications as per my original post. I got into round 4 and completed the single leg deadlifts when time expired. Plan to repeat again in about a week, wear my heart rate monitor, and shoot for some improvement. I wold at least like to get through 4 complete rounds.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:04 PM

End of week # 4 and 4th attempt at the 30 minute challenge, going through the circuit as many times as possible in 30 minutes.
5 pull ups
10 jumps (I do box jumps)
15 close grip push ups
10 walking lunges (10 each leg)
5 chin ups
10 mountain climbers
10 inverted rows
10 1-leg deadlift (each leg)
25 bicycle crunch (I usually sub this but did the crunch today)
15 step up (each leg)
10 decline pushup

completed 4 complete rounds and got as far as my 8th box jump in round 5. My max heart rate was 178 and average heart rate 162. Today, I used a slightly higher platform for my jumps and a slightly lower platform for my step ups. Usually I substitute 15 cross body mountain climbers with hands on SB and feet on a bench for the crunches. I may go an extra week and repeat the challenge use the other platform and use the X body Mt climbers.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:47 PM

Final go at this challenge as I extended the workout into a 5th week. Today used 15 cross body mountain climbers with feet on bench and hands on SB as substitute for 25 bicycle crunches. Seems like a fair exchange. Completed 4 complete rounds and got through the 5 chin ups in round 5 with 5 seconds to spare. Maximum heart rate was 183. I believe this is the best I have done on this challenge. Have not decided on next workout.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
Final go at this challenge as I extended the workout into a 5th week. Today used 15 cross body mountain climbers with feet on bench and hands on SB as substitute for 25 bicycle crunches. Seems like a fair exchange. Completed 4 complete rounds and got through the 5 chin ups in round 5 with 5 seconds to spare. Maximum heart rate was 183. I believe this is the best I have done on this challenge. Have not decided on next workout.
Killin' it!

Mikey