TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Checking in here. PT has been going really well, and I was actually feeling pretty darn good until I volunteered at the Ironman yesterday. Killed my back, hasn't stopped the spasm since. Drat! But it's always fun and inspiring to see these guys, from the top of the field all the way to the 70+ year old and significantly overweight folks bringing up the rear. I don't know how they do it.

This year's theme is Ho`omau (hoh oh mow - accent on the first syllable, rhymes with wow), which means to go forth with determination, perseverance and endurance. The symbol is the `iwa bird, which can fly for days without landing. I put the free poster up where I can see it as a reminder...keep pushing toward the goal. Persist.

Had a really nice swim this morning; the surf was a bit rough but no complaints here!

I love my new Vitamix and have a yummy chocolate smoothie recipe for you. I'll post it in the Nutrition section.
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's blender."
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 10-19-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:58 AM

Well, I messed up that commandment; I've been coveting my neighbors' blenders for YEARS. I have been putting that puppy to use, too. I think we use it 3 times a day.

I've really been getting into swimming, too, since that's on my approved exercise list. It makes me feel so good, all worked out and very happy. And hungry! As long as I have veggies in the house I'm safe, because after I've been out for about an hour I need to eat NOW.