TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Oh, I almost forgot to tell y'all, I'm very proud of myself for resisting all the temptation around me this weekend.

My youngest had a sleepover for his 15th birthday with 7 humongous teenage boys eating lots and lots of the junky food he loves (pepperoni pizza, brownies, ice cream, chips, sugary drinks--I let him have whatever he wants for his birthday party) and I didn't have ANY! I just made myself delicious food was totally satisfied. In fact, I didn't even lick the bowl when I made the brownies.

Just lookin' for the electronic love here...
Old 09-08-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Oh boy, you are dedicated in making your own! I used to do that ages ago (can't remember what supplement it was), and just remember how much time it took. But perhaps this little gizmo would change my mind?

I made dal last night with extra turmeric and ginger
It doesn't take long. You make 24 at once. Plus, I don't care for the taste of turmeric.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-08-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot to tell y'all, I'm very proud of myself for resisting all the temptation around me this weekend.

My youngest had a sleepover for his 15th birthday with 7 humongous teenage boys eating lots and lots of the junky food he loves (pepperoni pizza, brownies, ice cream, chips, sugary drinks--I let him have whatever he wants for his birthday party) and I didn't have ANY! I just made myself delicious food was totally satisfied. In fact, I didn't even lick the bowl when I made the brownies.

Just lookin' for the electronic love here...

Way to go!! That's where the rubber meets the road!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-08-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:35 AM

I'm working with the Booty for Wife program and modifying or skipping if things don't feel good, and I'm loving the sore butt part. It's been a long time since I worked my backside so much!

Also, surprisingly, I actually lost a pound this week and a couple inches. Woot woot.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I'm working with the Booty for Wife program and modifying or skipping if things don't feel good, and I'm loving the sore butt part. It's been a long time since I worked my backside so much!

Also, surprisingly, I actually lost a pound this week and a couple inches. Woot woot.
Nice Butt...I mean work. I totally meant work!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:52 AM

LOL! Leslie, I've been AWOL. Totally you with that comment...

Anyway, quick check in. I'm visiting my parents and doing great with all the sugar temptations around here. I only went for a small piece (like 3 bites' worth) of the chocolate mousse dessert someone brought over the other night, when it was fresh, then walked by the leftovers for 3 days until someone else ate it. I just threw out some of the other leftovers. It's not worth it!

This is interesting, though. I sauteed some chard with onion and chopped bacon last night for everyone and they were totally surprised that green stuff could taste good. My brother didn't even know what chard was! The whole visit is making it very clear how little many people really understand about food.

I'm still on the bodyweight workouts for this trip (obviously, since I'm at my parents' house) and even did a little tiny bit of running intervals yesterday (only a couple short ones), just to see what happened. I feel fine! Woot woot!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:06 PM

Hope you are enjoying time with the family. We had to make our "dream sheet" for our next move. We put stay here as our top choice. Cali was number 2.(it's my number 1 though!)
Old 09-20-2014, 05:38 AM

Back from the road, and checking in on the scale and tape measure. I feel lighter and it looks like my legs are leaner...

Down 3 pounds, 1.6" total from multiple spots from the waist down, and 1% body fat. Woot woot!

Musta been Jay Ferrugia's coffee. I don't drink coffee, but he gave me a bag at the MM meeting so a few days later I had to try a cup. Killed my stomach. Killed my appetite. Gave me killer energy. Kept me up until midnight...

I feel GOOD

Oh, BTW, the best news of all: my back was feeling really good while on this trip (10 days). I think it has to do with moving a lot more than I do here.

There's a lesson in there...so tonight I went for a lovely swim and got all stretched out. The water is actually too hot to even cool off, and has been for a couple months. Makes it actually pleasant to run into a random cold spring.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:16 AM

Okay, so there's good news and not so good news.

The good news -- actually GREAT news -- is that I've found a physical therapist who thinks she can have me pain-free in about 6 weeks. WOOHOO!!!! If that happens I will be the happiest person alive. I have been held back with this far too much for far too long.

The bad news, only relatively speaking, is that I'm only supposed to do "the exercises she gives me, walk, swim and dance," which means no TT for the time being.

I love my TT, but I love pain free even more So I'm taking some very nice swims out in the ocean lately. Really nice. The past two days have been absolutely flat, no wind, and it's gorgeous. I found that Johnson's baby shampoo works really well to keep the goggles clear, so I can actually see the fish and coral now!

But my quest for fat loss and greater health continues, and I'm expecting a new toy in the mail to support those goals very soon. I splurged and bought a Vitamix! I love my Health Master that I got at a garage sale, but now the blender jar gear is failing, which is apparently their typical failure mode. It's not supported by the company any more, and it would take me another $50 to get a used jar, which already has corrosion from the washers leaking (I can spot it on the photos). So I got a reconditioned Vitamix, which is hundreds of dollars less than the new ones. Superfood smoothies, here I come.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:01 AM

Checking in here. PT has been going really well, and I was actually feeling pretty darn good until I volunteered at the Ironman yesterday. Killed my back, hasn't stopped the spasm since. Drat! But it's always fun and inspiring to see these guys, from the top of the field all the way to the 70+ year old and significantly overweight folks bringing up the rear. I don't know how they do it.

This year's theme is Ho`omau (hoh oh mow - accent on the first syllable, rhymes with wow), which means to go forth with determination, perseverance and endurance. The symbol is the `iwa bird, which can fly for days without landing. I put the free poster up where I can see it as a reminder...keep pushing toward the goal. Persist.

Had a really nice swim this morning; the surf was a bit rough but no complaints here!

I love my new Vitamix and have a yummy chocolate smoothie recipe for you. I'll post it in the Nutrition section.