TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2014, 03:18 AM

Default Always improving...

I'm over here...

Here's my new thread since my original one has a misleading title (17,777).

So, for the contest: my starting date was Aug. 28, just in time for 12 weeks. We must have had a mind meld yesterday, as I hadn't read the forum yet but started Booty for Wife, with modifications as necessary for my back. I did the first workout but substituted TBEs for burpees, cut the mountain climbers short, and modified some of the pushups. I think it is a good choice. Thanks for the direction.

As for the nitty-gritty, measurements are:

Weight 116
Bust 34.5
Biceps 9.25
Waist 28
Hips 36.25
Upper thigh 21
Mid-thigh 17.25
Above knee 14.75
Below knee 12.5
Calf 13.38
% fat (3 site) 16.5 %
Quad skinfold 20mm

Here we go...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC 21 front 28Aug2014 - Copy.JPG (37.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg TC 21 side 28Aug2014 - Copy.JPG (37.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg TC 21 back 28Aug2014 - Copy.JPG (30.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 AM

Default PT for me

I finally had my follow-up visit after my MRI and got the lowdown. Apparently among other things I have a couple mildly bulging discs with "advanced bilateral degenerative facet arthritis/ligamentum flavum hypertrophy" which leads to "mild spinal canal stenosis with narrowing of the lateral recesses."

Crud.

Well, I held off on the injection/surgeon consult route and opted for PT to see what we can accomplish. I'll be starting soon, as soon as we can get it scheduled.

It's good to know what's going on, and I'm grateful for expert medical care. I'll be fine, eventually.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
I finally had my follow-up visit after my MRI and got the lowdown. Apparently among other things I have a couple mildly bulging discs with "advanced bilateral degenerative facet arthritis/ligamentum flavum hypertrophy" which leads to "mild spinal canal stenosis with narrowing of the lateral recesses."

Crud.

Well, I held off on the injection/surgeon consult route and opted for PT to see what we can accomplish. I'll be starting soon, as soon as we can get it scheduled.

It's good to know what's going on, and I'm grateful for expert medical care. I'll be fine, eventually.
That's a mouthful, Maureen.
Yes, I am sure it's good to know exactly what you are facing. I love the advancement of the medical field but when it comes to back surgery I have heard that most regret it.I think it's a good idea to try PT first. Hang in there
Old 09-05-2014, 03:33 AM

Thanks, Shawn. My friend that had the hysterectomy also went through a back surgery right afterward, for a more severe version of what I have. She swears by it, but then again she was falling down for lack of feeling in her feet, and becoming incontinent. That's what finally scared me into getting mine looked at, since my symptoms matched her early symptoms. I'm not about to get to where she was.

BUT, that said, I avoid surgeons if at ALL possible. Always a risk of something going wrong.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Unhappy

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this! You may have said this previously, but was this caused by an injury?
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-06-2014, 03:23 PM

I haven't had any specific injury, just chronic pain over the years likely due to being a little crooked...I have a bit of scoliosis. It's something I've dealt with off and on since 7th grade, actually, but lately it's been more severe and holding me back in many areas. Now to figure out how to make it better....

Since I believe in food as medicine I've been having fun challengin my super-blender to make smoothies with more veggies, especially the anti-inflammatories like ginger. Just the other day I had a pretty good one with carrot, ginger, lettuce (yep, the only green leaf in the fridge), vanilla protein powder, salt (I always add a few grinds of good sea salt) and water/ice. It was quite tasty.

I have yet to find a way to enjoy turmeric in a smoothie. Anyone?
Old 09-07-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:

Haha.... I am just a bit afraid to try that one.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:13 PM

Here's to Physical therapy and an anti inflammatory diet: Hoping it gets the job done for you Maureen.

Can't wait to see you, and travel safe.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I haven't had any specific injury, just chronic pain over the years likely due to being a little crooked...I have a bit of scoliosis. It's something I've dealt with off and on since 7th grade, actually, but lately it's been more severe and holding me back in many areas. Now to figure out how to make it better....

Since I believe in food as medicine I've been having fun challengin my super-blender to make smoothies with more veggies, especially the anti-inflammatories like ginger. Just the other day I had a pretty good one with carrot, ginger, lettuce (yep, the only green leaf in the fridge), vanilla protein powder, salt (I always add a few grinds of good sea salt) and water/ice. It was quite tasty.

I made turmeric and black pepper vitamins. This is what I make them with.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/capsu...FaTm7Aodo1cA2Q
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-08-2014, 06:44 PM

Oh boy, you are dedicated in making your own! I used to do that ages ago (can't remember what supplement it was), and just remember how much time it took. But perhaps this little gizmo would change my mind?

I made dal last night with extra turmeric and ginger