TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2014, 11:38 AM

Default 10/4/14

I somehow dropped almost 4 lbs since Wednesday. The only thing I did differently is drink 64 oz of water everyday.

I'm not very good about drinking water. I took Frick and Frack to the movies and had to go pee 3 times while there!

It is a big football weekend in Texas. The Texans hope to beat the Cowboys and the Bears hope to beat the Long Horns. No football food will be entering my house though.(unless one considers sushi and kombucha football food!)(which this one does)(this one does not actually like football)(unless one calls soccer football)

I'm eating out tonight with a friend at the Mosquito Cafe. Dr. Berardi has been posting a lot lately about using "bug flour" as a viable protein source. As far as I know, I will not actually be eating mosquitoes. I've looked ahead at the menu and there are plenty of healthy options that don't include insects.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 10-04-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Default 10/6/14

Things are progressing nicely!

Didn't do the Football Field Workout Today because it is pouring down rain. I did get a 20 minute walk in and will go to the gym later with my taters. I'll do the FBF 444 tomorrow. All of my clothes are too big. I will have to buy a few things for substitute teaching. I have this pair of shorts that I've had for years.(they are from when shorts used to be worn at the waistline) They were my "goal".(back when I only had silly goals) I could not button them. They are now so big, that I'll be donating them this week!

I have one chapter of the NASM textbook left to read before I start over with the study guide. Today's chapter had a big section on Active Listening for the purpose of building a caring relationship. Good stuff and exactly what I've been working on!

Music practice only happens when I make it happen. No surprises there. My kids love to see me practicing my little tin whistle.

Our neighborhood is having a yard sale in 2 weeks. I hope to score some exercise equipment for the garage. I have quite a few things already, but want more.

All for now!Oh...I am finally getting rid of my Fred Flintstone telephone, so expect lots of pictures of dragon flies and lawn crews.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 10-07-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post

Dr. Berardi has been posting a lot lately about using "bug flour" as a viable protein source. As far as I know, I will not actually be eating mosquitoes. I've looked ahead at the menu and there are plenty of healthy options that don't include insects.
I was pretty excited about trying out that cricket flour until I saw it was $22/lb...
Old 10-07-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Do you crawl in public??
If you consider the gym "public", absolutely. Concetta
Old 10-08-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
I was pretty excited about trying out that cricket flour until I saw it was $22/lb...
What the ho?? Are you serious? Sadly, cricket flour will have to wait. The boys will be so disappointed!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
That is AWESOME! Okay so now when I'm at the Y doing total body extensions getting weird looks, I'm going to think, "What Would Concetta Do"?
P.S. Thank you for "teaching" me how to move a quote onto someone else's thread!
I remember when I was the only one using KBs, now many are picking them up. I'll let you know when someone follows me around the track on all fours.
....Welcome. Concetta
Old 10-19-2014, 10:31 PM

Smile

I will be hiring a nasm trainer to take me through an abbreviated version of OPT method used by NASM so I can get a practical idea of the model. I'm a hands on learner. This will take me out of the running for the current contest.

I'm still around though and still cheering for ALL of you transformers. I'm so proud to know each of you, even if it's just online! I'll still be updating my thread in the 'green tea' area and hope to report that I've passed my exam and have moved on to the next thing on my dream sheet.

I'll start substitute teaching next week to bankroll the whole operation! My first 2 assignments are for theater arts classes which is exciting as TA was my best subject in school.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:53 PM

There will be more contests, your cert is important. Good luck.

Quote:
I could not get the video to work. Is this with a KB? I can't seem to do a KB snatch. It hurts my arm when the kb hits it. I'm going to try wearing Dr. J sweat bands on my arms to see if that helps.
Yes with a KB. I had bruises on my arms when learning also. Here is a video(hope it works) that might help: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwhK...DQSwyfDE2AfE-Q)
If you don't mind reading, here might help: (http://danjohn.net/2011/11/teaching-...lebell-snatch/)