TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Today is cheat meal and rest day. I will be having Mexican food. I will not be having tequila or wine. I will get some reading and music practice done while the boys are getting their studying finished. I won't get a walk in because we are in the midst of a mosquito plague. I got about 10 bites through my shirt while cutting the grass yesterday. This was after I doused myself in cancer-causing chemicals.

I will try and squeeze in a yoga session as my body is feeling the effects of X-treme Fatloss week 1.
Surprisingly I am not that sore. A little in the shoulders but not too bad.
Tomorrow starts week 2 of Xtreme fat loss...Yay!

Great job on your commitment to no alcohol. I am having one last cheat day today with alcohol and then no more for a minimum of 2 weeks. You, me and Pete need to keep each other accountable!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:14 AM

Default Yesterday and Today

My schedule was/is completely owned by my volunteer and wife role yesterday and today. I am the concession stand coordinator for the athletics booster club. We have our grand opening today. I've spent the last few days getting some instructions and systems into place so that it will take minimal brain power for me after this week. It will also help whoever takes over next year. I was left a bit of a mess.

My husband bought the cheapest season tickets available for the rockets this year. I completely forgot that we are be schmoozed at the toyota center today. I assume to get us to up-grade. That is right in the middle of my day. I will have to workout tonight.

My diet is good(except for Sundays!). What I'm doing now is something I can maintain for a lifetime. We'll see how I do over the holidays. I don't usually stress eat, but big family gatherings cause me to.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-10-2014, 02:09 PM

I have to pull it back together. The diet has been fine and I've gotten my workouts in, but my schedule is out of control. Tomorrow is sort of a free day so I can attempt to get back on schedule. I have gotten some reading done each day, but not enough. I have not been getting up with the alarm. That is a big part of the problem.

Tin Whistle practice has not been happening. I have been getting plenty of listening practice in though. What I think it comes down to for me is slowing my mind down, putting my immediate wants aside, and focusing on what another human being is telling me. This is actually pretty hard for me. I'm not as good a listener as i was giving myself credit for. I may have just gone through the motions a lot.

Weight is still dropping. I'll re-take measurements at the 4 week mark.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-10-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Tin Whistle practice has not been happening. I have been getting plenty of listening practice in though. What I think it comes down to for me is slowing my mind down, putting my immediate wants aside, and focusing on what another human being is telling me. This is actually pretty hard for me. I'm not as good a listener as i was giving myself credit for. I may have just gone through the motions a lot.

Weight is still dropping. I'll re-take measurements at the 4 week mark.
I have trouble slowing my mind down and focusing at times but it is well worth the effort to make yourself focus.

Awesome on the diet and exercise! Scale weight is not as important as us gals make it out to be. My new client lost 6.75 inches in just under a month. Scale weight....Same!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
I have trouble slowing my mind down and focusing at times but it is well worth the effort to make yourself focus.

Awesome on the diet and exercise! Scale weight is not as important as us gals make it out to be. My new client lost 6.75 inches in just under a month. Scale weight....Same!
That was my experience too for the first contest.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:05 AM

Default 9/12/14

First to what I'm doing right:
I have not had any alcohol. I wanted some last night when we went out to dinner. I have been sticking pretty closely to my diet and my weight has been steadily dropping. I have been getting my workouts in, although a little out of order this week.

What I HAVE to fix:
1. I have not been getting up when I wanted to. I want to be up by 5. I've been getting up closer to 6-6:30.

2. I have not been following my schedule. I've been allowing 1 or 2 things to dominate my day. I have to fix this.

3. No music practice. If I don't schedule creativity and follow through, it's not going to happen. Growing this side of me is important to me.

Today: Get back on schedule starting now. 2 hours of study, workout,30 minutes of music practice....

Hope everyone else is having a great day! Leslie
Old 09-18-2014, 12:11 PM

Default 9/18/14

I've been doing really well the past few days. I have not stuck to the sked exactly, but I have gotten everything done that needed doing.

I've been doing the workouts and following the diet. Weight continues to drop and butt continues to lift.

I've practiced my tin whistle everyday. I watched a youtube video about learning any skill in 20 hours. I'm working from that framework.

Still plugging along in the NASM book. I reached out to a friend who is a personal trainer and military spouse. She is sort of virtual mentoring me.

Headed out of town shortly. I'll get to workout in the Baylor gym. Not the one where RG3 worked out, but still super nice. Be back next week sometime!

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-18-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:22 PM

I had a nice weekend with my daughter. I ate like a college kid all weekend.(no liquor though)I am fasting today. I did get my workouts in. I have one week left of X-treme fatloss. I will probably take a week off from intense stuff and just do some of the body weight workouts. I read Brad Pilon's recent article on determining ideal body measurements for women. I'm actually very close. The "ideal" waist measurement for me is 24.5. Mine is 25.5. The ideal lbm 97. Mine is 97. The ideal shoulder circumference is 40". Mine is 41. To be at 18% body fat, I need to lose 5lbs of fat. These before and after pictures obviously will not win a contest but I'm happy to have numbers to shoot for. I need to tweak the dietslightly(I think I eat a few too many nuts) and find a workout that won't cause me to add anymore bulk, but will cause me to drop the last 5 #s of blub. I can show you exactly where it is. I'll research that next week while I'm on a "heavy" lifting break.

Music practice is coming along nicely. We attended a college talent show. That was motivating. My daughter said we could work on some duets at Christmas. She plays a mean fiddle.

I did not get any studying done this weekend. We did drive out to the site of the Branch Davidian compound. I was expecting it to just be a memorial. It is that, but there are actually members who still live and work out there. Texas is a great place for whackos to hide.(Waco is sometimes referred to as Whacko,TX)
Old 09-22-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I had a nice weekend with my daughter. I ate like a college kid all weekend.(no liquor though)I am fasting today. I did get my workouts in. I have one week left of X-treme fatloss. I will probably take a week off from intense stuff and just do some of the body weight workouts. I read Brad Pilon's recent article on determining ideal body measurements for women. I'm actually very close. The "ideal" waist measurement for me is 24.5. Mine is 25.5. The ideal lbm 97. Mine is 97. The ideal shoulder circumference is 40". Mine is 41. To be at 18% body fat, I need to lose 5lbs of fat. These before and after pictures obviously will not win a contest but I'm happy to have numbers to shoot for. I need to tweak the dietslightly(I think I eat a few too many nuts) and find a workout that won't cause me to add anymore bulk, but will cause me to drop the last 5 #s of blub. I can show you exactly where it is. I'll research that next week while I'm on a "heavy" lifting break.

Music practice is coming along nicely. We attended a college talent show. That was motivating. My daughter said we could work on some duets at Christmas. She plays a mean fiddle.

I did not get any studying done this weekend. We did drive out to the site of the Branch Davidian compound. I was expecting it to just be a memorial. It is that, but there are actually members who still live and work out there. Texas is a great place for whackos to hide.(Waco is sometimes referred to as Whacko,TX)

Sometimes spending time with the family is more important than studying. Sounds like you had a great time with your daughter.

Do you have a link to Brad's article?
I am curious. I have no clue where I will end up when I get rid of the fat. My best guess is about 150 when I reach 18% bodyfat.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Sometimes spending time with the family is more important than studying. Sounds like you had a great time with your daughter.

Do you have a link to Brad's article?
I am curious. I have no clue where I will end up when I get rid of the fat. My best guess is about 150 when I reach 18% bodyfat.
I guess it's not a new post. I just got it via email. Here it is.

http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/wom...-measurements/

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-22-2014 at 06:59 PM.