TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 PM

Smile 9/3/14

The schedule was wonky today because I got up 1/2 an hour late and I had a vet appt. in the morning.

I did get an hour of studying and my workout in. It was doozy. I'll post in my workout journal tomorrow.(at my regularly scheduled computer time!)

I ate all good food today, but maybe too much of it. I'll be fasting tomorrow. The scale weight has gone down a little each day.

No tin whistle today. I'm not sure I could lift my arms that high anyway!

I've been concentrating more on actively listening to people and not allowing my mind to wander.

P.S. Can someone please teach me to make smiley faces within the text?

P.P.S. The Extreme Fat Loss 3.0 came at the perfect time. I wanted to get up early, which means going to bed early. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I am bushed.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-04-2014, 04:02 AM

You need to go to User CP (top left of the screen) in the control panel you will see edit options. Click that and then scroll right to the bottom. You will see miscellaneous options with a drop down box "message editor interface". Click the drop down box and select enhance interface.

You'll get all the smilies etc on the left hand side of your posting options from that point onward.

Failing all of this you can just type : and then ) right next to each other if all you ever want to do is add a smiley face.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
You need to go to User CP (top left of the screen) in the control panel you will see edit options. Click that and then scroll right to the bottom. You will see miscellaneous options with a drop down box "message editor interface". Click the drop down box and select enhance interface.

You'll get all the smilies etc on the left hand side of your posting options from that point onward.

Failing all of this you can just type : and then ) right next to each other if all you ever want to do is add a smiley face.
Yeah Baby!!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-04-2014, 07:04 PM

Default 9/4/14

Stayed mostly on schedule until I got to the volunteer slot. I've cut all my school volunteering down to 1 job. Today was the first day that I had real work for it and it involved technology. I wanted to cry. I did not cry. I did get my kids take out pizza though, because I have to get then from football(does offsides in football mean the same thing as soccer?) and then go back to the school for open house.

Exercise was great. I love yoga. I'm using the breathing techniques in my gym workouts. I feel so much stronger in my low back. My hips still need work and my neck is still tight, but I am noticing a difference.

Only ate once today. I allow 500 calories on my fast day. I challenge myself to see how many different things I can fit w/in 500 calories.

I WILL practice my tin whistle before I go to bed tonight. I'd like to be able to play this by this time next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQ7w9gxEJQ
Old 09-05-2014, 02:34 AM

Hey, that tin whistle sounds good. You'll need to post a YouTube of yourself when you can play this song ;O

I'm looking forward to the 500 calorie meal plan. I read about that method, rather than full fast. Are you doing that now?
Old 09-05-2014, 02:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Hey, that tin whistle sounds good. You'll need to post a YouTube of yourself when you can play this song ;O

I'm looking forward to the 500 calorie meal plan. I read about that method, rather than full fast. Are you doing that now?
I'm really just doing ESE. The Fast Diet was the one I read before ESE. That is the calorie prescription they gave. I don't remember Brad Pilon giving an actual calorie number for the one meal.(I may have missed this as I'm still reading it in chunks) I found that the fast started "working" for me when I gave myself the 500 calorie limit. The Fast Diet allows you to break up the calories throughout the day. I don't do that because: 1.autophagy is said to peak at b/n 16-24 hours and 2. I prefer 1 large meal to 2 small ones.
As far as meal plans go, I tend to eat the same few "meals" over and over. I mostly change up the veggies. I like to see how many different veggies I can fit into one 500 calories meal. The meats I usually eat are chicken sausages and eggs. I can easily know the calories in these. I also almost always eat sauerkraut with the meal to help with the digestion and to get a ton of nutrients for very little calories.

One funny thing about both of the diets is that they both say something like, "You get so much done, becasue you don't have to think about food all day." They must not have kids or do the cooking! The fast are easier now that school has started again. I use my fast day to cook them something that they like, but I don't.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Default Yesterday and Today

Yesterday, although not perfectly on schedule, I did accomplish all of the biggies. This is where the white board comes in handy for me.(thanks Mikey!) When the schedule goes off the rails, I can look at the big things I've written on my whiteboard and make sure to accomplish those.

I know some might think the Tin Whistle is a goofy thing or time wasting thing for me to be doing at 43. One of my life's regrets is not knowing how to play a musical instrument. I've quit music lesson 3 times in my life(trombone(yes I've always been weird),and piano twice) I'm giving it another go. Plus-Music learning creates new pathways in the brain. I need some roadwork repair in the brain!

I'm blazing along in my NASM studies. I admit that while reading some of the human body stuff, I have to go back a re-read some sections like 10 times! I just started section 2 which moves into the client assessment part. Today I'm going to use the numbers from my chiro/friend and see if i can get the same body fat measurement.(his wife would like me to come work with them when I'm certified)Their gym is in a converted boat storage facility, is made of sheet metal and has no AC! We'll have to see about that one!

I'm still practicing my active listening.I was talking to the boys football coach yesterday and realized that I kept looking away, so halfway through the conversation, I laser beamed in on his eyes. He probably thought I was hitting on him. I was not.

This weekend, my challenging child is in Boston. My stress level is low. I plan to get a couple hours of study and my workout in. This afternoon we have a tailgate party at the middle school to kick off football season. I'm going to grill all by my own self some healthy chicken sausages w/sauerkraut and healthy veggies.

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-06-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Crap-I'm 42, not 43! See, I need brain help!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Crap-I'm 42, not 43! See, I need brain help!
Hilarious. Yes, brain fog from too much stress...been there, done that. Glad you have a peaceful weekend planned!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:03 AM

Smile

Today is cheat meal and rest day. I will be having Mexican food. I will not be having tequila or wine. I will get some reading and music practice done while the boys are getting their studying finished. I won't get a walk in because we are in the midst of a mosquito plague. I got about 10 bites through my shirt while cutting the grass yesterday. This was after I doused myself in cancer-causing chemicals.

I will try and squeeze in a yoga session as my body is feeling the effects of X-treme Fatloss week 1.