TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2014, 09:17 PM

Default Saturday 11 October 2014

On Saturday a friend of mine from Melbourne flew up to the Gold Coast for a few days holiday...It's about 80km from where I live and has some awesome beaches.

I took the kids down there for a swim and found some cool pull-up bars along the beach. I couldn't help myself and do a short little workout.

Muscle-Ups x 13...3 were weighted, I had my back pack on and weighed about 4kg.
Human Flag x 3 / side
Russian Dips x 5
Close grip Push-Ups x 25
Superman Push-Ups x 5
Pistol Squat x 10 / leg

I ended this off with a nice dip in the ocean...a great day out.

My tally towards my 12 week total:

760 - Pistol Squats (380 / leg)
  • 348 Total (174 / Leg)
440 - 1 Arm Push-Ups (220 / arm)
  • 206 Total (103 / Arm)
720 - Strict Pull-Ups
  • 210 Total
300 - Muscle-ups
  • 151 Total
720 - Straight Bar Dips & Parallel Bar Dips
  • 235 Total
300 - Handstand Push-Ups
  • 142 Total
240 - Dragon Flags
  • 170 Total

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 10-12-2014, 11:26 PM

Default Sunday 12 October 2014

I didn't get up to much today...I was feeling lethargic and spent most of the day on the couch watching TV. I had no energy to do anything...it may have been from all the sun from the beach yesterday and the fact that I didn't sleep a wink last night. I just tossed and turned all night and felt like a zombie when I finally got out of bed.

At about 4pm I finally decided to get up and do something...I took the kids down to the park to play. While I was there I decided to work on my flags; well I'm glad I did because I nailed my first horizontal flag on a vertical post.

I can't tell you how happy I am with this new feat of strength I have...!
=====
=====

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 10-14-2014, 10:59 PM

Default Monday 13 October 2014

I had a really good solid session today, except for the Handstand Push-Ups...I battled with them a bit.

Bodyweight Warm-Up x 3 Rounds
• Go through the circuit using a 2-0-1 tempo for each exercise.
1A) Prisoner Squat – 12 reps
1B) Pushup – 8 reps
1C) Prisoner Lunge – 8 reps per

4 Sets
  • Handstand Push-Ups x 4...they were a squeeze but I got them
  • Dragon Flags x 5

2 Sets
  • L-Sit to Tuck Planche on parallettes x 3
  • L-Sit to Bent Arm Stand to L-Sit on parallettes x 1...I nailed it today, first time I have managed to get this move....SOLID!
  • Handstand against the wall x 5
  • Crow stand to Bent Arm Stand progression x 3...My first set I nailed this move too like on the parallettes...I am so stoked with my progress. To me, this is a great show tail sign of my strength development and progression.

5 Minutes
Freestanding Hand balancing practice on the floor and parallettes...I too, got a sweet 14 sec hold on the floor, I managed to get this one on video . I also got a good few solid ones on the parallettes, too.

2 Sets
  • Parallel Bar dip to L-Sit x 10

After this I worked on my Planche progression on the dip bars.
  • L-Sit to Straddle Planche x 10...my straight arm strength is starting to show through now. Hopefully in the next 6 months or so I will be doing a full Planche

3 Sets
  • Squat Jumps x 15

I reached some new PR's in my training today...I couldn't be more happier with my progress so far.

• 348 Total (174 / Leg)
  • 206 Total (103 / Arm)
720 - Strict Pull-Ups
  • 210 Total
300 - Muscle-ups
  • 151 Total
  • 235 Total
300 - Handstand Push-Ups
  • 158 Total
240 - Dragon Flags
  • 190 Total

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 10-16-2014, 12:41 AM

I had an OK session at the park today...my biceps were feeling it from all the straight arm work.

Bodyweight Warm-Up x 3 Rounds
• Go through the circuit using a 2-0-1 tempo for each exercise.
1A) Prisoner Squat – 12 reps
1B) Pushup – 8 reps
1C) Prisoner Lunge – 8 reps per

3 Sets
  • Muscle-Ups x 5

2 Sets
  • Straddle front lever x 10 sec
  • Tuck Front Lever Hold x 10 sec
  • One Leg Front Lever Tuck Hold / Leg x 10 sec
  • Back Lever Hold x 10 sec
  • Windscreen Wipers x 5 / side

2 Sets
  • Press Flag / side
  • Handstand x 5

1 Sets
  • Supported Front Lever to Muscle-Up x 5

• 348 Total (174 / Leg)
  • 206 Total (103 / Arm)
720 - Strict Pull-Ups
  • 210 Total
300 - Muscle-ups
  • 171 Total
  • 235 Total
300 - Handstand Push-Ups
  • 158 Total
240 - Dragon Flags
  • 190 Total

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 10-19-2014, 10:57 PM

Craig-The things you are accomplishing are so cool and inspiring!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 10-26-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Craig-The things you are accomplishing are so cool and inspiring!
Thanks Leslie, !

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 10-26-2014, 08:07 PM

I've been a bit under the weather last week...I've had this lingering head cold for about a week and 1/2 now. I also felt like my elbows needed a break from the Pull-Up bar.

I also realise that I am not going to make the reps set out to myself because of tapering down my workouts over the past couple weeks. I have improved on my Front Lever and am now able to perform a Back Lever...I am happy with the results achieved so far.

But disappointing for me is that I've seemed to have lost my Pistol Squat too, not been able to keep my balance or push myself out of the bottom position.

I may just need a break from this all together for a while and switch over to doing something else for a while...I think its now time to start focusing on the parallettes as I feel I have built up enough strength to actually being able to begin the program. My Tuck Planche and Bent Arm Stand are fairly solid now compared to when I first began the prep phase of the Parallettes.

Here are my workouts from last week

Wednesday 22 October 2014

I skipped the bodyweight warm-up...I was pressured for time.

4 Sets
  • Handstand Push-Ups x 4
  • Dragon Flags x 5

2 Sets
  • L-Sit to Tuck Planche on parallettes x 3
  • L-Sit to Bent Arm Stand to L-Sit on parallettes x 3
  • Crow stand to Bent Arm Stand progression x 3
  • Freestanding Handstand x 5

5 Minutes
Freestanding Hand balancing practice on the parallettes

A solid session despite the fact I had hectic blocked sinus's and feeling under the weather.

Friday 24 October 2014

I took the day of work...I was not feeling the greatest, it felt like I needed to rest and do nothing from this flu. By the end of the afternoon I was feeling pretty good and well rested...I went and fetched Ciarán from childcare.

His friends love it when I come to fetch him as I always spend a good 10 to 15 min at the the monkey bars with them watching and help them climb across. I ended up doing a good few Muscle-Ups, Front Levers and Flags for them. They always enjoy it when I get involved with them.

Sunday 26 October 2014

It was the hottest day so far since the start of Spring...I also felt like I needed to do some exercise as I have slacked off a fair bit in the last coulee weeks. Went down to the park around 4:20pm...still very hot. I was just mucking around trying to get some reps in. I spent about 30 mins there before letting the Ciarán play on the swings.
  • Muscle-Ups x 10
  • Bar Dips x 10
  • Front Levers x 5
  • Back Levers x 5
  • Flags x 4 / side
  • Close Grip Push-Ups x 20
  • Decline Push-Ups x 10
  • Toes to Bar x 10
  • Windscreen Wipers x 5 / side
  • Prisoner Squats x 60

I ended this off with Burpees x 10

• 348 Total (174 / Leg)
  • 206 Total (103 / Arm)
720 - Strict Pull-Ups
  • 210 Total
300 - Muscle-ups
  • 181 Total
  • 245 Total
300 - Handstand Push-Ups
  • 174 Total
240 - Dragon Flags
  • 210 Total

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 11-26-2014, 08:29 AM

I've give up on my bodyweight challenge...I basically haven't done serious exercise from the beginning of November. I had some overuse injuries on my elbows and I also felt like I needed a break.

I got back into the swing of things this week Monday...I decided to redo Travis's UBB 2.0 bodyweight program again.

I've started at week 3 and will continue week 3 for 3 weeks progressing the reps and sets so by the end of week 3 I am up to speed with the program.

Unfortunately taking that time off has made my hands and callouses soft...this happened Monday from Muscle-Ups...I ripped two callouses off in the centre of my palm.
=====
=====

=====
=====
My hand is pretty painful at the moment...I'll have to wear gloves for tomorrows bar session.

Here is a pic of me flagging around at the beach...this was at Kings Beach, Sunshine Coast...this was also my last workout as it was here where I realised how sore my elbows were after my workout.
=====
=====

=====
=====
Besides taking time off, which I am glad I did as it allowed me to get things done around the house. I've built a fence, tidied the shed and general house maintenance I have been putting of forever...or so it felt. I had to get the fence built and repaire for this little criiter who has joined our family.

Meet Jessey, our Staffordshire Bull Terrier who joined us last week. Ciarán and Jessey have formed a strong bond already...its great to see the little guy enjoying the company of Jessey.
=====
=====

=====
=====
This is my 3rd Staffy I've owned but the first one with a family...I have waited 7 patient years to get another dog.
=====
=====

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 11-26-2014, 09:51 AM

HE is so Cute! I could stare at that face all day. Someone was selling American bulldog puppies here last week. They had them all out on display in a parking lot. It took all my strength not to go get one. I resisted the urge, but they were pretty tempting! Take it easy on those elbows!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17