TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-04-2014, 05:47 PM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default

Thank you, Catherine for the tips. I appreciate the advice. I am doing well today at controlling my intake and not eating garbage.

Thank you, Leslie. I am sure the schedule will fall into place soon. Yesterday I had to run one child to school(missed bus) and later in the day I had to run to the other school to take cortisone cream for my son's bug bites.
I do find if I have been at a plateau for a while it is usually the excess alcohol calories that is the culprit...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-2014, 06:15 PM
PeterJankowski's Avatar
PeterJankowski PeterJankowski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Thank you, Catherine for the tips. I appreciate the advice. I am doing well today at controlling my intake and not eating garbage.

Thank you, Leslie. I am sure the schedule will fall into place soon. Yesterday I had to run one child to school(missed bus) and later in the day I had to run to the other school to take cortisone cream for my son's bug bites.
I do find if I have been at a plateau for a while it is usually the excess alcohol calories that is the culprit...
Alcohol is always the major culprit in my case. I've cut it this time around because it now only add empty calories (which is really a waste on a calorie restricted diet) but it also leads to me eating a great deal more crap (which is also counterproductive).

I looked through my contest 17 log (in which I came 3rd) and I actually drank pretty much right up until the last 4 weeks only choosing to abstain then. I got pretty good results but imagine if I had stayed strong for half of the 12 weeks or ALL OF THE 12 WEEKS. Man I would have won for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-05-2014, 03:28 AM
mocombes mocombes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 518
Default

I remember back in TC 17, too, and my strategy was one glass of wine and one slice of pizza on cheat night. It was our routine: Friday night movie with homemade pizza. And I really enjoyed it! I filled the rest of my belly with veggies and was happy. Then I probably had one of my stevia-sweetened hot chocolate drinks for dessert (I still drink a lot of those now, only cold).
__________________
- Maureen
"Accomplishing a goal is not as important as the person you become accomplishing it." Neil Armstrong
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-05-2014, 06:34 PM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Alcohol is always the major culprit in my case. I've cut it this time around because it now only add empty calories (which is really a waste on a calorie restricted diet) but it also leads to me eating a great deal more crap (which is also counterproductive).

I looked through my contest 17 log (in which I came 3rd) and I actually drank pretty much right up until the last 4 weeks only choosing to abstain then. I got pretty good results but imagine if I had stayed strong for half of the 12 weeks or ALL OF THE 12 WEEKS. Man I would have won for sure!
Peter, I bet you would have had the top spot if you gave it up sooner for 17. It is so very true about the leading to eating other crap as well. I have had some late night food binges when my judgment was clouded.

Maureen, The one cheat day a week works great for me as well. After my hysterectomy I started drinking more days a week again. And of course, that is when I went backwards again. There is a connection!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-05-2014, 07:04 PM
PeterJankowski's Avatar
PeterJankowski PeterJankowski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Peter, I bet you would have had the top spot if you gave it up sooner for 17. It is so very true about the leading to eating other crap as well. I have had some late night food binges when my judgment was clouded.
I have no doubt Shawn. When I look back through that thread I wonder how I lost any weight at all! Ha! I trained really hard but the diet was just a joke for the 1st 8 weeks.

At one point CB dropped a truth bomb about my lack on commitment and it was the wake up call I needed.

I had wine last night (after 4 days off) and I feel like crap this morning. So you know I think I'm going to pretty much ditch it for the rest of the contest. Not only will is slow my roll it also makes me less productive in general and at this point in my life that is not something I want.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-05-2014, 09:29 PM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
I have no doubt Shawn. When I look back through that thread I wonder how I lost any weight at all! Ha! I trained really hard but the diet was just a joke for the 1st 8 weeks.

At one point CB dropped a truth bomb about my lack on commitment and it was the wake up call I needed.

I had wine last night (after 4 days off) and I feel like crap this morning. So you know I think I'm going to pretty much ditch it for the rest of the contest. Not only will is slow my roll it also makes me less productive in general and at this point in my life that is not something I want.
Good Call, Peter. I know I am much more productive if I don't drink the night before.
I am with you on not needing to be slowed down at this point! We must get people transformed including ourselves
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-05-2014, 09:34 PM
PeterJankowski's Avatar
PeterJankowski PeterJankowski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Good Call, Peter. I know I am much more productive if I don't drink the night before.
I am with you on not needing to be slowed down at this point! We must get people transformed including ourselves
Yes ma'am!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-05-2014, 09:52 PM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default Xteme Fat Loss 3.0 workout c

Loved it!
I killed it this morning!I was drenched in sweat even in the air conditioning
I don't have barbells so I had to use DB for the military press.
I used 15 lb DB's for it. By the 4th set I could barely get the 12 reps. That's good for me at one point I thought 10 lb DB's would be all I could ever handle on my shoulders. That may not seem like a lot to some of you guys but that's a huge gain for me.

I also had to modify the plank to triceps extension. I wimped out and did the plank to pushup...
LOL...Not that it is really a wimpy exercise But easier to do one side at a time with my female upper body strength. My triceps are smoked from the TRX triceps extensions earlier in the week. I am loving it though!

I ended up getting a knock off TRX not even a Jungle Gym XT but even cheaper but it does the trick. My triceps thank me for it...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-06-2014, 03:40 PM
mocombes mocombes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 518
Default

Hey, I'm impressed with 4 x 12 with 15#, Shawn! I have those girl arms, too.
__________________
- Maureen
"Accomplishing a goal is not as important as the person you become accomplishing it." Neil Armstrong
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-07-2014, 05:39 PM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Hey, I'm impressed with 4 x 12 with 15#, Shawn! I have those girl arms, too.
Thank you. I am pretty impressed as well that I made all 4 sets with the 15 lb DB's.
I know I am actually quite strong for a girl I love it!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.