TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2014, 07:11 AM

I would say.........baby steps. Don't try to fix everything at once. Pick out one area, first i.e. eating at the office. Ok.......give up the candy and eat a Fuji apple or something else sweet, with natural fructose and also has the fiber and vitamins. Sugar will cause the ol insulin spike, then the crash...think of your candy as a roller coaster out of control and unable to stop.

Try to conquer one thing at a time.....
Old 09-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Administrator

1) Plan to eat protein, nuts, fiber, vegetables, fruit.
2) Have 2 solutions for every obstacle.
3) Brush your teeth after meals.
4) Create your own nutrition rules.
5) Man-up and communicate to people about your plan. Be clear, be concise, be courteous, but be courageous.

Be strong.

Do what is right for you.

Craig
Old 09-29-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
1) Plan to eat protein, nuts, fiber, vegetables, fruit.
2) Have 2 solutions for every obstacle.
3) Brush your teeth after meals.
4) Create your own nutrition rules.
5) Man-up and communicate to people about your plan. Be clear, be concise, be courteous, but be courageous.

Be strong.

Do what is right for you.

Craig
This weeks focus is 7 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. I need to man up and be stronger for everyone in my life. My kids, my wife, me. That kind of hit me hard with the last 2 post from Craig on both sections here and in todays ETR essay.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Happy to help, Blake. It is the best thing you can do for everything and everyone in your life.

This life is not a dress rehearsal!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Happy to help, Blake. It is the best thing you can do for everything and everyone in your life.

This life is not a dress rehearsal!
question regarding TT meatheads twist and my goals. Is it worth it take creatine. knowing my goal is to lean out gain muscle, eat better. And per your suggestion next workout after twist would be BDHC. I have 7 weeks left i the contest.

thanks
Old 10-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Yes, it would be. Just get the plain creatine powder, any cheap brand with creapure brand creatine will work
Old 10-05-2014, 06:15 AM

eating well is still a challenge. I don't prepare enough, feel like I don't have time to prepare and then when I do I would rather eat junk.
Second I am tempted everywhere and people often bring candy and offer to get takeout daily. I know it's my life and who cares if I say no to them or order a salad etc. It's my life and I can live it the way I want. I just have to build up the will power and little successes to do it and I found I have to become aware. So many of my binge eating habits are unconscious. Have to become more aware and stop myself. I've done this before and I can do it again. 90/10 rule. 90% good foods and 10% cheat etc
Old 10-06-2014, 06:37 AM

the other day, my daughter said while we were in the grocery store, daddy if you want me to healthy you have to eat healthy. Yes I have said that to her in the past, but hearing her say it out last was like whoa.

Not that I eat bad, I just eat in my opinion too much junk food and too many foods that come from a box. and too much sweets.

Here's to small little changes
Old 10-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Administrator

What are some of the specific challenges you face? It's tough to give the best advice without knowing that.

And yes, your daughter is right!

She's watching you.

Stay strong.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:
What are some of the specific challenges you face? It's tough to give the best advice without knowing that.

And yes, your daughter is right!

She's watching you.

Stay strong.
specific challenges, hmm, I binge eat on sweets. Always have ever since I was young. Simplest way for me to handle it was not keep junk food in house. For instance, if I buy a box of granola bars I HAVE to the eat the whole box - usually within a few hours. I will buy some junk food of some sort then have a couple and have to throw the remainder out because I know I will eat them all.

I emotional and stress eat. 2 kids and a job and well you guys know. Thank goodness I love working out.

Family and my assistant knows I love sweets and will often bring them to me to reward me for work well done or to cheer me up.

Bad habits that have crept up over the years from coaching hockey and others - a 3-4 times a week trip to the convenience store to buy some chips and my ultimate weakness is sugar candies i.e. sour gummy stuff

Brushing my teeth after works.

I used to have more discipline, but like many things that creep away. Lately, I am getting better at avoiding the big culprits - stopping at the convenience store on way home from work.

The way I see is just have to stop doing these things and probably don't be so hard on myself. But avoid foods from a box, mostly plants. I know what I have to do, I just don't do it. Emotional stresses make me want to eat and willpower to not stop at the store, and replace the emotional trigger with a better one.

on the other wide meatheads twist is lovely. Workout C was under an hour. About 50 minutes. but the arms were dead after.