TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2014, 11:08 AM

@Peter: Ummm, I had no problem with them which probably means I was doing them wrong.
ie Ladders? What Ladders?

That probably explains why I only have some slight soreness in my quads this morning.

Slow and steady wins the race, so I'll just review and prepare better before tomorrow's session.

This is not meant to be an excuse, but I don't wear my glasses in the gym. I need to throw them in my bag so I can actually read the workout.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
@Peter: Ummm, I had no problem with them which probably means I was doing them wrong.
ie Ladders? What Ladders?

That probably explains why I only have some slight soreness in my quads this morning.

Slow and steady wins the race, so I'll just review and prepare better before tomorrow's session.

This is not meant to be an excuse, but I don't wear my glasses in the gym. I need to throw them in my bag so I can actually read the workout.
Yes superset 1 with the pushup and pullups.

Rep 1 is 1 sec up 1 sec down
Rep 2 is 2 sec up 2 sec down etc

I think I managed to get up to about a 8 sec up 8 sec down. You work your way as far up the ladder as you can go and then you've got to go back down. Very tough.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:36 PM

Default Did Workout B By Mistake Before

That's why there weren't any ladders!

I did workout A today, and yes, I'm weak as a kitten on some of this stuff.

I was very strong on the full-on T push ups in the warm up, but then I could only get 4 reps laddering up and down Grindhouse style in the training portion.

Actually, I'm glad I read Pete's post before, because I knew what I was doing.

The rest of the training session went very well, as my goblet squats, KB Swings, DB rows, ext. are in pretty good shape.

All in all excellent because my gaol is to address my weaknesses during this contest.

Nutrition is going very well: following my new KetoFreedom Program. Van and I are going to a friend's house for dinner Fri night: Vegan fare and Rombauer: Hopes high for a soft landing! I'm bringing the vegan and sugar freedom versions of my chocolate mousse for dessert.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:44 PM

Smile

Quote:
That's why there weren't any ladders!

I did workout A today, and yes, I'm weak as a kitten on some of this stuff.

I was very strong on the full-on T push ups in the warm up, but then I could only get 4 reps laddering up and down Grindhouse style in the training portion.

Actually, I'm glad I read Pete's post before, because I knew what I was doing.

The rest of the training session went very well, as my goblet squats, KB Swings, DB rows, ext. are in pretty good shape.

All in all excellent because my gaol is to address my weaknesses during this contest.

Nutrition is going very well: following my new KetoFreedom Program. Van and I are going to a friend's house for dinner Fri night: Vegan fare and Rombauer: Hopes high for a soft landing! I'm bringing the vegan and sugar freedom versions of my chocolate mousse for dessert.
Something I think about quite a bit(since 2007 when I went g-free) is how to be gracious when dining at other's homes. I don't have celiac's disease. I know I won't feel good the day after I eat gluten, but I won't die! How have you handled this? I really don't want to be that guest that turns her nose up at food that someone took the time to make. Know what I mean? (I do think there is one person in particular that does it just to get on my nerves!)
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Something I think about quite a bit(since 2007 when I went g-free) is how to be gracious when dining at other's homes. I don't have celiac's disease. I know I won't feel good the day after I eat gluten, but I won't die! How have you handled this? I really don't want to be that guest that turns her nose up at food that someone took the time to make. Know what I mean? (I do think there is one person in particular that does it just to get on my nerves!)
Hi Leslie, I ask what will probably be served, and then I bring extra of whatever I need. I have found that I have no problem eating in the homes of my Vegan/Vegetarian friends because they always have plenty of actual vegetables on offer.

My friends who eat S.A.D. style are another matter. I usually have to bring a big salad and my own dressing.

Finally, on the sugar and the gluten: it simply isn't worth it for me. I am an addict, and on top of that I get joint pain after eating conventional sweets and treats. Going back on stage acting, and very soon singing professionally again, puts most cheat foods off limits, as anything that causes inflammation will affect the vocal cords: not worth it!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:11 PM

Thanks for being a superstar Catherine!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:57 PM

Brent, I'm blushing!

Well, I've got it: Gym Lust: That weird aggressive feeling when you've got to get into the gym and move iron.

I thought it was never coming back, but yesterday I wanted to train so bad, but I couldn't because it was a recovery day.

Today hooray: TT Grindhouse C.

Everything went well except for the Pushup Challenge: Weak! 10 reps 90 seconds in plank position.

Oh well, I had to start somewhere.

Trying desperately not to be judgmental of what I see in the weight room.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Hi Leslie, I ask what will probably be served, and then I bring extra of whatever I need. I have found that I have no problem eating in the homes of my Vegan/Vegetarian friends because they always have plenty of actual vegetables on offer.

My friends who eat S.A.D. style are another matter. I usually have to bring a big salad and my own dressing.

Finally, on the sugar and the gluten: it simply isn't worth it for me. I am an addict, and on top of that I get joint pain after eating conventional sweets and treats. Going back on stage acting, and very soon singing professionally again, puts most cheat foods off limits, as anything that causes inflammation will affect the vocal cords: not worth it!
I'm glad you can eat with your friends. I am typically hungry after eating with my vegan friends, but perhaps because most of them are very thin and don't eat much (or drink at all, so there's no beverage with calories).
Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
I'm glad you can eat with your friends. I am typically hungry after eating with my vegan friends, but perhaps because most of them are very thin and don't eat much (or drink at all, so there's no beverage with calories).
So true! I give them hemp protein powder, and beg them to eat avocados and coconut butter. Our friend Jon has gone vegan to address his stomach issues, and my biggest concern is that he can keep his energy up.

He is an amazing director/writer/producer with real integrity even after 11 years in LA. Rare, and yes he's very thin. "Sigh"
Old 09-04-2014, 04:12 AM

Quote:
So true! I give them hemp protein powder, and beg them to eat avocados and coconut butter. Our friend Jon has gone vegan to address his stomach issues, and my biggest concern is that he can keep his energy up.

He is an amazing director/writer/producer with real integrity even after 11 years in LA. Rare, and yes he's very thin. "Sigh"
Oh, LA... Good for him for keeping his integrity. I have a friend from here who is in LA with her 14 year old daughter with the express purpose of breaking into the acting/singing scene. She's a beautiful and talented girl, and already has an agent and a gig (I forget what it is at the moment). I noticed when she came back to HI after her first LA visit a couple years ago, she was very much changed to being more overtly disdainful of the "boring" life we live here and much more superficial in her attitude. I trust it's a phase, but it could be a very long one...