TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 11:46 AM

Default New Goals

Hi everyone. I decided to do this contest again, not really for the dough, but to get back on track with a workout program. I was a part of the first contest and lost 20lbs, so I know this works and I am excited to get going with it again. I am Going to declare tomorrow as my start date and will get pics and goals up then. I have actually been able to keep MOST of the weight off in the last 4 years however I have lost most of my muscle tone. So this time around I am aiming at adding muscle and tweaking my body towards being fit for activities I like to do such as hiking, mountain biking, swimming etc. I do want to focus on adding power and strength to my legs and focus on my core. I really believe if you work your core and your legs to the max that everything else will fall into place. Not exactly sure what programs I am going to use, however I do think I am going to start off with the body weight for beginners, not that I am a beginner but I need a few weeks of getting regimented and to get the rust off the joints, get stretched out and start digging in and seeing what kind of muscle memory is there. I do want incorporate some kettle bell work this time which I didn't do last time, and I think I want to do a full 4 weeks of ab work outs. So that's it for now, good luck to everyone. If you are new to this it's a great system with lot's of support!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Welcome back Dan, hard to believe it's been 4 years.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:50 AM

Thanks Craig, 4 years has gone by fast. So Today was a holiday but I had to work tonight. I had a breakfast sandwich from the coffee shop this morning and after I joined up and made my first post, I thought the hell with it. If I'm gonna start a workout program tomorrow, I'm gonna eat like a beast today and enjoy it. So I had (and I'm not kidding, this is really what I ate today) 3 hot dogs, a hamburger, 2 deep fried cheese balls that were bigger than a golf ball, 1 deep fried chicken breast and 3 deep fried chicken wings, and an ice cream cone for good measure. That was just at the BBQ BEFORE I went to work. Then I had 3 massive soft tacos shoved full with steak, guacamole, cheese, rice and black beans at work (all scoffed down in about 10 min) and when I got home I had a gigantic bowl of cookie dough ice cream with hot fudge and carmel sauce. Lucky for me, I like to eat and I love to cook. Usually I eat about 60-70% healthy and eat crap the other portion of the time. However with summer just about here I am going to have to cut out the ice cream sundays which is going to stink, and be hard. So not bad to have a major cheat day before I even do 1 work out. I put my mind to it today and I was victorious in what I set out to do. Just going to carry that mentality into the program. I did decide today that I am going to start out with the introductory workout to get back in the swing. I started thinking about the other 2 programs I wanted to do but I shut that down after I started looking at the workouts. That was a MAJOR problem I had last time, thinking too far ahead and what I was GOING to do instead of staying focused on what i needed to do on a specific day. So I am just thinking about the first 4 weeks and we'll cross the bridge when I get there.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:22 AM

Wow, so you lost 20 pounds, and kept that off! That is great news and good example for me. It is my target for this contest too. Encouraging! I wish you to achieve your goal again.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdano View Post
Thanks Craig, 4 years has gone by fast. So Today was a holiday but I had to work tonight. I had a breakfast sandwich from the coffee shop this morning and after I joined up and made my first post, I thought the hell with it. If I'm gonna start a workout program tomorrow, I'm gonna eat like a beast today and enjoy it. So I had (and I'm not kidding, this is really what I ate today) 3 hot dogs, a hamburger, 2 deep fried cheese balls that were bigger than a golf ball, 1 deep fried chicken breast and 3 deep fried chicken wings, and an ice cream cone for good measure. That was just at the BBQ BEFORE I went to work. Then I had 3 massive soft tacos shoved full with steak, guacamole, cheese, rice and black beans at work (all scoffed down in about 10 min) and when I got home I had a gigantic bowl of cookie dough ice cream with hot fudge and carmel sauce. Lucky for me, I like to eat and I love to cook. Usually I eat about 60-70% healthy and eat crap the other portion of the time. However with summer just about here I am going to have to cut out the ice cream sundays which is going to stink, and be hard. So not bad to have a major cheat day before I even do 1 work out. I put my mind to it today and I was victorious in what I set out to do. Just going to carry that mentality into the program. I did decide today that I am going to start out with the introductory workout to get back in the swing. I started thinking about the other 2 programs I wanted to do but I shut that down after I started looking at the workouts. That was a MAJOR problem I had last time, thinking too far ahead and what I was GOING to do instead of staying focused on what i needed to do on a specific day. So I am just thinking about the first 4 weeks and we'll cross the bridge when I get there.
Wow eating that amount is a workout in itself and on a low carb day like today sounds amazing haha.

Good luck with your challenge
Old 05-29-2012, 01:34 PM

Welcome back, drummerdano.........
Old 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM

HA!! Rob you are still here! I was wondering about you earlier. Hope all is well man!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdano View Post
HA!! Rob you are still here! I was wondering about you earlier. Hope all is well man!
Ya, I just keep float'in back to the surface!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 PM

Default Day 1

Did my first workout this morning, wasn't too bad, but I was sweating and I hit all the reps, added just a few here and there. I did workout A from the introductory level workout. I did it on my deck outside while I was grilling my chicken for dinner tonight, got some fresh air and vitamin D all at the same time. I did a little something different and off the beaten path for the intervals though, and don't laugh now. I had a pile of cordwood that was just sitting there, not a big pile, but I had to get it off the lawn and stack it with the rest. So I figured I'd combine that chore and the intervals and continue the workout and get something done at the same time. I ran from the pile to the stack with 2 or 3 logs and just kept doing this back and forth for 3 minutes at a time, then would just pace around the yard for 1 min rest (with my buddy the stopwatch). I know it sounds silly but I went 5 rounds of doing this, finished stacking the wood and got in 20 min of interval cardio, so it's a victory to me.

I didn't realize that this introductory workout was only twice a week for 2 weeks. I am going to do it 3 times a week for the 2 weeks and then move on to something else, by then I should be back in a pretty good swing. Tomorrow I'll probably go for a walk or a bike ride with my gal, I really am easing into this over the first week or 2 to prevent injury and start building my base slowly.

I did eat pretty good today, 1/2 omelet for breq, the other 1/2 after the workout, 1/2 a peach and a yougurt and I'm having a spinach salad with 1 1/2 chicken breast tomatoes and grilled peaches right now. I did have a slice of pizza and a carmel coffee earlier which I went online and figured was 630 cals and 17 grams of fat. Gross, do better tomorrow. That's it for now.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 AM

That type of cardio is not silly, it is functional, thus more natural!
I also do this type of cardio in the garden sometimes. The garden is long and sloping down, so to run down to the bottom and back to the gate running up is pretty hard. So doing that 3-5x is a great cardio workout. Sometimes for cardio I run around the fireplace in the garden (silly), or chase the pets (they like it).