TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2014, 05:52 PM

Yesterday was Day 84 and the end of #21 for me.

I am not posting the pictures.
Weight and measurements are the same. On the plus side no negative progress.
On the minus side I need to focus more on my eating and my own personal workouts.
I will say my strength and stamina are better.

I will of course keep pushing.
The adventure is not over and as I have said before even when I get to my goal it will still always be an adventure in which I can never coast because it is far too easy to sink back into bad habits.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:12 PM

Hi Shawn,

No matter what the results are, we learn so much as we go through these challenges. Sometimes I have to learn the same lessons over and over, but eventually change sinks in and it becomes automatic.

One thing that has never changed, ever, over the past 6 years has been my commitment to training TT style. Even when I lost my mind and did that dance cardio thing, I was still getting in my TT.

I believe that we have to find our personal eating style in order to reach goal and stay there. For me, that means nutritional ketosis. It's probably only appropriate for a fraction of the people who want lose weight. I used to wish that I could eat like other people, but that ship has sailed.

Don't give up on finding your way. It may be nothing like what the experts are telling you to do. You are the authority.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hi Shawn,

No matter what the results are, we learn so much as we go through these challenges. Sometimes I have to learn the same lessons over and over, but eventually change sinks in and it becomes automatic.

One thing that has never changed, ever, over the past 6 years has been my commitment to training TT style. Even when I lost my mind and did that dance cardio thing, I was still getting in my TT.

I believe that we have to find our personal eating style in order to reach goal and stay there. For me, that means nutritional ketosis. It's probably only appropriate for a fraction of the people who want lose weight. I used to wish that I could eat like other people, but that ship has sailed.

Don't give up on finding your way. It may be nothing like what the experts are telling you to do. You are the authority.
Thanks Catherine.
I will figure it out.
I can't remember exactly when I found TT and how but I am sure glad I did!
I do love the TT training.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Thanks Catherine.
I will figure it out.
I can't remember exactly when I found TT and how but I am sure glad I did!
I do love the TT training.
Shawn and Catherine, I'm with you. I love the TT training and am still so frustrated I can't do it right now (PT's orders to lay off). I thought I'd be cleared by now, but I guess it's just going to take a little bit longer than expected. All a learning experience.

I'm just looking at this as more training ground to develop compassion for those who are frustrated by external circumstances, and for developing ways to get around constraints. Blasted "learning opportunities" - I've had more of them in my life than I care for!

The lesson is to never give up. Find another way, but don't give up.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
Shawn and Catherine, I'm with you. I love the TT training and am still so frustrated I can't do it right now (PT's orders to lay off). I thought I'd be cleared by now, but I guess it's just going to take a little bit longer than expected. All a learning experience.

I'm just looking at this as more training ground to develop compassion for those who are frustrated by external circumstances, and for developing ways to get around constraints. Blasted "learning opportunities" - I've had more of them in my life than I care for!

The lesson is to never give up. Find another way, but don't give up.
Thanks, Maureen
I am sorry you can't do TT right now. I know you must be frustrated but hang in there.
How's it going with your PT?
Old 11-28-2014, 05:44 PM

Well, I think my PT is about to set me loose in frustration. She hasn't been able to figure this out, and thinks it's perhaps not musculoskeletal in origin but more nervous system.

So, my suspicion is I'll be swimming, walking and meditating more to calm my nervous system, and doing TT when it doesn't hurt anything, but not gonzo like I'd prefer.

Yay, pull-ups here I come! I have definitely lost strength but am okay since I've been swimming, and my weight is steady, too.

Thanks for asking. I think I can come back to the forums now without feeling so frustrated about it all.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
Well, I think my PT is about to set me loose in frustration. She hasn't been able to figure this out, and thinks it's perhaps not musculoskeletal in origin but more nervous system.

So, my suspicion is I'll be swimming, walking and meditating more to calm my nervous system, and doing TT when it doesn't hurt anything, but not gonzo like I'd prefer.

Yay, pull-ups here I come! I have definitely lost strength but am okay since I've been swimming, and my weight is steady, too.

Thanks for asking. I think I can come back to the forums now without feeling so frustrated about it all.
I will keep you in my prayers.
I know it's frustrating but hang in there!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
I will keep you in my prayers.
I know it's frustrating but hang in there!
Pardon the dark humor, but when Maureen mentions pull ups, and Shawn says "Hang in there" I have to laugh a little!

My pull ups tend to be more "hanging" than anything else.

Ultimately, we can all empathize with our students' struggles, and that has a lot of value.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:42 AM

Yes, and my dear son admonishes me, "NO JUMPING UP!"
Old 12-02-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Pardon the dark humor, but when Maureen mentions pull ups, and Shawn says "Hang in there" I have to laugh a little!

My pull ups tend to be more "hanging" than anything else.

Ultimately, we can all empathize with our students' struggles, and that has a lot of value.
Funny
I didn't catch that when I wrote it.
I want to work on pull ups but I need to get more of my bodyweight down. I need to get my hubby to tighten the bolts on my pull up station. I need to "hang in there" too!