TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 PM

I bookended "feasts" with fasts. e.g. I fasted for 20 hours prior to Super Bowl Sunday, then fasted from midnight until 8 PM, took in about 500 calories, and fasted again until 4 PM the next day to get myself back on track (I believe that patterns are a key ingredient to success- whether it's eating at the same time daily, or eating the same cycle of meals). Bookending works because you have a goal in sight, you get the reward, and then you are motivated to get back on track after the feast. Thus, even if I took in 5000 calories in the eight hours on SB Sunday, I had basically cut out those calories in the timeframe around the feasting.

Transformation Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=10536

"Only that in which is me can understand what I am saying." Baba Ram Dass

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." -John Heider

"Everyone is a Being. Not everyone is a Becoming."
Old 04-27-2011, 04:10 AM

This is what worked for me, a wannabe transfomation contest winner that became a transformation contest winner.

First I had to handle my food issues, which had been my achilles heel for the last few years. No matter how much I trained I wasn't going to make any improvements in my physique until I could stick with a sound eating plan. That was the hardest part for me.

After much trial and error I found what works best for me is 3 meals a day and no processed sugar or flour (corn, rice, wheat, any grain that is ground into flour). I do eat fruit and that is my sweet treat. Once I got off the sugar and flour, I was reborn, I no longer crave that stuff and my tastes have changed. I don't think and obsess about food. I love what I eat and for the first time in years I feel clear. Jack Lalanne was right about sugar.

So to recap: Diet is so key in making changes. I know it is not ground breaking news, but it needs to be said about a few billion times. I needed a lot of work in this area. so that was a huge hurdle for me.

The next one was not starting out crazy on the training. I really thought this one out because I am the person that thinks if one is good, 2 is better. So I would begin transformations with the hardest program I could find, use it more than the recommended times per week, and then peter out. This time I took the opposite approach. I wanted to see how little I could do to get results. You can always add more later. Lo and behold it worked quite well.

I am already get excited about the next TT contest. I have lots of room to grow and I did not kill myself with overtraining of the first one. I have my challenges, but I believe that with the tools available and make even more progress.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaussie View Post
This sounds absolutely ridiculous but I swear it works- sleep in your workout clothes!! You only have to do this at the beginning and soon you will wake up ready. There is nothing that makes you feel more guilty for missing a workout than changing OUT of your workout clothes when you haven't been to the gym!
Totally Awesome!! I am trying this.. I think it will only take once to force myself out of bed after changing out of them
Old 09-21-2011, 03:03 AM

I think one of the Biggest things that will help anyone is to ask for help. There are a lot of people who have already gone through what you are going through now, and most times these people are more than willing to help. You may not know this but you are surrounded by an amazing group of people on this forum that have some much to share, so reach out and you'll be amazed!!

Scott Rawcliffe
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 09-21-2011, 04:01 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReveraHealth View Post
I think one of the Biggest things that will help anyone is to ask for help. There are a lot of people who have already gone through what you are going through now, and most times these people are more than willing to help. You may not know this but you are surrounded by an amazing group of people on this forum that have some much to share, so reach out and you'll be amazed!!

Scott Rawcliffe
Certified Turbulence Trainer
This is so true, this forum rocks with some amazing people on it who so willing to give your their support, advice and encouragement. They are so knowledgable and will give you so much support especially when the going gets tough, which is when you need it most