TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 20th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Research suggests talking to strangers can result in happiness.

University of Chicago Booth School of Business Professor Nicholas Epley says, "Commuters on a train into downtown Chicago reported a significantly more positive commute when they connected with a stranger than when they sat in solitude.”

"I can attest. Feels great to say hello or good morning to a stranger. Try it. They won't bite. At least they haven't bitten me yet." - Craig Ballantyne
This has always been true for me. Most people are just waiting for someone else to notice them, and when you do it lights them up. I always enjoy myself much more when I make some sort of personal contact with people when I'm out and about. It's those days when I don't feel like doing it that it makes the most difference.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Be ProActive. That is a behind-the-scenes secret of a British Gentleman. He plans and prepares, and always has 2 charming solutions to every obstacle.

ProActive means that when there is a problem, you are working to solve the problem in every which way you can...and also keeping the lines of communication open.

That's what we need to do every day going forward. Be ProActive. Put that on a sticky on your computer during your workday.

Whatever is in your way, you’re stronger than it, you’re tougher than it, and you’re better than it. You’re going to beat it.

PS - Wouldn't everyone, including you...

be better off if you put a little extra effort into taking care of your health, into giving generously, having patience, and showing compassion? Find one way to improve all of these areas today. Give a little extra random kindness to the world...it needs it now more than ever.

A British Gentleman aims to be better EVERY day.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Comfort Zone <= Leave it & You Will Achieve It => Your Goals

Leave your comfort zone in one BIG area of your life. Push on. Become the person you need to become to achieve what you want to achieve.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Your attitude, environment, & belief in yourself are three key elements of your success. If you have these RIGHT, you WILL succeed in time.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Administrator

“People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway. If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives. Do good anyway. If you are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. People who really want help may attack you if you help them. Help them anyway. Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.”

Mother Teresa
Old 08-02-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
“People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway. If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives. Do good anyway. If you are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. People who really want help may attack you if you help them. Help them anyway. Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.”

Mother Teresa
This is great.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 08-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Administrator

I realized that the British Gentleman habits require RULES.

I'm going to write these.

Rules are stronger than rituals.

Rules are what truly allow you to change.

This was a great 12-week learning experience.

Much progress has been made.

I'll be back in the next contest with another random life transformation.

The BG one will continue, of course.

Stay strong, polite, and courteous!

Sincerely,

Craigory