TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM

Default Some people just need 15 tries to transform

I have participated in every TT contest so far and as I still haven't won anything or achieved my goals, I saw no reason to break the trend now.

While I got of to a great start in TT14, I got badly derailed about half-way through with a knee injury and then Ramadhan (Islamic month of fasting). I severely underestimated my abilities to keep working out whilst not being able to eat or drink for almost 16 hours a day and it being the peak of our summer (40+ Deg C, 85+% humidity), I found it really tough. As I hadn't really complied with the rules of the contest (i.e. using TT workouts for 12 weeks), I decided to withdraw and hold it over for TT15. So here I am.

I didn't really do much "damage" since when I left things in TT14 - no major bingeing or over-eating - so I am pretty much the same size, shape and weight. At least I'll be starting from where I left off.

I've returned to working out in the form of swimming and walking and am ready to start incorporating the TT workouts again, just in time to start TT15. I'll be relying on paleo-style eating which has served me well up until now and during the past few weeks, I have tightened this up even more. I'm conducting an experiment to completely eliminate gluten for a few months and the 12 week duration of this contest is a perfect time to see the results (specifically, I'm looking to see the effect on my skin condition - psoriasis - and psoriatic arthritis which seems to have flared up again in my left hand to the extent that it's become bothersome again). So stay tuned for updates on that.

A few other things I'm trying:

- eating within half an hour of waking up
- allowing 4-5 hours to elapse between meals
- no eating after 6:30/7pm
- eating plenty of protein at breakfast

Sugar and processed foods in general are out completely and I'm having very little starchy carbs and fruit for now. The theory is that this will help "reset" leptin and insulin sensitivity and help burn the excess fat, especially around my mid-section which has remained my main nemesis since the very first contest. Craig mantra has always been "You can't out train a bad diet" and while I've always known this, I've had difficulty putting it into practice in a way that works for me. I think I may have it right this time and I hope to be able to prove this with my "after" pics, 12 weeks from now.

I'm also taking a Vitamin D supplement, again to help with my autoimmune issues (psoriasis and arthritis are both autoimmune diseases). This is my second week and it already seems to be helping. Again, stay tuned for updates.

I'm just about to sit down and decide on my workouts for this contest. Stick with something I know...try something new...bodyweight exercises and intervals...MRT? So many options and I know that they will ALL work for me in some way but I which one will give the best results and fit in with my busy lifestyle and business travel.

I am determined to make this contest the *ONE*. Good luck to everyone participating. I'm looking forward to meeting members I've already "met" in th forums and getting to know the new members who I don't already know.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
I have participated in every TT contest so far and as I still haven't won anything or achieved my goals, I saw no reason to break the trend now.

While I got of to a great start in TT14, I got badly derailed about half-way through with a knee injury and then Ramadhan (Islamic month of fasting). I severely underestimated my abilities to keep working out whilst not being able to eat or drink for almost 16 hours a day and it being the peak of our summer (40+ Deg C, 85+% humidity), I found it really tough. As I hadn't really complied with the rules of the contest (i.e. using TT workouts for 12 weeks), I decided to withdraw and hold it over for TT15. So here I am.

I didn't really do much "damage" since when I left things in TT14 - no major bingeing or over-eating - so I am pretty much the same size, shape and weight. At least I'll be starting from where I left off.

I've returned to working out in the form of swimming and walking and am ready to start incorporating the TT workouts again, just in time to start TT15. I'll be relying on paleo-style eating which has served me well up until now and during the past few weeks, I have tightened this up even more. I'm conducting an experiment to completely eliminate gluten for a few months and the 12 week duration of this contest is a perfect time to see the results (specifically, I'm looking to see the effect on my skin condition - psoriasis - and psoriatic arthritis which seems to have flared up again in my left hand to the extent that it's become bothersome again). So stay tuned for updates on that.

A few other things I'm trying:

- eating within half an hour of waking up
- allowing 4-5 hours to elapse between meals
- no eating after 6:30/7pm
- eating plenty of protein at breakfast

Sugar and processed foods in general are out completely and I'm having very little starchy carbs and fruit for now. The theory is that this will help "reset" leptin and insulin sensitivity and help burn the excess fat, especially around my mid-section which has remained my main nemesis since the very first contest. Craig mantra has always been "You can't out train a bad diet" and while I've always known this, I've had difficulty putting it into practice in a way that works for me. I think I may have it right this time and I hope to be able to prove this with my "after" pics, 12 weeks from now.

I'm also taking a Vitamin D supplement, again to help with my autoimmune issues (psoriasis and arthritis are both autoimmune diseases). This is my second week and it already seems to be helping. Again, stay tuned for updates.

I'm just about to sit down and decide on my workouts for this contest. Stick with something I know...try something new...bodyweight exercises and intervals...MRT? So many options and I know that they will ALL work for me in some way but I which one will give the best results and fit in with my busy lifestyle and business travel.

I am determined to make this contest the *ONE*. Good luck to everyone participating. I'm looking forward to meeting members I've already "met" in th forums and getting to know the new members who I don't already know.
Good to see you back again, waleed. Everyone is different and depending on your goals, a lot of it boils down to experimentation, it seems.......I keep experimenting as well. I fasted from dinner (supper) last night, until a little after noon today. It didnt affect my workout, i dont think........I keep playing with it.......
Old 09-05-2012, 06:52 PM

welcome back you will do it this time.

David
TC14 Winner - Males Under 40
Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Best of luck! I'm also sitting here trying to decide which workout to go for - so many amazing workouts to choose from is both a good and a bad thing! Also, another Vitamin D fan here, it's the only supplement I can safely say ever made a massive difference in my life.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 AM

Hey bud spoke to you a fair bit in the last challenge Im trying again too. Lets get this completed this time I know we can do it.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Waleed-How much Vitamin D do you take? The only thing that helps me is sunshine. Clears in the summer, back in the winter. Good luck this contest. You can do it. We never give up. Concetta
Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 PM

Welcome back Waleed. 15's the magic number for you, I just know it. Good luck this time around. Hope you make it.

I'm also a big primal and vitamin D fan. I usually take 10,000 IE per day. Right now I'm getting my D fix naturally here in FL...don't hate me for it. I'm here working, but having some fun too.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-06-2012, 05:58 PM

So glad you're in Waleed, and you personify the TT motto:

Never ever EVER give up.

I read a lot of wisdom in your opening post. My food plan has been evolving toward paleo for some time, and getting the gluten out has been so good for helping to manage my appetite. As always it's the "shop, plan, and prepare" advice that helps the most. I always do best when all my power foods are cooked, washed, chopped, and ready to go. I'm taking my dreams very seriously these days, and that means taking my food plan very seriously too.

I know you have the knowledge to win this one. Now it's a matter of applying it, and I truly wish you great success.

One other thing. I really don't push that hard when I train. Maybe the last two reps of any exercise are a real challenge. I look at my training as a time of enjoyment and self discovery, and I think that's one secret to being a true fitness enthusiast. I will never be the fastest, strongest, or have the most endurance of any group of trainers- but very often I'll be the one having the most fun.

Have fun with this one Waleed.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Administrator

great advice from Catherine.

This is the ONE.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM

Keep on working hard, Waleed! I've known you since TT1 and I've seen the changes over the years...and you look great my friend. Keep it going...we'lll be here.

Andy