TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 AM

Glad you're loving the workouts - certainly helps with motivation! If only my brain would follow suit

I hate exercise, but I sort of love running in an odd sort of way... I can't do it. My body isn't built for it and my lungs are pitiful, but there is something exhilirating about legging it, even if it is on a treadmill! I've been trying to run for ooo, about 4 years now, and I can honestly say I've only started to notice improvements since joining TT

Anyhoo, good luck with your exam writing. Brings back bad memories for me...
Old 11-17-2010, 11:25 PM

Hey Weetie - I know I've seen you say elsewhere that you don't like working out so much. Perhaps after you finish your current (TT2K4?) you'll want to try a straight bodyweight workout? I know you'll probably disagree, but to me it is more fun to see what kind of a challenge I can get out of a workout that uses only my own bodyweight. It takes away the need to focus on hand strength (and worries about whether I'm going to drop the weights on my toes!) and I don't have to wonder whether I'm challenging myself enough with the weights - I am what I am! Plus, the bodyweight exercises are what really hooked me on TT. What was the hook for you?

Being on the giving end of the exam is a bit better than being on the receiving end (although I think I spend more time than the students do on each exam between writing and grading - or at least that's what many of the grades suggest! ).

Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 AM

I'm feeling tired and a bit under-the-weather today. I skipped my workout last night for that reason. I'm trying to see if there is any way to fit my intervals in during the day at work today, but it's looking pretty bleak - I have meeting scheduled right and left and thought I'd have been able to run by now but a meeting is beginning in a few minutes.

Oops - we're ready to start! I'll check back later...

Old 11-19-2010, 12:36 PM

Well, that meeting was short (thankfully) but I'm expecting someone else to come in here in a moment.

I was trying to get my intervals in during the day as tonight I will be with kids at home alone and I can't leave them in the house to go out and run (and I usually workout after they go to bed). Plus, it's cold at night here now. Brrr!

I'm doing my second fast of the week today - dinner last night to dinner this evening. I actually felt light-headed this morning and have never felt that way w/ a fast before. I'm thinking it is probably just general tiredness and whatever illness I'm trying to keep at bay. So far, I don't feel too bad (from whatever I'm fighting) but I certainly don't feel like myself.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:42 PM

So I'm visiting the in-laws...so far, so good! :-)

This week has been a bit rough on the workout front. A busy week at work got the best of me from a sleep perspective so I collapsed exhaustedly into bed too many nights to count this past week; and workouts suffered. I will be back to working out tomorrow, as today was another extremely tiring day (travel-related tiredness this go-round).

Good news is that somehow I managed to lose another pound; so I'm now to 136 lbs. I'd still rather see progress on the inches around the abdomen, but I'll take another pound loss if that's the way progress is going to come. I won't know about the inches as I've sworn off the measuring tape until my last day - about 2 weeks from now.

I hope to check in this week but will likely be busy with family. I hope all of you who are finishing the contest this week finish strong.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all of those who are celebrating!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 AM

Default I'm back

I've been out of touch for awhile - with travel, visiting family and coming back to work I've been busy (in a good kind of way). My contest ends this Friday; I will take pictures and I will write an essay. I've been a little 'rough' with my nutrition the past few weeks (although it hasn't gone south completely) and I'm working to get it back under control now. The bodyweight manual phase 1 has been good, though. Some interesting intervals - different than what I've been used to doing. Challenging in a different sort of way.

I've learned a lot about myself this contest and that will probably be the subject of my essay. I'm not very good at writing essays about myself, so we'll see where this one leads - I'm 'trying on' different topics in my head but nothing so far is sticking as the definite direction to go with the essay.

I'll stop rambling. Gotta get back to work!

Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Oh the essay writing! Good luck.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Took pics on Friday - progress has been made - yay! I've got nothing on paper yet for an essay; still circulating thoughts in my head.

This week has been bitter cold here in NC. I'm doing the BW manual phase 1 and have NOT done intervals in a week. I run for intervals and I just don't want to do it. It is sooooo cold out there and I hate the cold. And I have asthma. Have I made enough excuses yet? I just did my workout and thought about going out to run and immediately vetoed the idea. I owe myself a weeks worth of intervals now. Did I say that the current "feels like" out there with the wind is 19F? No? Hmmm. Cold weather-induced exercise asthma is the worst, I'm telling you, the worst.

I will get over it soon; I'm going to have to if this nastiness keeps up. But it's not going to be today. Maybe tomorrow. Although I've said that each day for the past week...

Anybody know anything about recumbent bikes? Especially interval-training on one? I'm considering purchasing one as my back-up plan. I'm sure they're expensive. I've heard that when you get off it feels like you've been running as opposed to cycling.

Oh, and I may post pics here. I'm going to soon move over to the workout journals. Jury's still out on whether I'm in for TT contest #10. Let's see how the essay pans out first.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 AM

I feel your pain. Today's HIGH was -5C, without windchill. Just mentally preparing myself to go to the gym. Even worse than the cold is the frozen compact snow everywhere - like a flippin' ice rink!

Oh, I like recumbent bikes. But that's probably because you get a comfy seat and I am a lazy sort of lass
Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 PM

Congratulations on finishing! You look fantastic and I really enjoyed your essay! Especially the part about learning about your abilities. You never know of what you are capable until you give it a try!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey