TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Official 6-Week Mini Contest Entry Thread - Contest 9

Time to show us what you've got so far!

You can submit your entry to the 6-week mini-contest here. Can't wait to see your results.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations!

And stay strong for those final 7 weeks.

Your friend,

Craig
Old 10-27-2010, 02:46 PM

Default Meeting my goals!!

Twelve years ago, I was in pretty good shape at 200 pounds (6’3” tall) and running triathlons. Since then, I let life get in the way of my health and fitness, eventually reaching 275 pounds (I gained 25 pounds with EACH of my first three kids). After many failed efforts to get back in shape, I entered a weight loss contest at my gym about a month before TC 9 started. While I was making decent progress on my own, I had “been there” before…losing 20 or so pounds on my own, keep it off a short time, then gradually the weight started creeping back on. I came across TT while doing some random fitness-related web surfing a couple of weeks before the start of this contest. Probably a half dozen times, I had the “order” page pulled up and almost hit the buy button. Finally, a week before the start of the contest, I pulled the trigger…and haven’t looked back.

When I purchased the TT program, I thought I was getting some neat workouts. What I’ve come to find is that I’ve tapped into a way of life…an exercise program that is very manageable from a time perspective, very flexible, hard (what looks deceptively easy on paper is incredibly hard when you do it right), yet very fun. While I hadn’t been doing much in the way of long slow boring cardio, it was more because of a time limitation, not based on the understanding that it wasn’t the best way to lose fat and get fit. Now I know first hand that short, intense weight workouts and intervals rule!! The nutrition advice provided in the program and in the discussion boards has been very enlightening as well (and realistic), and the support on the discussion boards has been very encouraging.

What I did – I started with Phase 1 of the 6 month bodyweight manual. I am still a bit uneasy doing a lot of bodyweight exercises at the gym, so was able to do most of the workouts at home, then hit the gym for my intervals (stationary bike, stair climber, and treadmill). Weeks 5 and 6 I used Dumbbell Depletion…while I’ll likely switch back to a bodyweight program for the remainder of the contest as I want to really focus on shredding the fat, I loved that workout as well. Nutrition wise, I learned that you can’t outwork a bad diet!! For the first half of the contest, I worked to eat clean and did Eat Stop Eat one or two times a week. ESE really helped to offset my lack of nutrition knowledge. About a week ago, I actually started entering my nutrition in FitDay, which I’m now hooked on. My nutrition promises to be much better in the second half of the contest.

I threw out some pretty high goals for this contest…shockingly enough, I am already honing in on them all only six weeks in. I wanted to lose 10% of my bodyweight, or 25 lbs…I have already lost 20. I wanted to lose 3-4 inches off my belly…I’ve lost 4. I wanted to pass the Navy physical readiness test and I’m almost there (may already be there but I haven’t tried the run trial yet due to a nagging calf strain). More importantly, I feel better in general and am more comfortable in my own skin (and clothes).

The numbers on Oct 17:
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 230 (-20 lbs!!!)
Chest: 45” (-2.5”)
Belly: 42” (-4”)
Hips: 43” (-2”)

BMI: 28.74 (-2.5)
Navy BF%: 26.4% (-4.2%)
YMCA BF%: 24.79% (-4.0%)

In looking at my before and after photos, it is very evident that I still have a ways to go. However, for the first time in a very long time, I don’t even wonder if I’ll get there or if I’ll keep it off…I know I will.

I can’t thank Craig enough for the programs and the contest. It has not only provided the inspiration and encouragement to change, but the roadmap. Thanks Craig!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BeforeFront.JPG (77.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg AfterFront.JPG (74.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg BeforeSide.JPG (71.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg AfterSide.JPG (92.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 10-27-2010, 05:39 PM

My focus for this contest has been simplicity. Although I had amazing results last contest, there was sometimes a bit too much angst over the non-linear weight-loss and I’d panic, research like mad, and change a lot of variables. Not entirely scientific!

This contest, I thought long and hard about realistic goals that would fit in with my long-term plan. I want a six-pack and while I am not sure that is possible in the timeframe of this contest, it is something I am working on at my own pace. I know Turbulence Training gives me all the tools I need to get the definition and leanness I am after and all I need to do is be consistent with my diet and follow the workout program carefully.

Because I am nursing a shoulder injury, which I had been ignoring for many months, I have had to be realistic about goals and play to my current strengths. So while I would love to be working on learning to do an unassisted chin up, for example, that’s just not realistic right now. One of my goals this contest was to take care of this situation so in addition to my TT workouts, I do over 30 minutes of physical therapy a day. I don’t mention this as a poor me, but rather, as a matter of fact. Stuff happens that we have to work around but that should not stand in the way of our goals. My shoulder injury simply presents a challenge that I need to work around. It’s not a show stopper.

I often forget I am even doing a contest because I have integrated the new habits into my life so they are just what I automatically do each day. I monitor my calories as before and pay attention to my macronutrients. I allow myself planned fun meals, which keep me motivated to stick with it the rest of the time. I have added in a lot more fruit and am eating more calories so I feel great and very strong for my workouts. I’m really just living my life, with all it’s bumps, and always moving forward. I’m not doing all this just to win a contest. I am using these contests as an opportunity to stay motivated by a deadline while retraining myself to new lifelong healthy habits. Turbulence Training is part of my life now.

The workouts are so much fun! So far this contest, I’ve done TT Hardcore and Resistance Evil, both of which are a blast! I’ve never had so much fun in the gym while seeing consistent results. I’m just starting a Meatheads workout, something I’ve been looking forward to for a while. It is so hard to choose what workout to do next because they all sound so interesting! I look forward to doing every single one.

Stats Before/6 weeks:
Weight: 151/150
Chest: 34/35
Waist: 28.5/28
Hips 34.5/34.5 (unchanged)
Thigh: 20.5/20.5 (unchanged)
Calf: 14/14.3
Bicep: 11/11.3

Here are my pix.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (90.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 6week.jpg (93.4 KB, 59 views)
My TT#9 contest thread

Last edited by thebestme : 10-30-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:41 PM

Default Turbulence Training Contest #9-Six Week Contest

It’s time for my latest chapter of TT results. If you’ve looked at the essays from prior contests, you’ll see that I’ve been at this for a while! I joined TT online at the start of contest #7, but even before then, I had done several of Craig’s free workouts, listened to his podcasts, and was taking his nutritional advice to heart. I started contest #7 at 170 lbs, and weighed 148 lbs at the start of contest #9 in September.

For me, my first transformation contest was about getting comfortable with TT workouts and finding my athletic self again. I knew I had a ways to go in achieving my fitness goals, but I got a great start and continued to lose body fat between contests. During contest #8, I started to become loud and proud of what I was doing and encourage other people around me. I also wore a bikini all summer and enjoyed it, which was quite a feat since I had avoided going to the pool as much as possible the summer before!

Though I was a finalist in contests #7 and #8, I have not placed yet, so before the ninth contest, I thought long and hard about what I could do to get my best results yet. As I get nearer to my goal weight and shape, it’s more challenging to drop body fat, but easier to see results from body fat loss when it happens. My primary goal from the start was to achieve my results in a sustainable way that would not leave me feeling deprived, tired or cranky. I knew I had quite a lot of work travel coming up during weeks 4-6 of the six week contest, so I needed to pick challenging workout programs that could be done in hotel gyms where equipment quality can vary greatly.

For me, contest #9 has been all about analyzing my past nutrition and results, creating a plan for success, and implementing it. Looking back at my nutrition journal entries between contest #8 and #9, it was clear why my fat loss had stalled. I was simply eating too many calories (1800-2300 per day, 2700 on a splurge day) for my current weight. I had lost some lean mass during contest #8, and suspected I might not be eating enough protein for the intensity of the workouts I was doing, so I increased my protein goal from 75-80g to 100g per day. I set a new goal of eating 1650 calories per day, with a higher calorie splurge day every 5 days at 2250 calories.

Both of these nutritional tweaks paid off, as I lost a total of 6 lbs during the first 6 weeks of contest #9. I had great experiences with both the DB Depletion and Clash of the Titans workout programs, and managed to complete all my planned workouts, even during three weeks in a row of work trips. Although my travel nutrition wasn’t as good as it is when I’m home, I was able to maintain and even lose a little while on the road. This was in stark contrast to work trips a few years back where I went overboard eating whatever I wanted, was too embarrassed at being out of shape to hit the hotel gyms, and came home feeling bloated and unhappy.

One of my main goals for the 12 week contest was to lose 10 lbs of body fat, and I’m well on my way to achieving that goal. I wanted to increase the weight I was using on my kettlebell swings to 35 lbs, which I did at the start of the contest, and recently moved it up again to 40 lbs. I also used the contest as an opportunity to set other related goals too, and have achieved them-for example, scheduling several health-related appointments that I’d been putting off.

Overall this year, I’ve I trained hard, but smarter than in the past. I’ve become an early riser and morning exerciser. I’ve mainly chosen circuit workouts that can be completed in 45 minutes so that when my daughter wakes up, I’m ready to work on getting her out the door to school. I’ve learned to take rest days when I need them, to enjoy splurges and then move on without guilt, and to say no thanks when I’m faced with foods that I know won’t get me to my goals. I am proud at what I’ve achieved so far, having dropped from a size 12 to a size 4-6 in less than a year. This week, I am even going to have my work picture retaken because the old one doesn’t even look like me anymore!

As I’ve been getting fitter, the people around me have noticed and I’ve gotten lots of questions about what I’m doing. I always mention TT workouts, intervals, and nutrition as the three key secrets to my success. I have been supporting numerous family members and friends, talking to them about effective exercise and clean nutrition. My husband Brian was a finalist in contest #8, and was inspired by my results to start TT, with great results so far. Unfortunately, he injured his shoulder and could not participate in this contest, but has encouraged me throughout, and is looking forward to being part of contest #10. My youngest sister has started working out with weights again, my middle sister is working hard on her post-baby fitness, and my parents are biking regularly and have cleaned up their nutrition significantly with great results. One of my work colleagues has lost over 30 lbs, with weight training, intervals and clean nutrition, including TT abs exercises. Since this spring, we have had a regular weekly lunch meeting, where we catch up on workout information and work stuff, while doing an interval workout of walking hill repeats or upright bike sprints.

I can’t imagine ever going back to the way I used to eat and exercise, and leaving the TT lifestyle behind. TT workouts and simple nutrition approaches have become an important part of the way that I live, and made it possible for me to handle a number of stressful periods that in past years would have triggered overeating and the related downward spiral of guilt that got me to where I was before. I’m very grateful to Craig for his continued support via Facebook, the forums, his blog, and emails. Last but not least, I deeply appreciate the support of the TT family on the forums. We share our challenges, successes and failures, and draw inspiration from each other daily. I am convinced that the support and accountability of the forum community has been critical in helping me to stick with my workouts and nutrition plans.

6 week measurements

Weight 142 (-6 lbs)
Chest/lats 34.5 (-1)
Hips (widest point) 36 (-1.5)
Just below hip bones 33 (-2)
Smallest waist 26.75 (-0.75)
Waist (belly button) 28.5 (-1.5)
Leg 22 (-.25)
Body fat %: 21.5 (-3%)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (17.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg After paper.jpg (27.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg After 1.jpg (37.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of After 2.jpg (20.1 KB, 186 views)

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 10-29-2010, 09:35 PM

Default Six Week Contest Entry

I love the idea of the 6 Week Mini Contest. I think it really helps me to focus my efforts earlier. I know that it helped me make it half way to my 12 week goals – I feel right on track!

One of my first hurdles was beginning this contest only a couple pounds above where I ended after TTC8. I have yo-yoed more dramatically in the past, and so this was a real victory. It lets me know that this is really becoming a lifestyle, and not a short-term solution.

My nutrition goals were met (with only a few bumps) and I feel really good about the choices I have made. I have been eating vegetarian for (at least) two full days per week and so I have worked hard at incorporating different sources of proteins, and making sure that I cover my "nutritional bases". This has been a big change for me, as in the past I had been used to eating meat nearly everyday. I have gotten to try all sorts of new things and discovered that I really like scrambled tofu and nutritional yeast! (Who knew?) My kids have been learning to try new things as well. My son even impressed the ladies at a local sandwich shop by telling them he wanted a green pepper on his sandwich "just to try it."

For workouts during the first 6 weeks I chose 2 "meathead-style" workouts. The first, TT for Meatheads V, I loved! The second, TT for Jacked & Lean Meatheads, was a little more of a love/hate relationship, lol. But both were excellent for results. And the intervals helped me maintain/increase my endurance level for 5K racing. I was able to complete 2 separate 5K races under 30 minutes each – something that I had been struggling with in the months prior to beginning the TT contest.

I love the support that the forums always give. Everyone is so encouraging and I get my best advice just from reading what people write in their threads. The past 6 weeks have been a lot of fun, and I look forward to the next 6 weeks (and beyond!)

6 Week Stats
Weight: 142.8 (-3 lbs)
BF%: 20.0% (-1.3%)
Waist: 28 in (-1 in)
Navel: 30.25 in (-1.75 in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front 6 weeks 10 17 10.jpg (92.7 KB, 57 views)

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey

Last edited by cesium0122 : 10-30-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:48 PM

Default 6 Week contest Entry

These six weeks have gone by in a blur. It felt like I’ve just begun. This transformation challenge has been a back to basics journey for me. I had been really working hard at the beginning of this year to get to my goal of 210 pounds. Once I hit the ides of March I completely stalled. All summer long I stagnated keeping within a few pounds of the 30 mark that I had lost. Late summer came and as I was looking through photos I was shocked to see just how flabby and overweight I still was. The mind plays funny tricks on you. It tells you that nice weight loss had really helped and that you were in good shape. HA!

The beginning of Transformation Challenge 9 could not have been announced at a better time for me, as I was try to kick myself back into motion. The bonus was the mini contest; a short sweet target to set my sites on and attack. My only goal for the Mini contest was to complete it. I meant it to be a measuring point for my bigger goal of hitting 210 pounds and getting the abdominal “V”. In this regard I have made a surprising amount of progress.

In looking at my starting photos, I couldn’t believe that I was in worse shape than the beginning of the year. It’s amazing how fast the body atrophies. I have been ecstatic each week when taking measurement. Every time more progress towards my target body. My arms and legs have started to show their muscular definition. My man boobs have lifted back into place and shrunk. My stomach has shrunk considerably and now when I tense my stomach it actually goes flat! I am now able to feel my body pulling itself back together. This is the first time in 7 years that I have been less than 230 pounds! Nate 3.0 is going to so much better that the 2.0 version!

Here are the stats and photos
_______________9/13____10/25____Change
Chest___________47.5____45.25_____-2.25
Waist___________48______44_______-4
Hips____________46______44.5______-1.5
Right Arm_______16______15.5______-0.5
Left Arm________15.25____15_______-0.25
Right Thigh______25______26_______+1
Left Thigh_______25______26_______+1
Right Calf_______16.75___16.25_____-0.5
Left Calf________16.5____16.25_____-0.25
Weight_________243_____229.4____-13.6
BF %__________28.3_____23.8_____-4.5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 wk Front Compare.JPG (60.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 6 Wk Side Compare.JPG (50.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 6 wk Back Compare.JPG (41.3 KB, 10 views)

"When we stop thinking and start doing we're energized. Procrastination drains us. Action makes us stronger!"
-Anonymous
Old 10-30-2010, 09:49 PM

Default 6-week submission

As the end of the 6-week mini-contest coincides with the anniversary of my 6-month commitment to TT, I find myself reflecting on how TT has helped me to progress toward my physical goals and has also given me tools for success in other aspects of my life.

When I entered this contest, I put up a thread title on the forums called “forward momentum”. Not too inspiring, I know. But at the time it was all that seemed to fit. I didn’t feel inspirational and wasn’t even sure I had time to be inspired. In fact, all that I knew was that the only reason I was going to be doing TT at this time was because I was already doing TT. Life was just that crazy. While my work is fairly uneventful and breezy in the summer months, the end of summer and the beginning of the New Year are hectic and the remainder of the year is just busy. This contest struck during one of those crazy times, the end of summer; add to this a child beginning elementary school and life was over-the-top tough to keep under control.

Had I not already been doing TT and realizing how fabulous it was for me, I would probably have put it off to the side and said, “Ah, yeah…looks great, but no time. I guess I’ll just try this around the holidays.” The structure of it kept me on the hook and the knowledge of what results I had achieved previously and what results I can achieve if I keep at it kept me coming back for the next workout. I can completely understand how I got to the place that I was 6 months ago and why I had been back-seating exercise and diet for the past several years. If something had to be let go, exercise was always the easy thing to drop from the day. It always seemed to come down to time. Since TT was already here in my life to stay, I made the time for it. I may have been up later than I had wanted to be or doing TT when a little tired, but I didn’t stop the workouts.

About 3 weeks into the 6-week contest, work eased up and things fell into place a little bit. I was able to find my way to the forums more than once-in-a-blue-moon and started to read back-contest essays and threads to see what other people have done before that had brought them success. Around the 5-week mark for me, other people were starting to post their 6-week results and this inspired me to search within myself to see what else I could be doing differently. I made some adjustments to my nutrition and added an extra interval workout. My 6-weeks ended one week later, so there wasn’t any time to realize the impacts of these changes; however, that’s okay. TT is on-going in my life and if these changes don’t have the desired impact, I will regroup and figure out something new to try.

This is what I love about TT: the program isn’t just about the structured varied exercise but about re-evaluating yourself, setting attainable goals and figuring out what you need to do to reach those goals; it is also about reaching out to others to give or get advice. It’s the complete package that makes TT so doable and keeps me coming back.

My overall goals for this contest were quite simple: to continue using Eat-Stop-Eat once or twice a week, to build muscle in my upper body (back, chest, arms), and to continue to decrease abdominal and thigh fat. I have seen progress toward each of the body goals and have used ESE as planned.

TT has impacted my life in more than the physical sense. I found the goal-setting focus of TT bleeding over into work initially and then more recently into my home life as well. At first, I didn’t even recognize the impact of the TT ideology because it had just become second nature. At work, I had for some time been taking baby steps toward a goal I have had for several years, but I had never before made a formal plan to get me to where I wanted to go. So I finally took the time to figure out exactly what I needed to do to make it happen, laid out the plan, and then I took the leap. When I mentioned my plan to a colleague, it was suggested that I may need more time to get to that goal, it just seemed so grand. I rejected that notion and went forward with my detailed plan. I’ve been very happy with the results. At home, I needed to “shed some fat” in the form of accumulated clothing in my closets. Whether the clothes fit or not wasn’t the issue; I wasn’t ever planning on wearing them again and they were just taking up space. Thankfully, a local woman’s shelter was the happy recipient of more bags of clothing than I thought possible. I’m also happy to say that I now have my husband on board and he’s gone through his clothing and shed unwanted items as well. We’re both continuing periodic work on organization (the garage was the most recent) and ridding our lives of accumulated stuff that we don’t use or want. I have TT to thank for all of this.

For my TT workouts, I’ve enjoyed working through the Buff Dudes Hot Chicks for the first 4 weeks and Synergy for the remaining 2 weeks of this 6-week time frame.

6-week results:
weight 138 lbs (-4 lbs)
shoulders 41.75” (+1.75”)
above bust (under arms) 33.75” (no change)
under bust 31” (+0.5”)
waist 28.5” (no change)
belly button 30” (no change)
below belly button 32” (-1.5”)
butt 37” (-1”)
L thigh, 9” above knee 21.5” (-0.75”)
R thigh, 9” above knee 22” (-0.25”)
L thigh, 6” above knee 19.5” (-0.75”)
R thigh, 6” above knee 19.5” (-0.5”)
L thigh, 3” above knee 17” (-0.4”)
R thigh, 3” above knee 17.25” (-0.25”)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before-1.JPG (65.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg after-1.JPG (39.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg before-2.JPG (52.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg after-2.JPG (37.4 KB, 34 views)

Old 10-31-2010, 03:29 AM

Default Finishing What I Started

This challenge came at one of the most challenging times of my life. I am a Mom of 2 young children and a military wife of 13 years! My Husband left June of this year and is currently serving in Afghanistan, until May 2011.

I'm already down -62lbs from last year. My heaviest recorded weight was 237 lbs in Jan of '09. I lost some here and there until Spring of last year, but finally got mad enough to really buckle down at the beginning of last Summer. I got down to 175 by May
only to gain 14lbs back over this Summer, consoling myself with baked goods. Not GOOD!! Thankfully I snapped out of it.. I should know better. Gluten and I are not BFF's. I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism back in 2008. I thought my getting hot goals were over, lol.

It's my mission in life to never ever go back..NO EXCUSES!!!

I've gained weight through the years because of bad choices....when I got out of boot camp about 12 years ago, I was completely on my own for the first time....a honey bun and a Dr pepper is healthy because it's small in portion size, right?

That's the way I thought about food before I knew what healthy eating was..I'd skip breakfast, have crap for lunch,and go out to eat almost every night..forget about exercise!! I only did it when we had to as a command..and I wondered why I had gained 30lbs within a year!!

I'd work hard while the hubby was away on deployments etc just to gain all the weight back when he returned..Deployment Diets, if you will. It took me awhile to notice the pattern..But I'm breaking that pattern, NOW!!!!

I want to finish what I started. I want to be a good example to my kids. I don't want them to see Mom dieting all the time. I want to live life and not be a slave to food and exercise. I want to be healthy by lifestyle. Because that's how we choose to live. It shouldn't be forced.

Best Wishes to everyone ..work hard, eat clean and stay strong!!

***By the way*** I hadn't weighed myself during this 6 week period, so to see that number on the scale this morning was pretty AWESOME!! I was just going by progress pics taken every 2 weeks and trying on my 'skinny jeans.'

6 week measurements!

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 189- 171

Chest- 40-38

Waist: (belly button) 34-29

Hips: 40-37.5

Body fat: 33%- 25.2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5125226657_83e619deb6.jpg (77.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 5125841888_ed5c069cda.jpg (41.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 5125835430_11fef2cb7e.jpg (75.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 5125912460_57d55b1038.jpg (85.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 5125938506_d55296daed.jpg (72.5 KB, 24 views)

Courage is not the absence of fear,

but the conquering of it."
Old 10-31-2010, 03:31 AM

Default Official Entry

Trust you are all doing extremely well.

I sent my official entry to Craig via e-mail for the sake of time, and now have the opportunity to post it here, well, the essay at lease since I need to get a few things done for now and then I'll post some pics within the day. I won't include ALL the pics, as I really did send Craig too many,,, poor fella,,, lol. Looking forward to the 'finish' line, which is really the continuation line, just has a goal attached.

Hello. My name is Robyn. Next Saturday I'll be turning 43 years young thanks to the Turbulence Training programs.

I'm just like anyone else who would love to avoid the inevidable challenges that come with getting older, such as stiff joints, weight and fat gains, increasing tiredness and irritability, general decrease of feeling of well being, increased responsibilities and less spare time,,, just to name a few.

Just 6 weeks ago, I had all these and more. I had recently had an operation which was part of the reason for me gaining alot of weight. But truth be known, I have been a yo-yo dieter for most of my life. However, this will definately be the last of it since with the help and support from the dicussions on the forums, I finally worked out why I was continually going through that cycle. Plus, I always thought that since I had been able to take the weight/fat off successfully before, it would be easily done again. Not so I'm afraid. It really is more of a challenge the older and more fatigued the body becomes when neglected. So I really have made up my mind to continue with the 'TT' lifestyle instead of existing with it just as a rescue remedy. In reality, it's much easier than living through the hell of loss of mobility, health, fitness, happiness, self-confidence and self-esteem. That's just way too exhausting. Not only that, I was looking as tired and as unattractive as I felt, and couldn't even see my own toes over my belly, or get into the car with ease. I was certainly becoming more and more depressed and not even interested in continuing with the major renovations on my house that urgently need doing.

I desperately wanted ALL the various benefits back from my slimmer and fitter days so I decided to enter this contest with the long-term goal of achieving exactly that. I asked Craig which program to start with since I had just come out of hospital and hadn't been able to do much exercize at all this year. He suggested I attempt a beginner's program. So I eased into the Turbulence Training "101" for Beginners, and now have progressed to the "Buff Dudes, Hot Chicks" program, gradually increasing the weights, repetitions, and rounds, whilst being able to decrease the rest times in between sets. Great results!

Day 1 - Wednesday 22nd September, 2010.
Height - 5'4"
Weight - 156.4lbs
Chest - 41"
Stomach - 37.5"
Waist - 34.5"
Hips - 39"
Buttocks - 41.25"
Thighs - 40.5"
Left Thigh - 24.5"
Right Thigh - 25"
Left Above Knee - 17"
Right Above Knee - 17"
Left Calf - 14.5"
Right Calf - 14.5"
Left Bicep - 11.75"
Right Bicep - 11.75"
Left Bicep Flexed - 12.5"
Right Bicep Flexed - 12.75"

Day 38 - Saturday 30th October, 2010.
Weight - 137.2 - 19.2lbs
Chest - 38.5" - 2.5"
Stomach - 31" - 6.5"
Waist - 28" - 6.5"
Hips - 36" - 3"
Buttocks - 38.5" - 2.75"
Thighs - 38.5" - 2"
Left Thigh - 22.75" - 1.75"
Right Thigh - 23.5" - 1.5"
Left Above Knee - 16" - 1"
Right Above Knee - 16" 1"
Left Calf - 14" - .5"
Right Calf - 14" - .5"
Left Bicep - 12" - .5"
Right Bicep - 12.5" - .25"
Left Bicep Flexed - 11.25" - .5"
Right Bicep Flexed - 11.5 - .25""

I feel so amazingly energetic, mobile, and exhilerated now. Just a couple of days ago one of the managers at work even noticed how my working speed had increased, and my work collegues are also noticing the dramatic changes in my life and asking how it's happening. Of course I tell them it's because of the Turbulence Training programs and how easy they are to follow and get great results with minimal time involved. Plus the nutritional tips and recipes are so delicious and practical that I look forward to the tastiness and fulfillment of my meals. It's simply a matter of following the principles which Craig has incorporated into each program. Plus the friendships, support and encouragement on the forums has been phenomenal, informative, and even quite entertaining at times too.

My deepest gratitude to you Craig for your efforts in bringing brilliant and yet easy to follow programs to the fore-front. I now feel so much more confident that I have totally beaten my war with weight and depression. I'm no longer in constant joint and muscle pain, can fit into my once tight clothes, have heaps more energy and yet I'm calmer and more content within myself than every before. And just in the last couple of weeks, my enjoyment and enthusiasm for the renovations has gone through the roof,,, pardon the pun. These results are so priceless that I have registered a web-page so that I can share them with others who are struggling with weight, and encourage them to join the Turbulence Training community. I am really looking forward to the end results in another 6 weeks time, and of course the continuing results there-after.

God's blessings to you as you have blessed others.

Here's to final freedom from flab,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 10-31-2010, 06:58 AM

I wish I could delete the back shot. I got excited about posting pics and failed to see you can only post 4..but I sent the one that is supposed to go with it to Craig, along with my skinny jean pics!

Courage is not the absence of fear,

but the conquering of it."