TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
What is the HDBC workout, also missed the platinum deal too so need to check that if still availalbe.

your workouts sound great, must be tough with no rest in between supersets though

I am not sure what to do next, I am on TTK5 moving onto TTK6 thats the last one in the manual then onto something else.
Hi Katie - For some reason, I cannot get the letters right on this one - it's supposed to be BDHC and I always type HDBC. It stands for Buff Dudes Hot Chicks and I always think of it as Hot Dudes Buff Chicks. I guess that's because I'm a gal and I call guys 'hot'...and I don't really hear the word 'buff' used these days!

I think you and I were at the same point in the fat loss manual previously - after doing TT2K4 Craig suggested this one (BDHC - got it right!) based on my goals and probably based on the fact that I was going to need to modify some of the exercises since I knew I couldn't do all the body weights (perhaps there are lots of pull-ups and chin ups? I can't recall now.). Now I'm hunting around trying to figure out what I'll do for weeks 5-8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
your goals sound great, very similar to mine, although mine are changing weekly, I need to write them on here, have them written at home on the fridge!

you did so well in the 8 contest am sure you will do fabulous this time round too.

I am with you on the baby flap! I had 2 babies within 2.5 yrs and both C sections, so I really know about the baby flap bit!

I also wonder if it will ever go, gets smaller but never completely disappears but maybe thats cos I haved not taken it far enough. I am convinced that these celebrties must have a tummy tuck at the same time, because even if ilose the fat, the skin will still be there!!

anyhow, good luck and pop in when you can

take care keep smiling Katie
I remember thinking last time that we paralleled each other on a lot of things - clearly, the reason for the baby flap is the same! My 2 boys are three years apart and I also had 2 C-sections. In fact, I (lovingly) call it my 'c-section flap'. I have yet to hear anyone that hasn't had a C-section complain about this flap; and they look at me oddly when I mention it. I wonder whether it will ever be gone; I realize that I haven't lost adequate body fat for it to have been gone yet, but I still wonder whether this will be the lasting memento of motherhood that - in addition to the scar - will stay with me forever. Someone recently said to me, "sometimes you just need to get the extra flab cut away." Ick. Not my thing.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:20 PM

Wow! On here twice in as many days - maybe things have eased up slightly (knock on wood).

We went to bed at 9:30 last night - fell instantly asleep - and did not wake again until the 2-year-old awoke at 6:45. I haven't had that much sleep in one night in months! I feel great today!

I did w/out A of BDHC today - love that workout - and was cracking up during my 3rd set of stability ball ab pikes. I lost my balance on the 3rd pike, fell sideways on the 5th one (while in pike position) - that's when the laughter began - and just couldn't make the pike work on the 6th one (laughing too hard by then). I took it as a lost cause and moved on!

I am amazed at how slow I run on the 30 second sprints when there's only a 30 second recovery. I feel like I'm running through molasses. Luckily, the intervals are only 10 minutes because that 6th one is like the light at the end of the tunnel for me!

My good news/bad news is that my workout shorts that were snug in May when I started TT and then were fitting "properly" later in the summer now fall off when I run in them. Yes, they're all stretched out and probably would be fitting well right now if I hadn't stretched them out, but it certainly shows the progress I've made. The bad news is that I need to find some new shorts that I like since I actually have about 4 pairs that fall into this "too loose to wear for running" category.

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll be able to check in before the weekend. Don't hold your breath, though (I certainly won't; although I'll keep my fingers crossed).

Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 AM

It's a dreary Monday. Finally NOT 90C out, though. Whew! I've seen some of you suffering through extreme cold; I know we'll be there soon enough (well, cold for North Carolina) so I'm actually fine with the heat at this point. Rain is what we need and we are getting some right now.

I'm working at home this morning - well, about to start working - and I'm doing ESE. I typically don't like the evening to evening fasts, but thought that doing so would help keep me out of the kitchen this morning while I'm at home. That kitchen pulls me to it when I work...and sometimes I succeed in closing the cupboard before it's too late. The unconscious, mindless part is what ESE helps get me through.

So, it's actually going well. I've been fasting for about 14 hours now and will be soon reaching the magical "18 hour" mark. This afternoon will be easy as I will be in the office at that point - and then I'll be busy in the early evening w/ parent-tot swimming with the 2-year-old. Then when we get home, the fast will be done.

The pants problem has expanded. Three different pairs of capris slide down quite low and I have to continuously tug them up. If I tie a scarf through the belt loops it works okay - but if I forget before I leave the house, I find myself carrying a 2-year-old with my pants precariously close to falling off (like they were this morning).

Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM

What is this flap of which you speak? No c-sections here and yet I think maybe I still have it? There is a line in my pix with pooch hanging over.

Anyway, well done figuring out about going it alone. My husband fasted only once. I so wish I could get him on board but he just does his own thing and doesn't want to hear it!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
What is this flap of which you speak? No c-sections here and yet I think maybe I still have it? There is a line in my pix with pooch hanging over.

Anyway, well done figuring out about going it alone. My husband fasted only once. I so wish I could get him on board but he just does his own thing and doesn't want to hear it!
The flap begins right about the scar (the scar is the indent). It's low enough that it doesn't overhang any normal clothing (but would on the right underwear). It appeared after the first c-section and then was worse after the second. It never went away between the two pregnancies, either - even though I was back to pre-baby weight and had no such flap to start.

As for the fast - this one was breezy! I accomplished my main goal yesterday - no junk - then I carried through today with my goal of not letting ESE be an excuse to eat junk after-the-fact. No junk in 2 days. Mind over matter. ESE is the bomb. And now I'll be closing the day with a green smoothie. Yum!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:29 PM

Awesome day! Good for you!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 AM

Smile

Thanks, Naomi!

I'm so glad that I'm finding time this week to get on the forums to catch up on reading and to post on occasion. These forums are great - and this go-round there are so many threads out there that have thus far remained active. The threads are so inspiring. I get energized coming here, and I'm glad that I'm finding the time.

This is the 'magical' 6th week of the semester and in my past experience, the first 6 weeks are the worst. Luckily for me, I'm just somewhere in my 3rd week of the contest, so I think the worst of work (being so time consuming) is over at this point. Keeping my fingers crossed! My drive to succeed at this goes up when I see that others are there, going through the same/similar thing.

Keep it coming along, folks!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 PM

Finished my 3rd week of BDHC and now I need to figure out what I'm going to do for the last 8 weeks (and I have one more week to figure it out).

Anyone else out there reading this have a good follow-up to Buff Dudes Hot Chicks? I really wish this were a 6 week program - it seems like it could be w/ having an A, B and C workout each week. My goals for my body are to both eliminate that stubborn belly fat while building muscle on my upper body (back especially). Yeah, I want to lose weight and tone the thighs, but that's not the immediate goal.

I took measurements today and while my waist, legs, etc. are generally the same, I measured an extra inch on the shoulder measurement. I'm astounded. Last time I measured and my husband measured, we got 40"; today I measured and got 41". I'll have him double check tomorrow, but boy, if this is correct then BDHC really has been working my upper body!

I completed 2 ESEs this week and managed to avoid junk (completely avoid it - not even grab a small bite) for 4 days in a row. I'm getting there - the contest 'mode' is kicking in, I think. Last time it took me a few weeks to figure it out (and I've just wrapped up week 3).

I need to cut down on the nuts (yummy, but high in calories) which I think have become my new 'mindless eating' item, unfortunately. I looked back at my TT#8 food log and didn't see nuts more than once a day, so that's going to be my goal for this upcoming week: take the nuts, put them in my tiny bowl, eat them, be done w/ nuts for the day. Or, the alternative that I love is to add them to a salad. That's actually the best way to eat nuts.

I also think I need some protein powder. We have some myoplex that I use on occasion but some flavors are unappealing (choc, vanilla are gross) and I know there are other brands out there. Anyone have any recommendations on good protein powder?

Alright, I'm off to continue catching up on posts for a little while before going to bed. I want my 8 hours tonight and I'm very happy that the 5-year-old's soccer game scheduled for tomorrow was canceled (too much rain over the past 4 days - everything is totally water-logged). We'll all be able to sleep in (children permitting)!

Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 PM

Smile Lol

[quote=thebestme;132280]What is this flap of which you speak? No c-sections here and yet I think maybe I still have it? There is a line in my pix with pooch hanging over.

QUOTE]

Hi Naomi

I just love this TT forum, I really had to laugh with you asking about the "baby flap"! That's what's great about this forum, although the main aim is to keep on track with nutrition and TT workouts, we also get to talk about those problems areas we all have, and it makes everyone feel so normal that everyone has their own problem area! Whether it be the baby flap or somethign else I would imagine, most women who have had kids will probably have a bit of a baby flap, but it's particularly worse with sections, as Heather said, as you end up with an indentation, so everything hangs over the top, I would guess it gets smaller losing weight, but even skin hangs over. I am convinced that these celebrities who have had sections, must have surgery or a tummy tuck to get rid of it, especially some of them that have had several sections and are now stick thin. Either that or they have super duper body hugging pants that make it disappear
Old 10-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Finished my 3rd week of BDHC and now I need to figure out what I'm going to do for the last 8 weeks (and I have one more week to figure it out).

I completed 2 ESEs this week and managed to avoid junk (completely avoid it - not even grab a small bite) for 4 days in a row. I'm getting there - the contest 'mode' is kicking in, I think. Last time it took me a few weeks to figure it out (and I've just wrapped up week 3).

I need to cut down on the nuts (yummy, but high in calories) which I think have become my new 'mindless eating' item, unfortunately. I looked back at my TT#8 food log and didn't see nuts more than once a day, so that's going to be my goal for this upcoming week: take the nuts, put them in my tiny bowl, eat them, be done w/ nuts for the day. Or, the alternative that I love is to add them to a salad. That's actually the best way to eat nuts.
Hi Heather,

Well done on 2 ESE's that's great work and avoiding junk afterwards, hat's off to you.

With the nuts, I know count out 10 nuts (as Naomi suggested, and originally suggested by Catherine - see advice gets passed on here!). I put the 10 nuts in a little plastic zip lock bag and put them in my handbag to take to work. That's then, when they have gone, I can't eat any more, I know 10 does not seem like many, but honestly those 10 nuts really fill me up.

I also had some cashew nuts in a stir fry the other night as I did't have any chicken and it was yummy, again I counted out the nuts, so I knew exactly how many I had had.

Your workouts sound great, I am still not sure what to do after TTK6, I was reading Catherine's posts and am tempted to do Meatheads, or another one she recommended, just cant' remembmer, but I know the HCBD has also had rave reviews! Decisions, Decsions!

Keep up the great work, sounds like you are doing fabulous and are going to look stunning at the end of your 12 weeks.

ps hope you got your lie in. We managed on on FRiday and the boys even bought us breakfast in bed, only a slice of toast, but they brought me grainy bread and just a little bit of butter, bless them Mind you my boys are a bit older than yours, |I am sure you will be happy with a lie in for now