TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2010, 03:54 AM

Great job on the fat loss this week - that's a great result.

Is that a picture of you with the surfboard in your profile pic? I've always wanted to learn how to surf and one of my rewards to myself when I reach my fitness goals is to get some surfing lessons in the US.

You're doing great, keep it up.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-24-2010, 09:42 PM

Thanks Waleed,

The picture is of me with a surfboard, it was taken in Puerto Rico near Rincon, if you want to try out surfing this is an awesome place to go. My sister and I got lessons with a big group, and it was a great time. My family rented a little bungalow right on the beach. The local food is great and there are a lot of places to go like some cool Spanish forts and a giant radio telescope that was in the James Bond Movies. That trip was back in 2004.

I did workout 2k4a today and advanced intervals a.

It went faster because I wasn't learning a new workout or testing how much weight I should use. It felt good I increased some of the resistance to where I should be. I had my doubts at first about the DB floor press, but it definitely has its place in these workouts. The other day as part of my 2k4 b warm up I ripped off 6 pull ups and I want to double that at least by the end of this contest along with my other goals.

P.S. How do you get that location to show up by your post count and join date? or is that a senior member thing?

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown

Last edited by midwestj : 09-24-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: question
Old 09-25-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
Thanks Waleed,

The picture is of me with a surfboard, it was taken in Puerto Rico near Rincon, if you want to try out surfing this is an awesome place to go. My sister and I got lessons with a big group, and it was a great time. My family rented a little bungalow right on the beach. The local food is great and there are a lot of places to go like some cool Spanish forts and a giant radio telescope that was in the James Bond Movies. That trip was back in 2004.

I did workout 2k4a today and advanced intervals a.

It went faster because I wasn't learning a new workout or testing how much weight I should use. It felt good I increased some of the resistance to where I should be. I had my doubts at first about the DB floor press, but it definitely has its place in these workouts. The other day as part of my 2k4 b warm up I ripped off 6 pull ups and I want to double that at least by the end of this contest along with my other goals.

P.S. How do you get that location to show up by your post count and join date? or is that a senior member thing?
Go into the 'User CP' where you edit the signature etc. Click on 'Edit Profile'. Towards the end of the page, there's a block called 'Additional Information' and there's a field where you can enter your location.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-27-2010, 02:44 AM

Heres the big version of my avatar photo:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Rsurfing-1.jpg

Waleed,

I tried editing all that stuff and it never saves for me. I'm guessing its my member status.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
Go into the 'User CP' where you edit the signature etc. Click on 'Edit Profile'. Towards the end of the page, there's a block called 'Additional Information' and there's a field where you can enter your location.
Huh. I don't even see the "Additional Information" bit.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 PM

I did workout 2kb today.

I increased the resistance on my deadlifts, I switched the 1 arm standing shoulder press for a standing military press.

Today I was too tired to complete the intervals.

I'm been having two major problems lately:

Lack of energy, and headaches.

The big one is the headaches. It seems like whenever I begin a tt workout by my second set or almost immediately after my first super set I get this major headache in the rear of my head. Its had happened a few times during the 2k3 workouts, then I took my week off, but its started again. Most of the time I just fight through the headache but its getting so bad that sometimes I have to stop the workout and let the pain settle, but it never completely goes away. Its still subsiding now as a type. Its probably about time to see a doctor about it.

I have read that they could be exertion headaches and nothing to worry about, but they are effecting my workouts so I am concerned. I have also read that it can be caused by eating too much protein, not getting enough sleep, and dehydration. I do eat quite a bit of protein, but I also sleep well and drink plenty of water.

I'm not really a fan of OTC pain relievers, NSAIDS have been shown to halt muscle growth.

I feel like the headaches are effecting my energy too. After doing the lunges and bulgarian split squats today I barely had the energy to finish the final superset (stab leg curls and spidermans.) And I decided it was best to do my intervals tomorrow because I knew if I tried them today it would be a major half ass'd effort.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
I increased the resistance on my deadlifts, I switched the 1 arm standing shoulder press for a standing military press.

Lack of energy, and headaches.
I love the 1 arm shoulder press, actually. It's more of a full body workout. Yeah, it takes twice the time, but it's so awesome. Plus, you can spot yourself a bit and cheat so you can do nice high weights.

Headaches - I don't do pain pills. I do water. Have you tried that? I just keep drinking any time I feel the slightest pain in my head.

Lack of energy - have you changed your diet? Dropping carbs or calories can put you in a funk. The lower carb funk is temporary. Or maybe you're coming down with something?
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 PM

I'm a barbell fanatic so anytime I can use those I tend to.

For the water, I do rush to the drinking fountain whenever I get the headache, but I keep doing that throughout the workout and by the end I'm bloated with water, out of breathe, and still with headache. Its not a slight pain either, its a monster onset that makes you sit down.

My diet is in the link in my sig for everyone to see, I've been recording my daily food intake since July. Nothing really has changed except for reducing calories slightly. I'm not low carb by any means.

Today isn't completely filled out yet but you can see in my archive going back through the days, that my food intake is consistent.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 PM

Thanks for stopping by the thread.

Keep up the good workouts. The headache is really baffleing me. My only though would be maybe the timing of your eating before your workout. Maybe play with more or less depending on what you are having.

"When we stop thinking and start doing we're energized. Procrastination drains us. Action makes us stronger!"
-Anonymous
Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM

I usually eat about an hour or an hour and a half before I work out, this is when I take the creatine as well. Its usually about 35g protein, 15g fat, and 50-60g carbs. Which has me guessing why I am running out of energy. I could maybe eat longer before the workouts. I used to drink a lot of water before the workouts after taking the creatine and lately I have forgotten to do this, maybe I need to start with that again. Creatine has a tendency to draw water out of the rest of your body and into your muscles, maybe thats whats happening. Thanks for the support everyone I will beat these headaches.