TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 04:45 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
Did workout 2k3 B today.

I increased my weight in everything here today too, great leg workout. Those step ups at the end are killer. Started using the barbell for RDL, I tested the waters at 145 but at the end I was doing 165 I think I can go up more. Odd thing is when I do this exercise I don't feel the fatigue (must be adrenaline,) but I don't want to do too much weight too soon and strain my back. I really tried to improve my form on stability ball leg curls today, I watched the videos on them and realized I was doing them wrong so that was a big focus today. Did some good stretching before the interval portion, my hammies needed it. Intervals were a little easier today but not by much.

I don't post what I eat, if you are curious just click on the link in my sig.
Great job!! It's really difficult not to drop your hips during SB leg curls, but it comes in time (after a loss of 10-15 pounds it should be a lot easier). Looks like you have the same starting weight I had at the begining of the 8th TC and you use the same wkt. (I too used 2k3 as my first wkt). Can't wait to see where this 12 weeks will lead you!
Btw, never managed to add weight to those stepups at the end without having to cheat some reps... :-(

Stay strong,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-06-2010, 09:46 PM

wk 2k3 b today. Thanks for the encouragement Ion.

I got those sb leg curls down pat now. This workout gives me an awesome hamstring burn.

Today my "home" gym opened back up after being remodeled for a couple of weeks. The new layout is awesome and they replaced a lot of the equipment, with some nice new additions. The best part is that its a small gym, and I'm never waiting to use a piece of equipment, which is definitely a bonus when you are super setting.

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 PM

2k3 a today.

Increased resistance on bench press today, and I was able increase the amount of decline pushups I was able to do. Went up 5 lbs in cable pull-downs too. I felt a strange lack of energy on the intervals, I think my body really needs this rest period that will be next week. I tried to do the intervals as hard as I could but I wasn't pushing 500 watts like I had been last week on interval workout a, it was more like 390-460 and it was hard.

I'm going to take this rest week really easy, Halo Reach will be coming out and the only thing getting a workout will be my thumbs!

I'm going to have a caliper test done by the trainer at the gym before I start this contest so I can set some realistic and worthy goals.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 PM

2k3 B today.

Had a good workout today. When it came to the intervals I had basically no energy, so I have decided to do those tomorrow. It was my last workout before the rest week.

In early July when I started TT I weighed 225, today I weigh 206.6. So in my first 12 weeks I was able to drop 18.4 pounds. I'm sure I added maybe a pound or two of muscle as I have lost considerable inches and have been able to increase my resistance consistently throughout the 12 weeks. I also lost initial inches in my biceps and calves but then I started to gain . I wish I had taken pictures.

Hopefully I can maintain my progress after this rest week. If I can lose 18 lbs or so in this contest that would put me right between 185-190 lbs, which I have predicted as my maintenance weight. I'll have my body fat tested on the 20th by the gym staff using calipers, so I can get a more accurate prediction for my maintenance weight.

Recently I have been trying to eat really well everyday, but especially on days before my workouts. Yesterday I was at my sisters for the Vikings game and ate a meal at her house, I feel like it might have bit me in the ass today because I couldn't do the intervals. I got this theory about eating from old school bodybuilder Steve Reeves, and he thought what you ate the day before a workout was just as important if not more important than what you ate for recovery.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Awesome results in 12 weeks!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-19-2010, 03:25 AM

Thanks Naomi, I hope I can keep it up.

Bumping this because I posted my pictures and day 1 stats.

Here are my measurements from my original date of starting tt, fitday, and basically changing my lifestyle, compared with today.

Here are my measurements from July 11th:

Neck 16.5"/ Bicep 15.5"/ Forearm 12.5"/ Chest 46"/ Waist 43"/ Hips 44"/ Thigh 28"/ Calf 16.5"

Measurements for sept 18th:

Neck 15.5"/ Bicep 15.5"/ Forearm 12.5"/ Chest 43"/ Waist 38.5"/ Hips 41.5"/ Thigh 26"/ Calf 16.25"

Thats 13.25 total inches lost, and 20.5 lbs. Its go time now and I'm going to work my ass off to get similar results in this 12 weeks.

With my current weight of 204.5 and bodyfat of 20% that puts my lean mass at 163 lbs. Heres the equation I got from accumeasure for my goal weight

Goal Weight= Weight of Lean Body Mass/(100-desired fat percentage)x100

185.9= 163/(100-12)x100

186 lbs is my goal for this contest, I have 18.5 pounds to lose over the next 12 weeks.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 AM

Wow you achieved so much in a little over 2 months! I'm sure you'll do even better over the next 12 weeks. Can't wait to see your progress
Old 09-20-2010, 08:58 PM

Thanks!

I weighed 203.4 this morning, a 1 pound loss since my Saturday weigh in.

Started workout 2k4 A today. It felt good to get back in the weight room and have a sweat going. I felt a little soft after a week of doing nothing, so it was good to have a nice muscle pump going on today.

This contest is going to be a continuation of what I have already started. I will not quit, I will not stop until I achieve my goals, I will be here in 12 weeks looking back on today, and hopefully I will amaze myself.

Last edited by midwestj : 09-21-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 PM

Down another pound since yesterday. I'm at 202.4 lbs today.

Workout 2k4 B today

This workout is awesome. I felt like Gumby afterwards walking around. Did some good stretching afterwards. I decided I will do my intervals tomorrow, because after taking a week off I have to get my trips in to the gym this week to get my health insurance reimbursement. Its pretty slick: 12 trips to the gym each month means they will reimburse me for 20$ of the membership fee. I only pay $16.95 a month for my membership and thats hard to beat!

Last edited by midwestj : 09-22-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:54 PM

This morning I weighed 201.6lbs. I've lost about 2.5 pounds this week already. My goal is about 1.5-2 lbs per week so I hope some of that is water and not muscle. I monitor my bodyfat closely to make sure its fat I'm losing.

Did interval workout B and some stretching. My legs are still pretty tender from 2k4 b yesterday. 2k4 A tomorrow.