TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 AM

Question Fasting

Hi guys

I have few questions about fasting as there are a few of you doing it or have done it in the past. I woke up feeling really sick this morning, very dodgy tummy, (serves me right for having some chocolate last night and a bowl of sultana bran buds where were over my cals!) so far I haven't eaten today. I don't feel sick anymore and feel better but have decided I may as well turn this into a fast.

Questions are:

1. when fasting do you just drink free fluids, ie water, black tea, sugar free drinks

2. When is the 'start' time of the fast, is it from the last time you ate, or from when you get up?

3. I got up at 7am this morning, have not eaten all day, I am hungry now, but it's nearly 7pm, last time I ate was 9pm last night , Would the 24hr fast start from then or from 7am this moring

4. how often do you do the fasts? weekly, bi- weekly, or fortnightly?

5. have you found your weight loss has increased with the fasts?

6. do you find you end up eating more the next day because you are starving!

7. do you allow yourself any food at all eg raw vegs? I was thinking of eating a celery stick! But wasn't sure if this threw out the science behind the ESE fasts?

So far today, all I have had is water and black early grey tea, I drink it very weak, so no risk of too much caffiene, as don't like strong tea and only drink coffee very occasionally. Haven't had any fizzy drinks , so plan to stick with the water/tea for rest of night.

I don't have the ESE book and this is a self invented fast, so please tell me if I am doing this completely wrong, as it's all new to me as part of a health routine.

Just thought I would give this a go as was feeling rubbish this morning, so not sure if I will do it again, but would appreciate any input anyone wants to give

thanks guys/gals

Cheers Katie
Old 09-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Hey Katie

The fasts go from the time you last ate so when planning them you can choose which time is more convenient for you, for example if you ate you dinner at 6pm on a monday evening then your next meal would be at 6pm on the Tuesday!

Whilst fasting you only drink water, herbal or fruit teas etc some people have cal free fizzy drinks that is a personal choice, again so is black teas/coffee as some people dont want the caffeine, you dont want anything with any calories though as that interferes with the hormonal benefits that fasting brings.

You can fast weekly or twice a week - i think that is the most that recommended, again you can choose how often you want to do this to fit in with your lifestyle, it could be fortnightly or monthly but from what i understand it becomes easier the more often you do it (this is something i still find hard)

I have found when i have done them that i dont over eat afterwards and yes it definately increases weight loss providing you are still eating at maintenance or below on the other days.

Hope this helps a bit :-) and your feeling better X
Old 09-24-2010, 05:36 PM

Talking OOOPs

Well as the title says Ooops!

Thanks for the reply Hot Chocolate, it seem's I made a boob!

So I ate Thurs night at 7pm dinner and 9pm (a yoghurt) and I didn't eat again until this morning 9am (Sat), so I have actually gone 36 hrs without food

I realise now that the fast is from when you last had food. So 36 hrs without any food is quite a long tiem, and would explain why I woke up feeling dizzy and sick this morning when I got out of bed. Also very grumpy !!

Still it has proved to me I can do it and if I find it does make a difference to my weight loss then I would consider doing it again as it wasn't too bad.

thanks for your help

Cheers Katie
Old 09-25-2010, 07:39 AM

Default Liver Cleanse

I'm going with the liver cleanse diet by Dr Sandra Cabot, its pretty easy to follow and some great meals. The last time I did it i lost 10kg.. if only i stuck too it!!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM

You want to have zero calories. I confess I have not bought ESE but I have been surfing Brad Pilon's ESE website and watching his youtube videos. There is a lot of free information there and it's well worth putting in the time. I think he says up to 60 calories would be okay and the example he gave was some lemon juice in your water with a zero calorie sweetener as an alternative to green tea. There is a certain threshhold where the stomach starts recognizing it as food coming and you don't want to hit that. I'd think celery might get enzymes flowing? But then he says gum is good so what do I know.
My TT#9 contest thread