TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

I do the same as Rob.

Love to write in the morning on an empty stomach.

Love to eat dinner at night.

Great to hear that you both have found a winning combination!
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-20-2013, 04:07 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
#3. During the work week, all meals are consumed before 3PM allowing for what amounts to an intermittent fast of 16 hours on average...........

I have been doing the same thing for over 30 days now. Except my 16 hours is on the other end. I have read a couple of studies done, where, contrary to what Mom used to say - "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"......that may not be so.........I have been skipping breakfast, after many years of about a 500-600 cal breakfast. Anyway, the 16 hour (average-sometimes more-sometimes less) seems to be working for me.....I think a lot of it involves just changing the mindset and habits....thanks for your insight!
Exactly Rob. I think the question with I.F. may be, "What's your best window?" Another consideration is how it affects your sleep, as a number of people I've spoken to have a hard time sleeping on a empty stomach. As Shakespeare said, "To thine own self be true."
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default Great shape with bodyweight?

I know lots off TTers have been down this road, but I haven't ever done a transformation that mainly used bodyweight exercises.

I don't know if I mentioned that I took the squat rack out of the studio, and that I've moved the benches, and I may even bring them home. In my classes we use bodyweight and "Wate" Bars to train barbell exercises. Sometimes I add dumb bells or kettle bells, but that's it. I need the room for my students, and boy do they perform better in a group. We feed off of each other's energy, and it's so exciting to see everyone's form get better and better.

One of the only things that bothers me is the damage that these women and men have experienced from eating the Standard American Diet. You wouldn't believe how many well educated people still eat a bagel, a banana, and a large glass of juice for breakfast. They start the day with a low fat sugar blast, and then sugar is all they crave for the rest of the day.

Not to worry. I lead by example, and more of my students are beginning to follow.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

Living by example!

That is what sets you apart!

You rock, keep up the great work. You are going to help so many people.

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
I know lots off TTers have been down this road, but I haven't ever done a transformation that mainly used bodyweight exercises.

I don't know if I mentioned that I took the squat rack out of the studio, and that I've moved the benches, and I may even bring them home. In my classes we use bodyweight and "Wate" Bars to train barbell exercises. Sometimes I add dumb bells or kettle bells, but that's it. I need the room for my students, and boy do they perform better in a group. We feed off of each other's energy, and it's so exciting to see everyone's form get better and better.

One of the only things that bothers me is the damage that these women and men have experienced from eating the Standard American Diet. You wouldn't believe how many well educated people still eat a bagel, a banana, and a large glass of juice for breakfast. They start the day with a low fat sugar blast, and then sugar is all they crave for the rest of the day.

Not to worry. I lead by example, and more of my students are beginning to follow.
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 AM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Exactly Rob. I think the question with I.F. may be, "What's your best window?" Another consideration is how it affects your sleep, as a number of people I've spoken to have a hard time sleeping on a empty stomach. As Shakespeare said, "To thine own self be true."
I also do the late day I.F. window (eat after 4 PM), but have been thinking of switching to Catherine's schedule. Too many times I have awakened with a full stomach feeling and have suffered through my AM workout. Have to figure out my "window". Thanks for the great feedback and advice. Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
I also do the late day I.F. window (eat after 4 PM), but have been thinking of switching to Catherine's schedule. Too many times I have awakened with a full stomach feeling and have suffered through my AM workout. Have to figure out my "window". Thanks for the great feedback and advice. Concetta
You know, There is growing anecdotal evidence that women respond differently to I.F. than men. There is something about breakfast for me that soothes the savage beast that is my appetite . In all honesty, being a little vain, is use that in my favor because I don't want to face the mirrors in the studio on a full stomach in the evening.

Also, I know through observation that dancers do tend to maintain lower levels of bodyfat throughout life if they continue to dance, and they perform at night. In addition, except for the handful in professional companies, they also rehearse/train in the evening- fueling up beforehand.

Yes, some trainers argue that dancers are slender in the first place, that's why that become dancers, but my body didn't change until after I became a lifelong dancer/trainer/bodybuilder. I started out fat/chubby and then transformed. I have also seen astonishing changes with my own eyes in the women I work with who take up TT, Dance, or Fitness training after work.

What's the magic formula? Perhaps it's Train/Dance/Move after your eating is done for the day then relax and Go To Bed, allowing fat burning to take place overnight. Another part of the secret is to develop a passion for the movement itself. That way you move beyond looks and weight because lets face it- sometimes the scale seems to be beyond our control.

I eat right and train right so that I can move the way I want too. I find this more empowering than training so that I can look the way I want to.

How much does this have to do with the eating window? I'm not sure, but I continue to be fascinated by what it takes to be in the 5% of the population that has maintained a significant fat loss without a surgical intervention.

Bottom line- those of us who have been obese do seem to need some different techniques for getting lean and in beautiful shape than ones used by people who have never been significantly overweight. For me, bingeing late in the day can be a direct result of skipping breakfast, so I really can't skip it safely. Someone who has never lost control and eaten in a seriously disordered way might be able to forgo breakfast without any consequences.

When I listened to the podcast Craig did with Dr. John Berardi, it sounded like Dr. Berardi experienced some interesting issues with I.F. as well. We are so individual when it comes to eating, in my humble opinion.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-12-2013, 09:25 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default 4 Minute Miracle

I used Mike Whitfield's 4 Minute total body miracle in class yesterday- In a word fantastic! Half of my students grabbed paper to write down the exercises before they left. I did a total body warm up with the class, then the Big Five with weight bars for the main body of the class, then the 4 minute miracle, and a five minute stretch.

By they way, we are nearly doubling the floor space at Gordon Studio next week, as we have simply run out of room!
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

Great to hear, send photos!
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 AM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 3,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
By they way, we are nearly doubling the floor space at Gordon Studio next week, as we have simply run out of room!
Great news Catherine. Congratulations! Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 AM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Great news Catherine. Congratulations! Concetta
Ditto Catherine. I wish I was younger........I would have taken PT related subjects! Glad things are going well for you.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.