TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Hey Craig

Sorry I haven't dropped by yet mate. I've been hella busy but feel like I'm getting on top of things (sorta kinda).

Really glad to see you joined the competition. I'm in it as well. Just coming along for the ride this time but still taking it very seriously.

I'll be more active around here again from now on.

Cheers mate!
Hey Peter, good to hear mate. I've been following your posts, glad you're on top of it and its all coming together.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 09-18-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Default Day 4.

Finally, the soreness is starting to go and I am feeling good...I really enjoy these types of bodyweight exercises.

Today at work was a fairly productive day for me; I am starting to get really busy here as their are a few projects on the go now and am starting to spread myself pretty thin.

Went for a lunch time walk of around 15min and tried another beginner muscle up on a tree branch ( this is really a move I want to perfect ). I think on the weekend I was lucky to get the move as good as I did. I managed to do the beginner muscle up but ended up scraping my chest on the left hand side as the branch was fairly rough. It wasn't to bad...I am just happy that I have developed the strength to go from pull up to dip to get above the bar.

In the evening after work a mortgage broker came around to see us as I am trying to buy my first house. He finished off around 7pm so that meant we went out for dinner. We ended up at a Vietnamese restaurant and ordered for the table, steamed rice, chicken and cashew nut, and salt and pepper calamari ( one of my favourites ). As these were probably not the most healthiest meals I have decided to try implement the ESE approach into my diet.

I had a protein shake and tsp almond butter at 9:30pm making it my last meal. I will try fast until dinner tomorrow night at around 6:30pm. This is the first time I am doing this so we will see how we go.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-19-2013, 07:47 AM

Default Day 5.

Today the soreness has practically gone...the tendonitis in my right forearm feels a little aggravated tho after today's workout.

I'm not sure what going on with my push ups...I've been pretty good and solid with them but since starting this programme they seem to be killing me. It could also be the 2 1/2wks I took off.

Same warm up routine as before... min warm-up, jogging on the spot, moving side to side to get the blood flowing and the joints warmed up. After this I got started with the bodyweight warm-up circuit:

Prisoner Squat — 10 reps
Prisoner Lunge — 6 reps/side
X-Body Mountain Climber — 6 reps/side
Leg Swing — 20 reps/side
Jumping Jack — 20 reps

I then got stuck into day 3 of the 12 week HWR as is, directly after the warm-up:

Total Body Extension — 20 on, 10 off x 4 rounds
Pushups — 20 on, 10 off x 4 rounds
Jumping Jacks — 20 on, 10 off x 4 rounds
Mountain Climbers — 20 on, 10 off x 4 rounds
Close-Stance Bodyweight Squat — 20 on, 10 off x 4 rounds

I then replaced my HIIT Cardio with the optional bodyweight cardio, 40 reps per exercise but had to rest between a couple of the workouts and only did 1 round:

Jumping Jacks
Run in Place — 40 per side
Skater Hops — 20 per side
Bodyweight Squat
X-Body Mountain Climber — 20 per side
Side to Side Jump — 20 per side
Push-Up (I had to take a break...did 15, 10, 10 and 5)
Seal Jump (I know this as the clap version of the jumping jack)
Walking Lunge — 20 per side
Split Shuffle — 20 per side

Today's workout kicked my butt...I am not sure if the fast had something to do with it as this was the first time I have fasted for so long...I will try avoid fasting on a workout day in future and try to keep my fast day to Mondays from now on.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 09-21-2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Added info to the seal jump and push up on bayweight cardio
Old 09-19-2013, 03:59 PM

Looks like killin' it buddy! Keep up the good work. That "after" pic is gonna look awesome!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippkrumm View Post
Looks like killin' it buddy! Keep up the good work. That "after" pic is gonna look awesome!
Cheers mate...thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-21-2013, 01:42 AM

Default Day 6.

The soreness has finally gone...I am starting to feel good now.

A fairly productive day at the office, I managed to get through a fair bit of my work.

I went for a lunch time walk of around 15min and tried another beginner muscle up on the kids swings. I found this a lot more difficult as the support bar at the top was fairly thick and probably not the ideal place for doing a muscle up...this one makes it 7 in total for me..Its only a matter of time until I start perfecting the technique and have the strength to do it in one motion.

So far I am really enjoying the 20/10 HWR programme and working out 3 days a week. Tomorrow I will go to the park and try the beginners muscle up again on the pull up bar at the park.

Hope you guys are all having a blast with your workout programmes as I am having.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-22-2013, 06:41 PM

Default Day 7.

I woke up with good intentions but as the day dragged on I got extremely lazy...It was a fairly lazy day for me in the end. Went down to the park with the kids and tried a few more beginner muscle ups.

I think I am going to hang back on the beginner muscle ups for a while as my arms are feeling a little fatigued from this move.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-22-2013, 07:39 PM

Default Day 8.

Today was a fairly productive day in the Mitchell household...we took the kids to Movie World which is a theme park down by the Gold Coast. It was the first time the kids had been there...I think dad enjoyed it more than the kids going on some of the theme park rides.

My diet was not the best either today and ended up stopping at Mc Donalds on the way home to get everyone a bite to eat.

Arrived back at the house around 3pm and then got stuck into week 2 day 1's workout.

Same warm up routine as before... min warm-up, jogging on the spot, moving side to side to get the blood flowing and the joints warmed up. After this I got started with the bodyweight warm-up circuit:

Prisoner Squat — 10 reps
Prisoner Lunge — 6 reps/side
X-Body Mountain Climber — 6 reps/side
Leg Swing — 20 reps/side
Jumping Jack — 20 reps

I moved directly onto day 1 week 2 directly after the warm-up:
I did the following circuit 3 times, resting one minute between circuits.

Close-Stance Bodyweight Squat — 15 reps
Close-Grip Push-Up — 10 reps
Jumping Jacks — 20 reps
Reverse Lunge — 10 reps per side
Inchworm — 6 reps
Run in Place — 20 seconds
Mountain Climber — 10 reps per side
Total Body Extension — 8 reps
Calf Jump — 10 reps
Reaching Lunge — 8 reps per side
Decline Push-Up — 12 reps
Run in Place — 20 seconds

I then did the optional bodyweight workout...The Punisher:
I did the following exercise 8 times, resting as little as possible.

Close-Stance Bodyweight Squat — 20 seconds squats followed by a 10 second hold in
bottom position.

I couldn't hold the squat in the bottom position all the way...I managed to do it for the first 4 rounds and the last round.

This was no joke, I can see why it is called THE PUNISHER.

I was fairly bushed after my workout...it did feel good tho!

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 09-22-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:51 PM

The punisher strikes fear into the heart of anyone who's tried it. Takes a while to build up to 8 rounds. I think I only got 4 the 1st time I tried it.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
The punisher strikes fear into the heart of anyone who's tried it. Takes a while to build up to 8 rounds. I think I only got 4 the 1st time I tried it.
I took me by surprise...I'm gonna give it horns next time .

Nutrition log
Workout Journal