TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 04:10 PM

Default Consolidate, Reinforce and Improve

Right I'm in for the ride!

Last competition I really only hit full stride during the last 4 weeks. It left me wondering what I might have achieved if I had achieved the same level of mental focus and commitment from day one?

So in a very sleep deprived state (10.5 hours into my second night shift) I have decided I'm going to give this competition a run.

My goals are to add some lean mass whilst maintaining (or reducing) my current level of body fat.

As my focus intensified on the last transformation competition so to did it sharpen on my business. I want to maintain this focus as I move into a very busy and exciting time of my life starting at the gym and working toward my new career.

So without further adieu I'm in.

I shall buy a paper today once I've had some sleep.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:40 AM

Crazy crazy busy day today once I got up. I didn't get a paper but decided it doesn't really matter as I can't "officially" enter anyway.

I'll post a pic and stats in the next couple of days and just come along for the ride.

I'll post today's food and exercise when I get to work tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:12 PM

Okay I've decide not to approach this thread the way I did last competition. I've got my workout, nutrition and accountability threads going so will keep those up to date.

So with this thread I'll just detail my progress and any dietary and exercise experiments that I conduct for the next 12 weeks.

I'm trying to gain muscle whilst keeping fat at bay so lets see how this plays out.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Brilliant!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Okay I've been a bit slack with this so far. In fact I've been so slack that I didn't take a photo or take measurements. This being the case I might have to do it on this coming Monday instead.

As to what I've been up to I'm playing around with the following:

1) Increased calories to 2500
2) Keeping carbs relatively low at around 100 grams per day. I'm getting the bulk of my carbs from fruit and vegetables and avoiding starches.
3) Fat is subsequently riding much higher.
4) The other thing I am doing is reducing my fast. You'll note in my nutrition log on my more recent entries that I'm breaking my fast in the morning with a bulletproof coffee. In the past couple of days I've also added more calories to the a.m as well. I'm doing this to simple assist adding extra calories.
5) I have reduced my training volume but following a Meatheads program and I have removed all extra curricular conditioning. I'm doing the program exactly as written. No more, no less.

So far this is going very well. This morning I put on a pair of size 32 shorts and they are honestly swimming on me (they weren't last week). My muscles look fuller (and my chest hair is growing back ) so this is all very promising.

I'm going to maintain this plan of attack for another 2 weeks and if I haven't gained any fat by then I will bump up calories to around 3000 per day and go from there.

I promise to upload my stats and photo on Monday. I'll be much more active in the forum once I finish my TT Cert. All about priorities right now.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:41 AM

Right thus far this thread has been a joke.

No commitment.

Well that if officially changing as of right now. So today is my day one. Photos coming.

I'm still nursing an injury to my right leg, but it's just about better. I will start training as soon as it's safe for me to do so.

Game on. My last day will the the 8th of December. I will be in very, very good shape on that day.

I'm a peacock, you've gotta let me fly!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:31 AM

Further to the last post I feel something Evil coming on.

I've talked about it in the past but I think I'm going to do it.

Braigz Triple Anyone?

1) Resistance Evil
2) Ballantyne's Massacre
3) Ballantyne's Massacre 2k12 (on of my favorites)

We shall see. But I think I shall.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:07 PM

Default And we're off!

Not a bad starting point. As I alluded to in another thread I'm a bit softer than I was at the end of the last competition. Granted this was taken after a 3 day cheat weekend so you can't expect to look your best after something like that.

Unless there is some type of miracle with my leg I don't think I'll start training until next. Until then I'll just concentrate on diet.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:11 AM

Hi Peter,

Great to hear your joining in with this transformation. I don't know if it's just me but your newspapers' headlines never fail to amuse me.. Haha!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchris View Post
Hi Peter,

Great to hear your joining in with this transformation. I don't know if it's just me but your newspapers' headlines never fail to amuse me.. Haha!
Hehe... no you're not the only one. I like the headline on my after shot from the last comp as well. "It's about time" seemed appropriate somehow.

Not sure how "dancing with death" is going to fit into the scheme of things this time though, or lame barba or police probe for that matter!