TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 07:52 PM

Just checking in quickly, so very, very tired tonight... I'm meant to be going to a space-themed fancy dress party but I want to do that about as much as I want to stick pins in my eyes...

Day 3 of TT Clash, strength workout. More details to follow, just want to say it's done!

Food:

12pm - 3 scrambled eggs with loads of veg
4pm - beetroot, apple, carrot and ginger juice (someone made an extra one in work, soooooo good)
5pm - cottage cheese etc
11pm - greek salad - veggies, sheep's cheese, olive oil dressing plus 4 small meatballs
Plus tasting - as usual - in work.

Zzzz
Old 10-20-2012, 07:34 AM

Having a mild 'oh god can I actually achieve this?' kind of day... I have 14 pounds to lose by Christmas Eve (my aim is to be 138lbs), which is just over 9 weeks away (8 weeks til the end of the competition). I can actually do this, right? I know that it's generally given that 2lbs a week is the max you can lose safely, but then I was reading an article the other day that said that the last few pounds will come off much more slowly, like a half pound a week or so. I shouldn't let negative things like that stick in my mind, but it's there now!

Going to go look for success stories to convince myself it is possible... otherwise I could well just end up down the old self-sabotaging route of 'why bother, you'll just fail anyway' before too long.

But also, whatever happens, I know that if I just keep persevering, even if I don't make my goal within my deadline, I WILL make it at some point. And I'll have the dietary and exercise habits to boot. That's the hardest part, turning (initially) hard work into a habit that you just DO. If I give up it's not gonna happen ever.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma HTTF View Post
Having a mild 'oh god can I actually achieve this?' kind of day... I have 14 pounds to lose by Christmas Eve (my aim is to be 138lbs), which is just over 9 weeks away (8 weeks til the end of the competition). I can actually do this, right? I know that it's generally given that 2lbs a week is the max you can lose safely, but then I was reading an article the other day that said that the last few pounds will come off much more slowly, like a half pound a week or so. I shouldn't let negative things like that stick in my mind, but it's there now!

Going to go look for success stories to convince myself it is possible... otherwise I could well just end up down the old self-sabotaging route of 'why bother, you'll just fail anyway' before too long.

But also, whatever happens, I know that if I just keep persevering, even if I don't make my goal within my deadline, I WILL make it at some point. And I'll have the dietary and exercise habits to boot. That's the hardest part, turning (initially) hard work into a habit that you just DO. If I give up it's not gonna happen ever.
Looks like you will be ok.........but change ONE thing in your first sentence above .....fron "can I ", to "I will". In other words, don't ask yourself if you can, tell yourself that you WILL..........
Old 10-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Looking forward to hearing more about your success with the workouts. You liking Clash of the Titans?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma HTTF View Post

Yes, you CAN! One of the things that helped my journey was the practice of celebrating every positive change.
Don't wait for 138 pounds to start enjoying your transformation. With every pound and every inch you improve- so each day can be better than the day before. So appreciate yourself, your efforts, and what you've learned right now.
The ability to train TT style at all is a significant achievement. Many of the people I work with come in unable to do a single push up, plank, or proper lunge- let alone a spiderman climb or a burpee. The skills we learn here move us into a higher level of fitness very quickly, and I think we forget to celebrate that. Have you reached any personal bests in the past month?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:14 PM

Rob and Catherine, thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about achieving my goal, I just have to put my head (and the cookie dough) down and get on with it. As for personal bests, I'm going to start keeping proper records of what I've been doing so I'll be better able to see. I do know that I can squat, lunge and chest press with significantly more weight than 4 weeks ago, so that's something at least!

Craig, I'm loving Clash, did Day 4 today and am looking forward to the next few weeks of it. I get bored really, really easily with workouts so having a different one each day is so much better for me. One question: for Day 3, there's pullups, but I can't even do one yet so I did lat pulldowns instead. Is that ok?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Yep, thats cool.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:05 PM

Day 5 of Clash today - I nearly didn't do it as I didn't have enough time to go to the gym before work, due to procrastination and faffing around the place instead of just getting out the door, possibly a bout of self-sabotage in the making... however, on closer inspection, I realised I could do the workout at home, using my dining table for the inverted rows and doing high-kneed running on the spot for sprints. No excuses! Only did 5 rounds instead of 6 due to having to go to work, but it was a great workout, it's going to be my go-to at-home routine for when I don't have time (or refuse to make it) for the gym.

I also went for a 90-minute cycle after work, exploring parts of the city I hadn't seen before. It wasn't meant to be quite so long but I'm glad it was, I'm getting as much outdoor activity as possible before the winter starts properly...

Eating today... bleh, not great, started off well but then descended into too much tasting/picking.
Breakfast/lunch: 2 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/2 tin tuna - scrambled, with sundried tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, pesto, turmeric and spring onion, on lamb's lettuce and rocket with soy sauce.
Lunch: 4 meatballs, cucumber, radishes, pesto, a cup of butternut squash soup.
That's it, apart from all the work food. Gonna have some BCAAs before bed as I know I didn't have enough protein.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:52 AM

Hi Emma,

In order to succeed I think you have to have the flexibility to train at home. Back during TT Contest #2 I would train twice a week at the gym and once at home, and that helped me to establish some excellent habits.

I used to do my inverted rows on my son's swing set, which we finally took down last weekend. "Sigh" He was only 7 when I started TT, and now he's in Middle School. I wonder what my TT workouts will look like when he's a Sophomore.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Great advice, Catherine.

And just imagine the futuristic spaceman style workouts when your son is in college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hi Emma,

In order to succeed I think you have to have the flexibility to train at home. Back during TT Contest #2 I would train twice a week at the gym and once at home, and that helped me to establish some excellent habits.

I used to do my inverted rows on my son's swing set, which we finally took down last weekend. "Sigh" He was only 7 when I started TT, and now he's in Middle School. I wonder what my TT workouts will look like when he's a Sophomore.