TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 05:21 PM

Default Emma's TTTC Thread :-)

Hi folks,

Bit late getting to write this but I got here in the end! This is my first Transformation Contest, I started on the last day to enter (Sept 23rd) but I didn't take my photos til last week - broke my camera and took a while to replace. Anyhow, I don't think there was that much of a difference as my first week of the contest coincided with my new job - baking cakes and cookies and all types of sweet stuff in a cafe!

I'm not gonna lie, it's been a challenge the last two weeks, I'm pretty bad at picking while I cook anyway but I also had to sample all the recipes, I'm also experimenting with new ones so there'll be more tasting. For someone who actually eats pretty clean normally, it's been kind of gross being so full of sugar and wheat, I've felt just so "wrong", and even my teeth were feeling awful.

I was superhealthy for the weekend, though, and the last couple of days have been a lot less sugary. My aim for this week is to eat regular meals (this is my first job with regular hours in seven years and I'm looking forward to having a routine for once). I know what I want to eat and when but I just have to make sure I'm prepared and also that I don't slip into my old habit of picking at food in work and then justifying it by skipping a meal later...

Exercise-wise, I've been pretty good, getting to the gym every day before or after work (4-5 times a week), doing Original TT and cycling 20 mins each way to and from work, at least.

I really want to achieve my goal of getting down to 17% body fat (from 153lbs to 138lbs) by Christmas. I have about a jillion reasons why, the trick is to remember what they are when the spoon full of brownie mixture is on its way to my mouth...

Good luck to everyone else in the contest, hope you're all looking forward to looking fab in less than 3 months!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Hi Emma!

It's uncomfortable at first, but ask yourself before everything you do (including the spoonful of brownie mix) "Is this going to take me closer or further away from my goals?". The truth is that it either will or won't. There's no middle ground.

Keep your eye on the prize - do everything you can to hit that mark. You can do this!

Keep us posted and journal here on the forum. Good luck to you!
Mike
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Welcome Emma, glad you made it here, stay strong and let us know how we can help.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 AM

Thanks guys :-) Mike, I've been asking myself that before eating anything, in combination with taking a sip of water first - the pause certainly stops me eating half as much as before, so thanks for that.

Also, I was thinking that I might try to squeeze some extra cardio in as I reckon that I'm eating about 300 cals worth of food per day in the tasting aspect of my job. I'm unwilling to cut back my normal food to compensate for those calories, I'd prefer to exercise to make up for it. I was thinking 30-40 mins of bodyweight cardio in the morning before breakfast, as it seems like the most time-efficient way of getting it in (running isn't really an option due to shin splints, I cycle everywhere anyway and swimming is too much hassle). I'm going to try it next week anyway, along with my last week of TT Original...
Old 10-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Administrator

You only need 20 minutes. No need to over do it.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM

So, I started TT Clash of the Titans today - love it already! Only did one round of each set (as advised) and am looking forward to doubling up next week and being seriously 'worked out'.

A punctured bike tyre means I'm walking everywhere instead of cycling - nice for a change but makes my life waaaaay too slow!

Diet-wise, still working on eating regular meals and not using skipping meals as an excuse for eating sugary stuff. First half of the day is fine, just need to get the second half under control. Generally, this is how I want to eat:

8.30 - protein and veg (e.g. 3oz cooked salmon and 3.5oz sauerkraut)
12.00 - 3 scrambled eggs with kale, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, onion, spices and a tablespoon of pesto.
16.00 - 7oz cottage cheese with 1.5oz frozen raspberries and 1oz grated carrot
19.00 - protein and veg (e.g. 2.5oz meatballs with 6 radishes and 1/3 cucumber)
23.00 - salad with sardines and veg (e.g. 1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes, 1/2 kohlrabi, cucumber, arugula)

I eat late because I finish work late, but the last two meals are the two that are likely to not get eaten due to too much tasting/snacking.

I measured myself yesterday and have lost 1.5 pounds and 1cm off my waist, belly and hips, so at least something is working!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma HTTF View Post
So, I started TT Clash of the Titans today - love it already! Only did one round of each set (as advised) and am looking forward to doubling up next week and being seriously 'worked out'.

A punctured bike tyre means I'm walking everywhere instead of cycling - nice for a change but makes my life waaaaay too slow!

Diet-wise, still working on eating regular meals and not using skipping meals as an excuse for eating sugary stuff. First half of the day is fine, just need to get the second half under control. Generally, this is how I want to eat:

12.00 - 3 scrambled eggs with kale, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, onion, spices and a tablespoon of pesto.
23.00 - salad with sardines and veg (e.g. 1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes, 1/2 kohlrabi, cucumber, arugula)

I eat late because I finish work late, but the last two meals are the two that are likely to not get eaten due to too much tasting/snacking.

I measured myself yesterday and have lost 1.5 pounds and 1cm off my waist, belly and hips, so at least something is working!
Hey..! Well done on the weight and cm loss.. for sure something is working. I was intrigued by the grated carrot with cottage cheese and berries. I love reading what everyone eats.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Congratulations, glad you are loving TT Clash. Great times.

Quote:

Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hey..! Well done on the weight and cm loss.. for sure something is working. I was intrigued by the grated carrot with cottage cheese and berries. I love reading what everyone eats.
Debz, the cottage cheese also has 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon and powdered ginger, also a dash of vanilla essence. And the raspberries are defrosted by the time I put them in. I was putting stevia in it but I forgot to bring it with me the last few times but it still tastes good - originally it was just the raspberries, cheese and stevia, until I was eating it while making carrot cake and thought 'hmmmmm, what if...?'. It tastes more like a dessert now than a healthy snack!

Day 2 of TT Clash today, squats/push-ups followed by 45secs on/45secs off intervals x 8 - couldn't have squeezed another interval out if I wanted to! Great feeling. I don't know if I'm in a minority here, but I love love love interval training, wish it was ok to do it every day... Also walked home (about 45 mins) from work as bike still not repaired.

Food-wise, not so bad, even got hungry in work at one point, which may not sound like such a big deal but it's definitely a good sign...

8.30 am - 3oz chicken + half avocado (1.5oz)
1.45 pm - 3 scrambled eggs with cauliflower, kale, zucchini, red onion, arugula, mixed lettuce, soy sauce
5.00 pm - cottage cheese etc
00.15 am - green salad with sardines, steamed broccoli and kohlrabi, radish and cucumber
Also including a cookie (finally perfected a recipe after 4 attempts, woooooo) and some other bits and pieces in work

Time for bed!

Last edited by Emma HTTF : 10-18-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
It tastes more like a dessert now than a healthy snack!
Don't you just love this...!!