TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 28th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Amazing advice, Craig. That response right there is worth more than you can imagine, Shawn.

I could not agree more with Craig. And on a side note, share your current journey (and struggles) with your clients and in your marketing.

Despite what you might think, people (especially women over 40) like the fact that you are going through the same struggles as them, and they love the fact that you are transforming your life and health right alongside them.

This is great stuff!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWoodrum View Post
Hey Shawn.

Great job, very proud of you.

Rest assured the FBBC was not doing a 6 week challenge for $25. The person more than likely misunderstood the challenge price. Most owners do $25 per week for the 6 weeks.

I could be wrong here, but I'd have a hard time believing they are offering 6 weeks for $25.

As for you, keep focusing on what you're doing. It's good to know about your competition and keep an "ear to the streets". But find your USP and be the best in your town at that.
I found out today it was just the marketing they used.They had it worded as 75% off only $25. It was not clear in the ad that it was per week. It really was $25 a week plus $25 registration fee. So total cost $175
Old 02-02-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Also, you should focus on the fact you are:

The Over-40 Female Fat Loss Expert

That's all your best clients anyway.

Bootcamp is for young people in their 20's and early 30's.

You are the ONLY expert in town that focuses on Female Fat Loss SPECIFICALLY for women over 40.

Talk about the hormones, the children, the aging, the slow metabolism, etc.

This is a USP that the customer cares about.

Hopefully you can get your money back from the person giving you free advice.
Thank you for the direction. I always appreciate your brutal honesty
Old 02-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawns711 View Post
I found out today it was just the marketing they used.They had it worded as 75% off only $25. It was not clear in the ad that it was per week. It really was $25 a week plus $25 registration fee. So total cost $175
Yup. That's what I figured.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:41 AM
Administrator

What's new, Shawn?
Old 02-07-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
What's new, Shawn?
I am taking to heart your advice and working on new marketing pieces. I am participating in the Fenton Community expo( March 4,5) and the goal is to get some laser targeted marketing material to hand out at the expo.Highlighting my expertise and work with women over 40.

I have results and pics from a six week contest and I plan to use the results from the challenge I am running currently. That challenge ends on the 3rd.

Personally, I have been doing great on my meals and workouts.(Down 6 pounds in the last month.) I did have an off day on Saturday's nutrition(50th Wedding Anniversary Party for my Aunt and Uncle) It was fun but emotional and the food choices were bad or don't eat...I ate...but it's done.
I am refocused on quality food and smaller portions.
I have a healthy meal in the slow cooker waiting for me when I get done with evening sessions.

Reading. I am almost finished with Overcoming Trauma through Yoga. I was doing a chapter a day but the chapter for clinicians is long. I will finish that chapter tomorrow.

Meditation is going great as well. Superbowl Sunday I went to a meditation class at Soul Yoga with my friend Lisa. It was interesting.I'm not sure if I will go again or not. There was chanting and even a gong.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:40 AM

Morning Meditation done
Workout Done
Off to yoga in about 15 minutes
I had a good breakfast portion controlled at 7 am.
Lunch after yoga.
My reading I will do after lunch.
I didn't sleep well last night. I went to bed on track for 6 hours of sleep but tossed and turned a lot so I may take a nap after I finish my daily reading.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Back on track!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:33 PM

I haven't updated in awhile.
I got in 3 TT workouts, 1 yoga session and a foam roll session.

I haven't been great with the eating but I haven't been out of control either. Absolutely room for improvement on the eating. I am working through it. I pick myself up and move on. That's it. I can't beat myself up. I did beat myself up the other day when I stepped on the scale. So silly. I know what matters is the work I am doing not the number on the scale.

I have been meditating daily and reading daily.

I am really liking the book "Women Food and God"
The author has been an 80 pound anorexic and gained 40 pounds in 2 months binging, She has a lot of profound wisdom in her writing.

here is a quote from the book:

"It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale. We are unrepeatable beings of light and space and water who need these physical vehicles to get around. When we start defining ourselves by that which can be measured or weighed, something deep within us rebels."

The book is very eye opening for me as one who has used food to numb my emotions for years. She has more books that I am going to put on my reading list. This book and the book "Lost and Found" also by Geneen Roth I ended up picking up at Borders a few years back when they were closing stores I got the hard cover $26 dollar books for close out of $3 a piece. Lost and found sub title is Unexpected Revelations About Food an Money. Because I have this book that is next on my reading list.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Good nutrition is dependent on proper planning. Make sure you do that!