TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 AM

Default Me too

Completing my first pull up is definately one of my goals for this year, i have a bunch of weight to lose and a long journey ahead of me to acheiving my first pull up.

Best of luck with your quest, i know you can do it.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
Hi Bev!

Great that you posted your goals! Good idea to have weekly goals too.

About pullup: the ultimate ladies challenge... It has also been a challenge for me forever... The muscle structure of ladies is just different, so one needs much less body weight to be able to do a pullup. I am not a weakling still I already gave up on this goal... but now you reminded me! So why not?! Lets go for it!
Two years ago I started to learn rock climbing, and I was confronted with the hindering of my overweight. My leg or arm can only pull up so much weight

I wish you to reach all your goals and have fun in the process!

Ariane
Hey Ariane!! Thank you for the message. I truly is hard to learn to incorporate the right muscles. I been working on it for probably a year (assisted) and I think I am just in the last couple months really feeling my back muscles. Yes lets not give up. We will do this challenge!! Oh i always wanted to go rock climbing.

Thanks for the support. It really encourages me!!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Same boat Bev. Assisted ones help, so do negatives. Work up to 10 seconds. When you can do that a pull up wouldn't be far behind. Good luck, Concetta
Wow I didn't realize many girls would have this goal. Thats awesome we can work on this together. Thanks for the tip. I have never done negatives, I will add this in!
Good luck to you also! We can do this!!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
concetta is a vet, here.......she'll help you get it done!!!!
Thanks Rob. I appreciate everyone's support. I look forward to us accomplishing this. Even if it takes longer than the 12 weeks.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
I am (somewhat) ashamed to say that as a 43 year old guy, I have never been able to - and still can't - do a pull-up. It's one of my goals for 2012 - to do at least one pull-up (losing the 70 or so extra pounds I'm carrying would be a good place to start!).

So, all I can say is, GO FOR IT!
Thank you for your support. Don't feel bad, I only know one man personally that can do pullups. That's my husband. And it took alot of work for him to do more than 4 and he isn't overweight. He can do 20+ now. He is my inspiration :-) You will get there and its something to look forward to. Never give up!!! Hopefully we will all accomplish this in 2012. Keep up the hard work and best of luck!! Thanks again
Old 06-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbruteforce View Post
Completing my first pull up is definately one of my goals for this year, i have a bunch of weight to lose and a long journey ahead of me to acheiving my first pull up.

Best of luck with your quest, i know you can do it.
Thank you!! With support here it is sure we will all do great. I am so encouraged. Thank you for all the support. I am so excited about our journey here. You can do this it just takes perseverance. I used to weigh 235 and I am down to 153 (have been 140 but it creeped back). It wasnt always easy but it was worth every bit of the work! I absolutely love being fit and healthy.
Stay strong and train hard. Thanks again!!
Bev
Old 06-05-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev1212 View Post
Thank you!! With support here it is sure we will all do great. I am so encouraged. Thank you for all the support. I am so excited about our journey here. You can do this it just takes perseverance. I used to weigh 235 and I am down to 153 (have been 140 but it creeped back). It wasnt always easy but it was worth every bit of the work! I absolutely love being fit and healthy.
Stay strong and train hard. Thanks again!!
Bev
the lighter you are, the easier it is!!!! LOL.........seems like the hardcore weightlifters are usually the ones that are not doing pullups or chinups.....the truth is, they probably cant...................235 to 153......that is GREAT, Bev! Keep'er up!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Good luck with your training and pull up goal, Bev! I'll be following along.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB

the lighter you are, the easier it is!!!! LOL.........seems like the hardcore weightlifters are usually the ones that are not doing pullups or chinups.....the truth is, they probably cant...................235 to 153......that is GREAT, Bev! Keep'er up!
Hahaha. Yes it is. ( love the humor . Very true. My husband would try their style workouts in the past and it never had pull ups. It wasn't what he needed either. We started p90x over a year ago and it did the trick.

Thank you I sure will!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymoses
Good luck with your training and pull up goal, Bev! I'll be following along.
Thank you so much. I need to find everyone's log to follow too. I've never been on a forum so helpful. I love it. I want to share the support!!!