TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 AM

Good deal, John........sometimes you need to retrofit a little.........Rob
Old 07-01-2012, 10:34 AM

Just finished a cheat day, I love them.....so today I'm fasting. I'm also switching TT routines. I've done 3 weeks of Muscle Massaccare and I'm ready for a change, I've never done a body weight program so I'm going to either do Bodyweight Cardio 5 or Backyard Buff Body.

Have any of you done either of these?

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 07-01-2012, 11:52 PM

Deary Bodyweight Workout,

I would like to sincerely apologize for ignoring you and doubting your effectiveness for the past 2 years. You have done well to make a lasting impression on me during our first visit and I assure you, I'll be visiting you much more often as our first meeting together was very invigorating. Thank you for your effectiveness. I look forward to our next meeting.

Yours Truely,

Humble Meathead

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 07-02-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Deary Bodyweight Workout,

I would like to sincerely apologize for ignoring you and doubting your effectiveness for the past 2 years. You have done well to make a lasting impression on me during our first visit and I assure you, I'll be visiting you much more often as our first meeting together was very invigorating. Thank you for your effectiveness. I look forward to our next meeting.

Yours Truely,

Humble Meathead
Nice apology, Humble Meathead!!!!!! I get Dr. Mercola's emails and have watched the entire interview....Dr. Robert Lustig is the one that "spurred" the 60 Minutes segment on that....really makes one think, as well.........Thank you!

Last edited by RobB : 07-02-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Did workout A of Backyard Buff Body. Wow, what a surprise. It was a great and tough workout.

Tried getting my son to do it with me but it was too advanced for him. He went back to TT Beginner.

For some reason I always thought bodyweight workouts were what you do when you don't have equipment. It's a "crap" workout that's better than nothing and it's all you can do. I've been living both arrogantly and ignorantly. Bodyweight workouts can be and are killer!

My legs are screaming from the 1-legged squats. Today was an off day, although I worked my butt off moving 800lb round bales of hay into our barn. We're in a drought so stocking up on hay before it goes sky high and we have to eat our horses. If we resort to that you're all invited to the cookout.

Hope you're all doing well.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Did workout A of Backyard Buff Body. Wow, what a surprise. It was a great and tough workout.

Tried getting my son to do it with me but it was too advanced for him. He went back to TT Beginner.

For some reason I always thought bodyweight workouts were what you do when you don't have equipment. It's a "crap" workout that's better than nothing and it's all you can do. I've been living both arrogantly and ignorantly. Bodyweight workouts can be and are killer!

My legs are screaming from the 1-legged squats. Today was an off day, although I worked my butt off moving 800lb round bales of hay into our barn. We're in a drought so stocking up on hay before it goes sky high and we have to eat our horses. If we resort to that you're all invited to the cookout.

Hope you're all doing well.
I have been doing the one leg bench squats, using a wooden box a little higher than a bench...Tough to keep your balance and squat deep as well......
Old 07-03-2012, 03:49 PM

Going to post my numbers from my first Backyard Big Buff Baddy Daddy Workout. I'm interested to see how I improve (if I do).

TRX 1-Legged Squat 11 / 11/ 10
KB Swing (25lb) 19 / 19 / 18
TRX Spiderman PU 16 / 14 / 12
TRX Jackknife 14 / 18 / 18
Burpee / TRX Row Combo 7 / 8 / 7 (couldn't get the hang of this one, if I did only 1 row I wasn't feeling anything so I would do 5 consecutive rows and then a burpee. I was able to time it just right so that when the TRX handles swung back into position I was getting up from the burpee and ready to catch them. I have now renamed this the "Indiana Jones" move. I will send Craig an email and ask for royalties for the name.)
TRX Mt Climber 20 / 26 / 30
TRX Plank 40 / 30 / 35 (these are really hard with your feet in the straps)

Instead of shuttle runs I ran hill sprints with my son. This old man kicked the youngin's butt.

Later today is workout B. Numbers to follow.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Going to post my numbers from my first Backyard Big Buff Baddy Daddy Workout. I'm interested to see how I improve (if I do).

Burpee / TRX Row Combo 7 / 8 / 7 (couldn't get the hang of this one, if I did only 1 row I wasn't feeling anything so I would do 5 consecutive rows and then a burpee. I was able to time it just right so that when the TRX handles swung back into position I was getting up from the burpee and ready to catch them. I have now renamed this the "Indiana Jones" move. I will send Craig an email and ask for royalties for the name.)

Instead of shuttle runs I ran hill sprints with my son. This old man kicked the youngin's butt.

KEEP ON A KICK'IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:

Great workout, fantastic effort. I'll have to look at the indiana Jones move!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:06 AM

Workout B of Backyard

Low Box Jumps 17 / 18 / 18
TRX Dip 11 / 12 / 12 (looking at the exercise pics I did this wrong, instead of feet under me they were in front so I worked tris instead of chest)
Lunge Jump 26 / 30 / 30
Renegade Row 18 / 20 / 20
CS Goblet Squat 16 / 16 / 16
TRX Tre Ext 10 / 8 / 8
TRX Bi Curls 11 / 11 / 10
Get-ups 4 / 4 / 4
TRX Pike 10 / 8 / 10
TRX Ab Fallout 8 / 9 / 8

Again, instead of shuttle runs, did hill sprints with my son. He beat me the first 2 and then I came back and took the last 3. I only did 5 sprints as my legs are still screaming from the 1-legged squats and then add the box jumps and lunge jumps to that. I had my son do 6 more.

Rest day with good, clean food and then ready for C tomorrow. Have a safe and happy 4th everyone.