TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 08:57 AM

Default So Grateful

I am so glad there is going to be a fifteen. Who knows what Craig has up his sleeve for future challenges, but I've got a number of folks that are raring to go under the present format.

As far as the studio goes, we could open today, but I need to have inspections done. I'm a little scared. What if I forgot something? What if the inspector looks around and thinks, "I just know that as soon as I leave she's going to throw down extension cords and put up illegal signs and unsafe lighting". Van says I'm projecting and being way too overdramatic. Yep, that's my nature. One of my most constant fears is being judged and found wanting. The very word "Inspection" freaks me out. The fact remains though: no inspection, no occupancy permit, no business license, no Gordon Studio. It's going to be fine. We're going to pass, and if the fire extinguisher is in the wrong place they'll show us where to put it.

I have exactly two weeks 'till my first TT class, and I'm finishing up the design for the first four weeks. We'll be doing a full body warmup- to music of course, and then each trainee will have a "Wate Bar" to use while doing the Big Five: Push, Pull, Squat, Lift, and Plank. Of course lunge will be in there too. Then we'll switch to intervals, and finally cool down and stretch. One of the challenges I've faced is that people generally expect a group training class to last a full hour, but I am convinced that a shorter session is optimal. The solution? The final 15 minutes will focus on mobility, balance, and flexibility. These are areas where I have extra skills as a choreographer so I might as well use them!

Have all of you noticed that the trend in fitness seems to be "Harder! Faster! More intense!"? And have you noticed like me that some of these folks are getting "Narrower" but none of them are getting any hotter, or happier for that matter? I aim to address that.

By the way, it is so nice to have this forum as a place where I can be honest about my fitness opinions. I am determined to attract clients by talking up what's good about my programs, not talking down what's popular elsewhere. Besides, it's a small world and an even smaller town I live in.

Keep rocking 14 to the end people!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 AM

I agree with your husband........you will be just fine..........congratulations on your new business venture!!!! Rob (keep us posted on how things are going!)
Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 PM

Catherine, congratulations and good luck with Gordon Studio. You can do it!
Concetta
Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 AM

Default We Passed!

We passed our inspection, and we open Tuesday. One of my favorite quotes is, "We receive what we want for others" and I can imagine a better way to keep my transformation than to teach others how to do it too.

My husband reached his ultimate weight goal last week- 173 pounds at 6ft. tall, and he has visible abs and great guns for the first time at age 54. He was a skinny hard gainer all his life until he passed age 45, and he slowly put on 30 pounds of fat over the course of several years, but now his physique is the best it's ever been.

Over the past week as we've been doing the finishing touches at the studio several women over 40 have come in asking, "Can you help someone like me?" After seeing the latest over 40 contestants in #14, I'm even more convinced that I can. Diet alone may help some women lose weight, but many don't see any results at all no matter how much they cut calories. TT on the other hand is always effective- I've literally never seen it fail in anyone who sticks with it.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Awesome Catherine, contest 15 starts tomorrow, sept 2nd.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
We passed our inspection, and we open Tuesday. One of my favorite quotes is, "We receive what we want for others" and I can imagine a better way to keep my transformation than to teach others how to do it too.

My husband reached his ultimate weight goal last week- 173 pounds at 6ft. tall, and he has visible abs and great guns for the first time at age 54. He was a skinny hard gainer all his life until he passed age 45, and he slowly put on 30 pounds of fat over the course of several years, but now his physique is the best it's ever been.

Over the past week as we've been doing the finishing touches at the studio several women over 40 have come in asking, "Can you help someone like me?" After seeing the latest over 40 contestants in #14, I'm even more convinced that I can. Diet alone may help some women lose weight, but many don't see any results at all no matter how much they cut calories. TT on the other hand is always effective- I've literally never seen it fail in anyone who sticks with it.
Congratulations Catherine........if I was close, I would love to see your place and the Grand Opening!!! Rob
Old 09-01-2012, 06:46 PM

You never know Rob. Besides, Sonora is known as one of the gateway cities to Yosemite- another good reason to visit.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post

I'm so excited for you!

Mikey
Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 AM

Hi Catherine,

I was so happy to read you are opening your studio....Good for you, you deserve a place of your own, where you can do what you do best, help
to motivate other women to realise their fitness and health goals.

Good Luck Catherine..
Ma