TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 08:11 PM

Default Trainer Shape Thyself

Hooray for contest #16!

What a challenge it is to stay lean while running a business- even a fitness business.

Shopping, cooking, and my own training can become less than optimal because I tell myself that my student's needs come before my own.

Also, the sheer amount of time I spend moving lulls me into a false sense of security about how much I can eat while still releasing fat.

Still, I look and feel pretty good for the day after Christmas. I do feel poised to get to my goal weight of 117 pounds at around 20% body fat. That's what I weighed at the end of contest #9 so I know I can do it.

My biggest obstacles are the tendency to fool myself and say things like- "I've got plenty of time if I start eating well tomorrow." Rarely if ever true.

Best tip right now? Get the good food in before you even think of eating something else. I know I'm stealing this phrase from someone, but here goes:

If you're not hungry enough to eat healthy food, you're not really hungry.

So personally, if I haven't eaten my vegetables and salads, I've got no business stealing Van and Colin's sweets.

Pictures, measurements, and goals coming right around January 2nd.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM

Good luck Catherine!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 PM

Hope you kick some major butt Catherine. All the best.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Administrator

well said.

I think Michael Pollan in food rules mentioned something about you need to be hungry enough to eat an apple. that's real hunger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hooray for contest #16!

What a challenge it is to stay lean while running a business- even a fitness business.

Shopping, cooking, and my own training can become less than optimal because I tell myself that my student's needs come before my own.

Also, the sheer amount of time I spend moving lulls me into a false sense of security about how much I can eat while still releasing fat.

Still, I look and feel pretty good for the day after Christmas. I do feel poised to get to my goal weight of 117 pounds at around 20% body fat. That's what I weighed at the end of contest #9 so I know I can do it.

My biggest obstacles are the tendency to fool myself and say things like- "I've got plenty of time if I start eating well tomorrow." Rarely if ever true.

Best tip right now? Get the good food in before you even think of eating something else. I know I'm stealing this phrase from someone, but here goes:

So personally, if I haven't eaten my vegetables and salads, I've got no business stealing Van and Colin's sweets.

Pictures, measurements, and goals coming right around January 2nd.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:23 PM

Great to see back for this contest. I hope you had a great Xmas and happy new year to you.

Find me on Facebook
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Default To Shoot or Not to Shoot?

So it's Sunday morning and I'm still bloated from the sins of the past three weeks. Pardon the drama, but from the day I took my after photo on Friday the 14th of December I've been playing with fire. Use your imagination on the food, but the most serious "fire" here is the one or two big glasses of wine a night that I've been enjoying lately.

My drinking hasn't gotten out of hand, but it has lowered my energy, my productivity, and my resistance to trigger foods.

My thinking, after the extraordinary success of my students, was that life is so good that I can ease up and enjoy wine again. Hmmm. I guess. Then again, here I sit at 10 pounds above my goal weight, and I have a book about transformation that is literally finished, I've even had the first 5 preliminary copies printed and delivered to me, but I don't have the confidence to truly finish it.

You see, the only task left to do for the book is the demonstration photos for the exercise programs I've designed. (Based on TT of course.)

I just don't feel that my figure is good enough to shoot these photos.

So here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to suck it up and schedule the photo shoot with my favorite photographer anyway. So there. So be it.

Besides, what Sandra, Melanie, and Melinda taught me during the last contest was that it's not about how I look. It's about how I train, coach, and inspire.

So yes, I'm doing the photo shoot.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
So it's Sunday morning and I'm still bloated from the sins of the past three weeks. Pardon the drama, but from the day I took my after photo on Friday the 14th of December I've been playing with fire. Use your imagination on the food, but the most serious "fire" here is the one or two big glasses of wine a night that I've been enjoying lately.

My drinking hasn't gotten out of hand, but it has lowered my energy, my productivity, and my resistance to trigger foods.

My thinking, after the extraordinary success of my students, was that life is so good that I can ease up and enjoy wine again. Hmmm. I guess. Then again, here I sit at 10 pounds above my goal weight, and I have a book about transformation that is literally finished, I've even had the first 5 preliminary copies printed and delivered to me, but I don't have the confidence to truly finish it.

You see, the only task left to do for the book is the demonstration photos for the exercise programs I've designed. (Based on TT of course.)

I just don't feel that my figure is good enough to shoot these photos.

So here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to suck it up and schedule the photo shoot with my favorite photographer anyway. So there. So be it.

Besides, what Sandra, Melanie, and Melinda taught me during the last contest was that it's not about how I look. It's about how I train, coach, and inspire.

So yes, I'm doing the photo shoot.
Hi Catherine

I didn't know you were writing a book. That's really great.

I would just go for it with the photo shoot as well. We're always our own worse critic, and there's always room for improvement, but then how much is enough? You look great and I think you should go for it.

Congrats on all of your success.

Pete
Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 AM

Hi Catherine,

wish you all the best with the contest and may you reach your goals!

Thanks for the eating tip, it is very useful. Trying to do the same

Quote:
Hooray for contest #16!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM

Well, Catherine......it is probably one of those "deals" where you are 10 pounds above your goal, but nobody would know that, but you......small stuff...........dont sweat it!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 PM

Default Here with Sandra

Hi All, I'm showing Sandra around the forum today. She won a membership, so it's time to use it! Have a great day.