TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 05:06 PM

Default Better Late Than Never...back at the Sugar Shack

A little about me. I have been around TT for quite some time. I will turn 59 in little more than a week after the conclusion of this contest. I live in the midwest, USA....like the summers; dont care for the bitter winters.
5’8”
155 lbs.
My high weight was 236 lbs, “back in the day”; the fat kid that got picked last for kickball or whatever game we were playing. Quit smoking 27 years ago, in March and got into shape for my employment and have been working at it, ever since.

I was diagnosed two years ago with micro tears in the lateral ligament of my left knee. It does not bother me to run on it – orthopedic doc said it was the product of “age” Then, what I thought was a muscle pull, was finally diagnosed (via X ray) as arthritis in my left hip, this last December 22. Then I went to my daughter's in Phoenix (had never been there in the 4 years she has lived there) - climbed Camelback mountain on Christmas Eve (her birthday) and went sky diving on Christmas Day. Also did Pilates and Hot Yoga in between...all new stuff for me!

So, you learn to learn to live with the minor aches, pains and intricacies of life.

Currently doing TT2k3. Tweaked my back somehow, while doing intervals on the bike, on Tuesday.....so I am trying to figure out when I can "get back at it".

A few things I have learned along the way:
TT is all you need to stay in shape.
Set Goals.
Don’t diet. DO lifestyle change.
Don’t overthink things.
Everyone is different. Experiment-see what works for YOU.
Accept the things you can not change and change the things you can.
More is NOT usually better (as it applies to how often and how much you work out).
READ Craig’s Quick Important Tip of the Day- Every day.
All the folks on the forum are a GREAT source of inspiration and motivation.
Discipline is the Bridge between Goals and Accomplishment.
Be consistent- (not a problem with workouts (for me), but often with nutrition).
These are just a few, and oh ya, DON’T EVER, EVER, GIVE UP!

Long Term Fitness Goals: All the following should be prefaced by the words “I WILL”
Stay in shape for my employment.
Stay in shape for my retirement.
Stay in shape for my family, especially my Grandchildren.
And NOT in a ROUND shape! LOL

Short Term Fitness Goals:
Conquer the SUGAR addiction (currently on Day 42, without)
Get rid of my muffin top, (which has been a difficult undertaking).
Control my after dinner eating.
Eat as clean as possible.

Well, I have rambled on enough. Good luck to everyone in the contest!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DW8ecqu0Iw the Sugar Shack song.
Rob

Last edited by RobB : 04-04-2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:22 PM

What muffin top? Good luck in TT14. We have the knowledge, we need more practice. We can do it. Concetta
Old 05-31-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
What muffin top? Good luck in TT14. We have the knowledge, we need more practice. We can do it. Concetta
It's there. I am no "tech" guy. I never know if the pics will load or not load or why they are big or small. In this case, they are mostly small except a couple of the older ones..........anyhow, yep, we can do it, concetta!! Thanks....Rob
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 PM

Good luck Rob and thanks for your support on my thread. You've been very supportive and encouraging!

Are you from Iowa (the newspaper)?

I'm a Brit but my wife is from Iowa.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganHK View Post
Good luck Rob and thanks for your support on my thread. You've been very supportive and encouraging!

Are you from Iowa (the newspaper)?

I'm a Brit but my wife is from Iowa.
Yes sir, I am.......Thanks...and good luck to you!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:22 AM

FRIDAY: Treadmill INTERVALS & Walk
June 1, 2012.

5 minute warm-up @ 4.0 mph / Everything @ 3.0% grade
(8) Intervals of 45 sec's at 8.5 mph / with active rest intervals of 45 sec's @ 3.2 mph.
Walk min 20-50 @ 4.0 mph
Min 50-60 @ 3.6 mph
& min 60-65 @ 3.2 mph

TOTAL: 65:00 mins / 4.66 mi / 642 cals
Kind of a maiden voyage, since my back issue on Tuesday. Will start over with Week 3 of TT2k3, next week, if all goes well.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:25 AM

Hey Rob:

Great that a TT superstar is entering the contest!! You've been such an inspiration to so many of us - always there to offer some wise advice.

Day 42 of no sugar is impressive. I will also set a goal to incorporate your "no eating after dinner" to my own plan. Those after dinner calories are definitely ones I can do without.

Will definitely be following your progress...
Old 06-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Hey Rob:

Great that a TT superstar is entering the contest!! You've been such an inspiration to so many of us - always there to offer some wise advice.

Day 42 of no sugar is impressive. I will also set a goal to incorporate your "no eating after dinner" to my own plan. Those after dinner calories are definitely ones I can do without.

Will definitely be following your progress...
Well,kerry, I think you have/had the sugar issue as well. Now that I have had a somewhat long streak, I will keep it going. Working on the "eating after dinner" part. Gotta have a little more discipline in that area. We just keep working at it.............Have a great weekend............Rob
Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 PM

In May, I was 31 for 31 with no sugar, but 17 out of 31 days I overdid my cals. The amount over was 7452 or an average of 438 cals a day over my "limit" and 99% of that, is either for dinner in the evening (or supper as many refer to it) and then the after dinner eating.........kinda shows where my problem is at.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:37 PM

valuable insight; knowing where those extra cals come from is the first step toward getting rid of them.