TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 PM

Default Cesium's final entry

When I used to look in the mirror, what I saw was never quite right. On the one hand, I was "too fat" and all I saw was loose skin and stretch marks from my pregnancies, then I would lose weight and become "too skinny" and would set out to gain weight.

After the last contest I entered, I decided I needed to gain 5-10 lbs. In the process, I gained some very bad eating habits (like late night snacking and large portions), along with about 20 lbs. This contest was for losing that excess 5-10 lbs, but in a healthy way.

Could my transformation have been more spectacular? Maybe, but I would have had to sacrifice my goals. This contest was about losing the "contest mentality". This was about lifestyle goals. I just wanted to work out hard, eat healthfully and mindfully, and not neurotically count every calorie. I broadened my diet horizons and began trying new things, like making more vegetarian meals. I also enjoyed some of my favorites, like tacos and pizza – but in moderation. Sometimes as a healthier version, sometimes as a treat meal.

During this contest, I had an epiphany while I was at the gym. A “skinny” girl got on the treadmill next to me and entered her weight into the machine. I was surprised that she weighed EXACTLY the same as I did. My brain really thought about that one…If I think she looks good…and she’s the same weight as me…hmmm….maybe I really look OK!

I learned many other things during this contest as well, such as:

…there’s more to post-workout nutrition than whey protein powder.
…take a day off from training…and mean it!
…it’s OK to feel a little hungry every once in a while. I don’t have to snack at night.
…I really like asparagus!

I am happy with my results and am exactly where I want to be. I lost the weight safely, over a reasonable amount of time, in a healthy way. My clothes fit better and I feel great! Over the 12 weeks I lost 9.2 pounds, 2.3% bodyfat, 2 inches from my waist, and 2.5 inches from my abdomen (at navel).

I used 3 great TT workouts:

TT for Athletes (phase 1)
TT for Mass @ Home
Original TT for Abs

I saw such great results with that last program that now I sound like an infomercial – I got my abs back in 4 weeks thanks to TT for Abs! I also used 3 Minute Arms and 6 Minute Abs sprinkled in here and there.

Final Stats:

Start (08/31/09)
Height: 5' 7.75"
Weight: 146.6 lbs
BF%: 21.4% (handheld omron)
Chest: 34.25"
Waist: 29"
Navel: 32.25"
Hips: 36"
Thigh: 19.5"
Calf: 14.5"

Finish (11/22/09)
Height: 5' 7.75"
Weight: 137.4 lbs
BF%: 19.1% (handheld omron)
Chest: 32.5"
Waist: 27"
Navel: 29.75"
Hips: 34.75"
Thigh: 18.75"
Calf: 14.25"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT6 final front combined 2.jpg (92.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg TT final back combined.jpg (92.4 KB, 93 views)

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey

Last edited by cesium0122 : 12-11-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 PM

Well, it is time to pull the plug on the TC6 Contest, which coincidentally began on my 56th birthday.

I didn’t really have a body transformation as much as a mind transformation, which is still a work in progress. I am continually watching what I eat and trying to fend off the sugar demons at night.

I haven’t had a lot of time to post, except for my workouts, which I do from home or right after I get to work. As I had posted somewhere on here, my 7 year old granddaughter’s mother, was killed in a motor vehicle accident 2 days before Halloween. My son wanted his daughter, even though the mother and her husband had a five year old, together. She came to live with him, on Thanksgiving Day. My son works 4 days a week/10 hrs, so she comes here (early) and then goes to school. He is also due to be deployed next fall with 3500 other members of the Iowa National Guard, to Afghanistan. Long story, short- this changes everything. But, he, she and we are adapting well.

I like the TT workouts. They can be molded to anyone’s abilities, and I like Craig’s Tips of the Day. I always take a look there, if I don’t get anywhere else on the site. I have one printed out and in my notebook and that one is:

80% OF YOUR RESULTS COME FROM 20% OF YOUR EFFORTS-SO WHY DO ENDLESS AMOUNTS OF CARDIO AND REDUNDANT STRENGTH EXCERCISES? DO ONLY WHAT YOU NEED TO AND GET OUT OF THE GYM.

I still probably do “more” than I should, but at my age I think I am finally starting to get through my head, to listen to my body. I have had bouts of tendonitis in my elbow and minor knee pains. Those kinds of things remind me to take it a little easier, when I need to.
During this contest I have used the following workouts: TT for Mass – Apr 07 program, TT Jacked and Lean Meatheads and the TT2k8.

My bottom line in all of this is to make a lifestyle change that I can live with for the long run. It is always going to be a work in progress, though. Everybody that worked hard and worked with intensity are winners in this contest, no matter who gets the big prize. Good luck to everyone, now and in the future.

Life is short. Enjoy it!

Excuse the photo. Got a new computer with a built in web cam and used it to take the photos.................

Rob

Last edited by RobB : 12-11-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:35 PM

Default Jori Neys TC#6 (9/13/06 to 12/5/06)

I clearly remember my decision to commit to the TT workouts. I was standing in the locker room of my local gym and looked in the mirror to discover that I had some back fat visible over my sports bra. I had to tug & pull at it to re-adjust it so that the lumps weren’t so visible through my work out top. It was at that point that I decided something needed to change and I committed myself to my first TT contest, which was TC#4. The challenge of the contest and the thought of “what better shape could I get into?” brought me back for TC#6.

After having completed TC #4 (and shedding some of the back fat), I settled in for the summer, not really paying strict attention to what I ate or drank. I continued with the TT workouts and in spite of my not-so-great nutrition, my weight didn’t really go up more than a few pounds. But, when I looked in the mirror, I could tell that I wasn’t in the shape that I wanted to be in yet. When I measured my body fat, it just re-confirmed my belief that I could be in better shape. I was still doing the TT work outs, but only seemed to be holding steady in terms of weight & body fat and that showed me just how important nutrition is in getting into and staying in shape.

Before I started using TT, I thought I was in shape. I worked out regularly doing long, boring cardio and some weight lifting. But, boy was I ever wrong! Now, since starting TT I have gained strength by leaps and bounds over where I was at before I started using it and have truly surprised myself with the things that I can now do. One year ago, I never dreamed of being able to do a chin up, even though I lifted weights regularly. I thought that was something that “regular” women couldn’t do. In fact, I couldn’t even do one when I did try. Now, with TT in my corner, that’s no longer an un-realized dream for this 42 year old “regular” mom of 2 young kids!

This contest has been about finding balance for me. I really tried to focus on my nutrition, making sure that I ate healthy foods. For the most part, I did eat healthy, nutritious foods, but on occasion, I had some “cheats” of some things that are not so healthy. However, I focused on keeping that to a minimum percentage of my total calories.

Now, I can honestly say that I am currently in better shape than I have ever been in my whole life, thanks to TT and the past 12 weeks. The workouts that I followed during this contest were:

1) Jacked & Lean
2) Reformed Meathead Fat Burning
3) Gain Muscle & Lose Fat

Here are my statistics:
Starting Ending: Change:
Weight 130 lbs 123lbs -7lbs
Body Fat 24.5% 21.1% -3.4%
Chest 35in 34 1/4in -3/4in
Left Arm 10 3/4in 10 1/4in -1/2in
Right Arm 10 1/2in 10 1/4in -1/4in
Waist 27 3/4in 26 3/4in -1in
Butt 38 1/4in 37in -1 1/4in
Thigh 22 1/2in 20 3/4in -1 1/4in
Calf 13 1/4in 12 3/4in -1/2in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front1.jpg (90.1 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg Paper finish.JPG (87.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg side.jpg (88.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg gflex1.JPG (63.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg xbackgood1.jpg (87.3 KB, 62 views)
Old 12-05-2009, 09:46 PM

Ma TC6 9-7-09------11-29-09

I am writing this Essay on my 75th Birthday--28th Nov 09

Do I feel 75 No
Do I look 75 Maybe LOL!!
It doesn't matter how I look. What matters is
how well I function and am able to do Turbulence
workouts, with intensity and good form.

This is the 3rd. TT Contest I have participated in and after
one I am happy to say I am fitter, healthier and definitely stronger
Strength
As far as my strength goes, I can Squat 135 lbs for 6-8 reps, I
Deadlift 120 lbs for 6-8 reps, I do Cleans,Lunges,Pushups, but the
Pullup has been and is my nemesis. I can pull myself halfway up but
can"t make it all the way unassisted, frustrating, aaarrgh!!!!!This
is a goal I will and must fulfill.

Motivation
We all it is not easy to get and stay motivated. Doing the contests
has helped me to motivate myself to get early,train clients, do my
workout and teach classes which include Bootcamp, which I purchased
from Craig. They, the Bootcamp classes are so well structured and the
format so well laid out that makes them extremely effective to teach,
not to mention the benefits to the campers themselves, fast fat loss and
strength gains,being fitter than they could ever imagine, is feedback I
get.
On a personal and humorous level,my soon to be 11yr. old grandson said to me,
"Grammy, you are real fit,so keep working out so you can babysit my kids, like
you do me and Rachael" (sis). Motivation, I'll say and will give it a go...

Nutrition
I ate very well during the contest, plenty of lean proteins, fresh vegetables
fruits and nuts, salads, used Olive oil for cooking, red potatoes, sweet potatoes,
brown rice, oatmeal,I did use protein drinks with1Tbs, olive oil added as snacks
because of the convenience it afforded me while working..I kept my nutrition pretty
strict, which was half the battle.Nutrition, contrary to what most people think, is
about 75 to 80% of the equation. It is not easy to pass up the goodies all the time,
one just has to ask oneself,will I feel better or not if I eat this and of course, we
know that answer.. Mindset is very important here.

Planning
I planned my menu weekly, shopped for fresh vegetables and fruit 2-3 times a week,washed
and prepared vegetables and salad ingredients, cooked meats,chicken, Turkey or beef burgers
in advance and always had a pound of ground round cooked for breakfast along with eggwhites
and oatmeal.

The workouts I used were
TT for Meatheads,4 weeks of 8 weeks for Mass, TT Tk9 Fusion. I also did a pilates class.
3 min. arms and 6 min Abs.

I could have not done this without my husband's support,the support I got from other members
on the forums,or the helpI got from my trainer and friend Darrell Lutz.
Last but not least, thank you Craig for all the wonderful workouts and encouragement you give us all.

Start weight 130 End weight 118
Chest 36 Chest 34&3/4
Waist 27 & 1/2 Waist 26
Hips 37 Hips 35
Bodyfat 19% Calipers Bodyfat 14%, My trainer who is a certified strength coach measured and did Bodyfat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC61a.JPG (67.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg TC62.jpg (40.3 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg TC63.jpg (41.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg TC64.jpg (39.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg TC66.jpg (39.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 12-05-2009, 09:50 PM

The rest of my pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC67.jpg (40.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg TC657.jpg (43.0 KB, 55 views)
Old 12-06-2009, 06:36 PM

This challenge was going to be about balance for me; I wanted to lose a few pounds while eating well but fitting in some treats, plus of course doing TT workouts. Instead, it became a lesson in stress management - specifically that I'm not always very good at it!

I did reasonably well during the first 6 weeks of this challenge, but I took several big steps backwards in the next 4 weeks. My job has been very stressful all year, but everything came to a peak in November with a software transition. I taught five 2-day training classes, trained about 50 people total, and dealt with other crises during breaks and lunch every day. I ate terribly during that time, but I did keep up with TT workouts simply because they are one of my main stress reliefs. As they say, you can't out-train a bad diet, and my pants got tighter instead of looser. The whole time, I knew what I was doing, I just couldn't find the strength to care. Now at day 84, I'm maybe in the same place as day 1, maybe slightly further backwards.

I almost didn't officially complete this challenge; in fact it was only after encouragement from other members that I decided I needed to. As always, the other members here are invaluable for support and encouragement! I love the TT workouts but even when I try a different workout for a few weeks, I still come here for the support.

I'm not happy with how I've done during these 12 weeks, but I'm trying my hardest to not feel negative either. I'm really glad I did take pictures today, because they put an end to this chapter and that'll help me move on and do what I need to do now.
I've been slowly getting back on track over the last 2 weeks; perhaps another lesson from this challenge is that you can't ever give up! 4 weeks of bad eating seems terrible to me, and that's a good thing because it means I'll never let it stretch on and become 4 years of bad eating. My job is going to continue to be very stressful for at least a couple of months, plus the usual holiday stress, but I'm back in control.

I'm also glad I took pictures because that forced me to look at myself, and I remembered that I am in ok shape - not thin and not where I want to be, but compared to where I once was, I'm doing fine. And after doing TT workouts for the last 2 years, I feel strong - I love being able to do pushups and chinups and run up a flight of stairs without really even noticing the effort.
I'm including a picture in my regular workout outfit; I was just testing the camera, but I like the picture, I think I look strong and confident and I like the idea that that's who I am.

I completed the January 2009, October 2009 and Big 5 (May 2008) workouts during this challenge, and I loved them all. I did all of the strength training but missed just a few of the intervals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FrontSmall9-14-09.JPG (89.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg FrontSmall12-6-09.JPG (75.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg FrontSmallWorkoutOutfit.JPG (96.3 KB, 39 views)

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 12-07-2009, 07:29 PM

Default Crystal's "Change, nothin' stays the same" results

Well, here goes. I’ve been putting off writing this essay and posting my pictures on the “official results page” for no good reason. I think I made some pretty good changes, but the numbers don’t really show anything outstanding. Like many of the competitors this time around, this was a mental challenge for me. When I started this contest, I had just left my husband of 8 years and filed for a divorce. I took my dog and cat and moved in with my parents into their household of 2 dogs and 3 cats, so we have a bit of a full house! I knew that the hardest part of these 12 weeks was going to be finding the right balance to keep me focused but not stressed out…to make me stronger mentally and physically so that I could weather any storm…to make me feel like a million bucks again and look like it too. I think I accomplished that!

My main goal when entering the contest was to find the right balance in my food and workouts that was something that I could maintain for a lifetime instead of skipping from one contest to the next and letting myself go in between. I knew I needed a good balance of good food versus treats and good workouts versus rest days. In short, I needed to gain control of my life again for ME, not anyone else. To that end, I had several goals:

Goals
1. Drop 1 pant size and about 10 pounds of fat
2. Increase number/difficulty of pull-ups (using the weighted pull-up machine at the gym)
3. Eat well 90% of the time, allowing 2-3 treats per week.
4. Get in at least 3 workouts a week
5. Prepare for my first 5K RUN (I've walked them before)

I enlisted several strategies in order to achieve my goals. I set up tracking sheets to help me utilize each strategy in working toward my goals.

Strategies
1. Keep calories around 1700 per day
2. Keep track of how many treats I have per week
3. Print out a 5K training plan and follow it to the best of my ability
4. Post meals and workouts here EVERY day to help me follow my plan
5. Find something to relieve stress (maybe a massage once a month)

I’m happy to report that not only did I meet most of my goals, I blew through number 5 like nobody’s business!!!! My first 5K was a wonderful success and I came very close to my goal time. I would have made it if I hadn’t had to wade through all the people at the beginning of the race. I felt so strong and confident during the last 100 meters that I was able to sprint through the finish line at full tilt!!

Although I stuck to my strategies the majority of the time, I discovered really late in the game that the 1700 calories per day was really too many for my goal of dropping fat. I dropped it down to 1500 for the last 2 weeks of the contest and started seeing a lot of good results that will carry over into my next phase of fat loss. Because of this late realization, I didn’t meet my goal of 10 pounds of fat loss, but I did go shopping after the end of the contest and I can proudly say I can wear size 8’s now!!!

The workouts have been harder for me to fit in, but I did so around my 5K training schedule. Most weeks, I was able to get at least 3 workouts a week in, including my 5K training. I had to join a gym since the full house doesn’t really allow room for my TT at home. That was a tough adjustment since I hadn’t really worked out at a gym in over 10 years! I survived that change as well, though, and now I really enjoy the looks I receive as I’m lifting in the “man section” of the gym (that’s the free weight section where the majority of the users are men).

For those of you who enjoy the numbers, here they are:

Before
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 157.2 pounds

Body fat: 30.8%
Fat pounds: 48.4
LBM: 108.8 pounds

Neck: 12.5"
Bicep: 10.75"
Forearm: 9.25"
Chest: 37.75"
Waist: 35.5"
Hips: 41.5"
Thigh: 24"
Calf: 14"

After
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 152 pounds (-5.2 pounds)

Body fat: 30.0%
Fat pounds: 45.6 (-2.8 pounds)
LBM: 106.4 pounds (-2.4 pounds)

Neck: 12.5" (no change)
Bicep: 11.125" (+.375")
Forearm: 9.25" (no change)
Chest: 36.25" (-1.5")
Waist: 33.25" (-2.25")
Hips: 40.25" (-1.25")
Thigh: 23.25" (-.75")
Calf: 14.25" (+.25")

Total inches lost: 5.75"

This contest was all about creating a new life for myself and adapting to change. I’ve definitely done both and I am a happier, healthier person for it. I have my life back on the track of my choosing now and I’m in firm control of my own destiny. I don’t remember ever being quite so happy and in control of my life… and I’m enjoying the heck out of it!! Look out, TC7…here I come!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Final TC6 Front.JPG (29.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Final TC6 Back.JPG (26.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Final TC6 Side.JPG (19.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg small Iron Girl.jpg (29.2 KB, 23 views)

"Live for yourself...there's no one else more worth living for"

-Lyrics from "Anthem" by Rush
Old 12-09-2009, 02:17 PM

Thumbs up Amy's results for TC6

TC6 : Discipline and perseverance.

I did it!!! I finished TC6!!! This was my first contest ever, but certainly not my last one. My objectives were related to 2 qualities that I wanted to cultivate in my life : discipline and perseverance. When I started TC6 on September 6th, 2009, I decided that I was going to control my tendency to overeat and that I was not going to miss a workout. I figured that by the end of those 12 weeks, these two key points would allow me to drop 10 pounds of fat.

Well, the truth is that my life was much less predictable than I expected during those 3 months. A difficult recovery after a lazer eye surgery forced me to stop my workouts for 4 weeks, the influenza forced me to stay in bed for an additional week and complications in my love life made it even harder to stick to my goals. For the past 12 weeks, sleep deprivation and irregular schedules were the only constant in my life.

So TC6 slowly took on a new significance. Since I could not workout as much as I had planned, I decided to focus on my diet instead. TC6 became a way for me to increase my awareness with regards to my food intake. Since I was told that « we can’t out-train a bad diet » and that nutrition has a huge influence on our body fat level, I decided to prove that by controlling my food intake, I could continue to drop fat even if I could not workout as much as I had hoped.

So I made sure that I was eating at least 4 to 5 meals a day, each containing mostly proteins and complex carbs. However, I discovered that the hardest period of the day was after supper : I could not stop eating rice cakes! I discovered that stress had a terrible influence on my food intake. Nevertheless, I still got some neat results because I cut a lot of fat and simple carbs from my diet.

In terms of workouts, I used the « Fusion Fat Loss » (Advanced) and the « Buff Dudes Hot Chicks » workouts to build muscle. I also used the « Hotel Room workouts » a few times to get back into it when I was stuck at home, recovering from my operation or from the flu.

So here are my results :

Height / age : 5’1 / 27 years old

Start (06/09/09) to Finish (28/11/09)

Weight : 117,65 lbs to 113,70 lbs (-3,95 lbs)
BF% : 29,04% to 25,95% (-3,09%)
Neck : 12 to 12
Shoulders : 38 to 36 (-2 inches)
Chest : 32,5 to 32 (-0,5 inches)
Biceps : 10,25 to 10,50 (+0,25 inches)
Waist : 28,5 to 27,5 (-1 inches)
Hips : 33,5 to 33 (-0,5 inches)
Butt : 35 to 34,25 (-0,75 inches)
Thighs : 19,75 to 20 (+0,25 inches)
Calves : 14,25 to 14,25

So these are my final results! I’m proud to announce that despite all of the problems I’ve faced, I still lost 3 inches and 4,66 pounds of fat in the last 12 weeks. Of course, if I had stuck to my diet and to my workout schedule, I would probably have achieved my objective of dropping 10 pounds of fat, but I’m still very proud of my hard work!

(I'll post my pictures in a few minutes)

Last edited by Amy18 : 12-09-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Default Amy's first pictures for TC6

These are the ones I took at the beginning of september.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Début 2.aspx.jpg (5.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Début 1.aspx.jpg (5.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Début 3.aspx.jpg (5.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-09-2009, 03:29 PM

Default Amy's final pictures for TC6

And these are the ones taken on november 28th. Not a lot of changes visible to the naked eye, but the stats indicate that a few changes actually took place...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fin 1.aspx.jpg (4.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Fin 2.aspx.jpg (5.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Fin 3.aspx.jpg (5.1 KB, 65 views)