TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
I can’t believe the 12 weeks of the contest are up. What a journey it has been! I have always loved reading the final essays from the TT contests and been amazed by the transformations. I am now amazed by my own transformation. It feels great to get to the end of the contest and realise that hard work and determination pay off. TT workouts combined with eating well works. No gimmicks, no quick fixes, just powering on through and making it a priority.

I stuck with the TT workouts 3 times per week but often I exercised 5-6 times per wk so making sure I did something on my ‘off’ days. I really enjoy the buzz from exercising and could not live without it. TT workouts are awesome as they are quick and get the job done. My diet consists of mostly natural, unprocessed foods ie -lean protein such as chicken, turkey and fish, tons of fruit and veg, low fat dairy products, nuts and nut butters, and wholegrains such as quinoa, oats, brown rice (included more so in the beginning of the contest). I did quite a bit of experimentation on the nutrition front. I tried ESE style fasts and the slow carb diet particularly in the last 6 wks of the contest. I had a cheat day or 2-3 cheat meals each wk. Feeling deprived is not an option for me.

This contest has shown me that I was never truly consistent in the past. Often I would get close to my goal weight but I would then let things slip and end up back at square one. I also think I have a tendency to self sabotage my efforts and go back to comfortable habits. So the first lesson I have learnt is consistency is essential!

The next major thing I have learnt is that support is necessary to keep me on track. The support I have received from the forum has been amazing; I can’t thank Craig enough for setting this up. I can honestly say I would not have stuck with the contest if it wasn’t for the brilliant support from other TTers . The words of wisdom from everyone are great to have at the touch of a button. I also really enjoyed picking people up when they were down. A lot of us seemed to hit a wall towards this 6 wk mark and it was nice to know other people were feeling the same as me and that we would get through it together.
The contest may be over but I feel this is only the beginning of a journey for me. I hope to continue progressing towards achieving my goals and to continue learning. I want to find a way to maintain my weight, be happy and healthy and in control over the choices I make. As well as this I want to help and support others in their weight loss journeys.

12 week results
Weight = 138 lbs - 12lbs (start 150 lbs)
Body fat percentage = 19.9% (start 25%) -5.1%

Measurements
Chest = 35 inches -3 (start 38)
Waist = 30 inches - 4.5 (start 34.5)
Hips = 35 inches - 2 (start 37)
Thigh = 19 inches -1.75 (start 20.75)
Arm = 10.25 inches -0.25 (start 10.5)
Just wanted to say to you that this is a beautiful reflection written by a beautiful young woman. Very, very sincere congratulations to you. To just think what happened to you at the turn of the new year, you have made massive strides, overcoming what would have prevented "ordinary" people from even starting such a fat loss mission. Well done Gillian.

You have made such a visible transformation, not only physically, but as you also say, psychologically too. I really believe that your self-sabotage days are now a thing of the past. You have personally been a source of great support to me and for that I'm very thankful to have "virtually" met you!

And your final stats, well they can put a lot of people in their place.

As Rachel said, you are serious competition for her!!! And for the others. Again, very well done, my young and beautiful friend.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 04-08-2011, 06:18 PM

Woo!!! Just saw your results! Amazing! You look FANTASTIC!!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 PM

Awesome results Gillian... congrats to you big time..You are going to have a great time in Spain.. enjoy!! Deb.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:37 PM

Thank you so much everyone for all your support and all your kind words.

Could not have done it without you ; )
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 04-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post
Just wanted to say to you that this is a beautiful reflection written by a beautiful young woman. Very, very sincere congratulations to you. To just think what happened to you at the turn of the new year, you have made massive strides, overcoming what would have prevented "ordinary" people from even starting such a fat loss mission. Well done Gillian.

You have made such a visible transformation, not only physically, but as you also say, psychologically too. I really believe that your self-sabotage days are now a thing of the past. You have personally been a source of great support to me and for that I'm very thankful to have "virtually" met you!

And your final stats, well they can put a lot of people in their place.

As Rachel said, you are serious competition for her!!! And for the others. Again, very well done, my young and beautiful friend.

Such a nice reply (blushing right now) Thank you so much Neilio I was showing my mum what you said and explaining how awesome you guys are. I really feel like I know you all even though we havent met. The support from everyone has been unbelievable.

Keep on rockin it!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 04-10-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
OH. MY. GOSH...

!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look AMAZING!!! You just posted up some SERIOUS competition for the U40 females!!

You must be sooo proud!! You definitely should be!!

Congratulations, girl!

(apparently my excitement manifests itself in !!!!!!!!!!!! too!!!!)
Aww shucks. thank you Rach.

Your transformation was amazing. I have showed all my friends and told them you did this even with a hectic job and busy life. You prove not 'having enough time' is the worst excuse in the book. Well done for sticking with the contest and gettin such awesome results!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
I was so glad to see that you had entered and your entry did not disappoint! You look brilliant!!! Love that back shot of yours. You can go on any beach safe in the knowledge that you're totally rocking that bikini!

Just brilliant. Congratulations!!!
Thanks Gerry!

You have been great support throughout the contest. It has meant so much. My before back shot makes me cringe so much but I'm glad now that I took it. Its not fun taking the before pics but it makes the after pics even more sweet.

We have had great weather this wkend. I was wearing my size 10 denim shorts that I couldnt do up in Jan before the contest. Felt comfortable and happy in my own skin. That feeling is priceless. So worth the past 12 weeks.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
Woo!!! Just saw your results! Amazing! You look FANTASTIC!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Awesome results Gillian... congrats to you big time..You are going to have a great time in Spain.. enjoy!! Deb.
Thanks Britt and Deb.

Well impressed by your transformations also.

Feels great to have finished the contest. We rock!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:16 PM

Had a great weekend with my parents.

Dad was happy Spurs won 3-2 on sat. They visited the tower of London today. The weather was awesome. I sun bathed on the common with friends on sat and sun. Went out for a few cheat meals with them and enjoyed a few vinos.

Got up today and ran to the gym. Did BDHC workout C then ran home. My face was bright red and the sweat was pouring off me. Great fun!

I'm ready to get back on it this wk and get to my goal of 9 stone 7lbs for my holiday in 5 weeks. I will keep posting on the forum to keep me on track.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Felt comfortable and happy in my own skin. That feeling is priceless. So worth the past 12 weeks.
What a great conclusion to this contest you have had...and what you mentioned above here...that's fantastic too. Great work you did and your pictures tell it!

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"