TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 AM

Default Lamest Excuse Ever...

Which would be the excuse of why I haven't started a thread here yet: I couldn't think of a good title!

Also because, frankly, I'm embarrassed. I've gained back so much of the weight I have lost. The past few months I went through a bit of a depression and became best friends with a certain boozy pirate. I used to drink once or twice a YEAR, now I was drinking every night.

But I'm one week into the contest and one week without any alcohol and I'm feeling great!!!

My start date was September 11 and my finish date will be December 3.

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 AM

There's been something in the water regarding weight gain...

Anyway, as many wise folks have said, it doesn't matter if you fall off the horse, what matters is you get back on and give it a good ole' giddyup. There will always be ups and downs but as long as an up follows the down there's nothing to fret over. What's done is done! (The baboon in the Lion King had a similar motto).

Anyhoo, congratulations on a successful first week This contest looks like it's going to be very competitive!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:32 AM

agree with what my young Scottish friend has just said.

Time to bring things back into focus and get that TT contest prize-winning figure back.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 AM

Well done for committing to the contest. No better time than now to get back into the swing of things.good luck!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 09-18-2011, 11:25 AM

Hi Abby, if anyone can do it, it's you..

I always enjoy reading your posts, not to mention the great recipes you come up with....more pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase....

So as Weety said, get back on the horse and start galloping!!!!!!You sure have the legs for it......

Cheers
Ma
Old 09-18-2011, 12:40 PM

Great to see another familiar face back around here .......

Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns

Roundballnz on Twitter, LJ, FB
Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Smile

Hi Abbie

welcome back, sure good to have you along partner!

you know what you need to do, now you just need to do it! And you know you can, well done on a fab first week.

Keep in mind those goals and you will reach them.

Keep smiling

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-18-2011, 07:55 PM

Hey there Abby,

So great to see you back. I had a look at your 1st TT contest way back when. Awwww, you have the cutest hairstyle I think I've ever seen. Revisited your last entry too oh Woman of Muscles,,, hehehehe. I hope you're still under 40yo, otherwise I've got some extra tough competition this time,,, as if it's not tough enough already. I know of one lady who has done soooo well already which is really marvellous. Congrats on the no-drinking. I'd done the same this year with the alcohol. Funny enough though, I just had some at 9am this morning, but it's what is supposed to make the asian herbal formula kick in faster. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it , esp. since I would never have even known about asian salt-free rice wine otherwise. Potent stuff really. Anyhows, enough of my rambling on your thread. Just so thrilled to see you here again. Even viewing your pics again has greatly inspired me. Thanks mate.

Cheers for now,

Robyn

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
There's been something in the water regarding weight gain...

Anyway, as many wise folks have said, it doesn't matter if you fall off the horse, what matters is you get back on and give it a good ole' giddyup. There will always be ups and downs but as long as an up follows the down there's nothing to fret over. What's done is done! (The baboon in the Lion King had a similar motto).

Anyhoo, congratulations on a successful first week This contest looks like it's going to be very competitive!
Thanks Clare! (I love that movie too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post
agree with what my young Scottish friend has just said.

Time to bring things back into focus and get that TT contest prize-winning figure back.
Definitely time - long past time, in fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Well done for committing to the contest. No better time than now to get back into the swing of things.good luck!
Thanks! It's great to be back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Hi Abby, if anyone can do it, it's you..

I always enjoy reading your posts, not to mention the great recipes you come up with....more pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase....

So as Weety said, get back on the horse and start galloping!!!!!!You sure have the legs for it......

Cheers
Ma
Thanks Ma! For dinner tonight we had the cover recipe of the Sept Cooking Light - mac and cheese made with brown rice spirals and a butternut squash "bechamel". Yummy!

~Drew Carey
Old 09-18-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Great to see another familiar face back around here .......
Yes, it's nice to see everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Abbie

welcome back, sure good to have you along partner!

you know what you need to do, now you just need to do it! And you know you can, well done on a fab first week.

Keep in mind those goals and you will reach them.

Keep smiling

Cheers for now Katie
Thanks Katie! My first goal - I have a pair of jeans that I want to wear in about 5 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
Hey there Abby,

So great to see you back. I had a look at your 1st TT contest way back when. Awwww, you have the cutest hairstyle I think I've ever seen. Revisited your last entry too oh Woman of Muscles,,, hehehehe. I hope you're still under 40yo, otherwise I've got some extra tough competition this time,,, as if it's not tough enough already. I know of one lady who has done soooo well already which is really marvellous. Congrats on the no-drinking. I'd done the same this year with the alcohol. Funny enough though, I just had some at 9am this morning, but it's what is supposed to make the asian herbal formula kick in faster. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it , esp. since I would never have even known about asian salt-free rice wine otherwise. Potent stuff really. Anyhows, enough of my rambling on your thread. Just so thrilled to see you here again. Even viewing your pics again has greatly inspired me. Thanks mate.

Cheers for now,

Robyn
Thanks Robyn! First TT contest? Gee whiz, that feels like forever ago. I'm actually blonde again right now. Needed a change!

~Drew Carey