TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 04:42 PM

Default "You dont know what you got, till its gone"

This song has been a highlight in my head for some time now. I have been taking for granted all the physical efforts that my body has allowed me for a very long time. It wasn't anything for me to jump out of bed, go for a 6 mile run, and lift weights in the evening. On days when I felt like I was too tired, or, "just not in the mood," I would skip out on these events, not knowing what it would be like, if one morning I woke up, and my body wouldn't allow me to do them anymore.

Well, This happened to me last year. I did the Body For Life challenge from February - May 2010. I worked hard, transformed my body and I felt amazing! Although I felt great I knew that I could have done better, ran faster, ate better.. Then at the very end of the challenge, I woke up, got ready to workout and my balance was off. I thought it was just a fluke thing.. inner ear issue... Maybe I ate the wrong thing yesterday or maybe it was the glass of wine I had the night before? SO, I continued to get ready, went to the gym and I kept falling over while I was getting ready to do my Reverse lunges. I was dizzy, and very weak as I was dropping my weights on the floor. Then the following day the same thing. This time I went to run and my left leg was numb. I couldn't feel my foot, my coordination was gone and I was still dizzy. These problems persisted over the remaining month. Then it just went away. I was finally able to run and lift again. Then it hit me again about 1 month later. This time much worse, and it lasted a lot longer, in fact, it has lasted until 2 months ago. I could barely walk from my car to my department at work with out having to stop to let my legs rest. Finally, In January of 2011, I went to the doctor and I got diagnosed with MS. It was a long road, and I have battled with my body everyday. I was so sad, as it was a grievance knowing that I had to say good bye to the things in life that I could do best.

I was on several medications until I found one that worked best for me. I had to get IV infusions of steroids for a week at a time. Painful injections that felt like I was getting stung by a wasp every night. These medications caused me to actually feel more sick, and not to mention gain 12lbs in one month. I was so tired of feeling "broken". I would still go workout during the week, and do what I could do, which wasn't very much. It wasn't at all compared to what I was doing before, but at least it was something.. something that I could still do that would make me happy and feel somewhat normal.

Finally I found a medication that works! It is in pill form and in one month all my symptoms have been resolved! I cant believe it! I can run again! So, I was thinking about what I could do that would challenge me again. So, I was surfing the web for workouts and programs that I could do that would burn fat, and help me lose this unwanted weight that I have gained. I found Craig Ballenynes Turbulence Training and I thought it was such a wonderful program! I bought it right away, took my starting pictures, and started the next day. I have been already getting the results that I have been wanting for so long. I will never again take for granted what I can do. Everyday is a gift, and I have learned to cherish every second of it!

So, here I go. Against the odds. I am going to fight back and give myself a second chance of being what I know I can be! I am not going to sit back and watch my body debilitate. This is it.. and it could be my last shot to do something that will make me proud.

Starting Stats:

Height 5'7"
Weight 149.2
Neck: 13"
Chest at bust: 35"
Below chest: 29.5"
Natural waist: 27
Navel: 29.5
Hips: 35 3/4
Thigh: 22 1/4
Calf: 13.5"

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal

Last edited by fitgirl123 : 09-22-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 PM

Jami, you are truly an amazing inspiration. To be faced with hardships dealing with health and body function and shine through it. I know many would be tempted to throw their hands in the air and give in to the disease.

You show the world what human spirit is all about. You persevere and find out ways you CAN, not sit back and make excuses for why you CAN'T.

I'm so excited to follow your progress and your successes.

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
Jami, you are truly an amazing inspiration. To be faced with hardships dealing with health and body function and shine through it. I know many would be tempted to throw their hands in the air and give in to the disease.

You show the world what human spirit is all about. You persevere and find out ways you CAN, not sit back and make excuses for why you CAN'T.

I'm so excited to follow your progress and your successes.

~Amanda
Oh Amanda.. you made me teary eyed! Thank you so much!

My 12th TT Contest
My Journal
Old 08-31-2011, 08:02 PM

Man, it's people like you that truly inspire others, makes them dig deep down inside and really try to be the best they can be, physically or mentally, and look at life from a whole new perspective!

Really happy for you that you've found something that's working for you! Can't wait to see your progress through the twelve weeks

Never give up!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:14 PM

I believe there are two kinds of people... the victim or the survivor.. you are the survivor Jami. I'm also really happy there is something to make you feel better..see you on the road!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
Oh Amanda.. you made me teary eyed! Thank you so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sligojoe View Post
Man, it's people like you that truly inspire others, makes them dig deep down inside and really try to be the best they can be, physically or mentally, and look at life from a whole new perspective!

Really happy for you that you've found something that's working for you! Can't wait to see your progress through the twelve weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
I believe there are two kinds of people... the victim or the survivor.. you are the survivor Jami. I'm also really happy there is something to make you feel better..see you on the road!
You all are Awesome! Thank you so much for you kind words! You are the ones who inspire and motivate. We have such a great group here. I have no doubts that this will be a great challenge of all of us!

I am not doing the official challenge. I took my pics and didn't have a news paper. I dont subscribe to one and I didn't feel like going out to buy one LOL So I just thought that I have enough to prove to myself, my family and my doctor, who told me to just swim and do yoga, LOL

ok.. Lots to get ready for this morning. I better get my butt in gear.

My 12th TT Contest
My Journal
Old 09-01-2011, 09:37 AM

TT 30 day fat loss is the program I have been following for 2.5 weeks now
Today will be workout D

A1) Snatch-grip Deadlift 3x8x110
A2) "Stir the pot Planks" (thanks Rob!) 3x30
B1) Good Morning 3x8x50bb
B2) Forward Lunge 3x8x25
C1) 1-leg Ball Leg Curl 3x12

My son was ill this morning. Went to the Dr. he had a sinus infection. Workout was cut short but I did go back to the gym after the apt and did HIIT.

My 12th TT Contest
My Journal

Last edited by fitgirl123 : 09-01-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 AM

Sometimes I forget to be grateful for the fact that I can exercise at all. What a powerful reminder your story is that getting out and challenging the body is a gift that we should never waste. So glad you are in this challenge, and what an inspiration you are.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:17 PM

So true... we should all be leaping about like mad people just because we can (although try telling me that at 0530...)

You're an inspiration already and the contest hasn't even started! I look forward to reading your posts
Old 09-01-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Sometimes I forget to be grateful for the fact that I can exercise at all. What a powerful reminder your story is that getting out and challenging the body is a gift that we should never waste. So glad you are in this challenge, and what an inspiration you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
So true... we should all be leaping about like mad people just because we can (although try telling me that at 0530...)

You're an inspiration already and the contest hasn't even started! I look forward to reading your posts
You guys are the inspirations! Thank you so much! Without people like you to listen, give advise and cheer each other on it would be a tough road. <3
It is so easy to take for granted all the things we can do, and to be blessed to do them every day Make every workout as if its your last, push extra hard on your last set, run extra fast on your last minute. Its all a gift so LOVE IT!

My 12th TT Contest
My Journal