TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 09:16 PM

Smile

Hey thanks Guys for my good home heading wishes! I will be looking out for the red carpet and the sounds of Clares music

My official start date was Sunday, took the photos and did the measurements, but need to post them on here, just never seem to have time when I get home, other things take over!

I ended up at Docs last night with my asthma, had to be put on nebuliser and am now on steroids, I felt pretty grotty after the neb so I didn't make the gym last night, really bad headache and extremely tired. Asthma does that, just wipes you out.

As a result (probably more an excuse if I am honest) my eating also went a a bit astray.....

Anyhow, today is another day and I am making a commitment to:

1. log food every day on myfitness pal
2. avoid eating my home baked goodies
3. drink more water

I have been awake since 3am, so got up at 4.30am to go to the gym. Not sure if that was the right thing with my asthma being tricky, but I needed to do something.

Did workout C from Big 6. to be honest I did feel quite breathless after doing 2 sets of the supersets, but I managed to get through 3. Thought about giving the interval training a miss, but I just took it down a notch and got through it.

I will see how I go for the next day or 2, I can go back to Docs any time for another Neb, and I am now taking oral steroids so that should help too. (not the bodybuilding type in case anyone is thinking that!!)

Food so far today:

porridge/skim milk
grapes
carrot sticks
rye bread/tuna/salad

dinner will be stir fry veg/chicken
fruit

tomorrow I will do yoga and/or foam roller, or walk, depending on weather.

Hubby is away for a few days so I can't go to gym until Thursday again which works out OK, I should be better with my asthma by then.

OK that's all for now. Will try to post piccies/stats later.

Cheers for now

Keep Smiling Katie
Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 PM

Smile

Workout yesterday:
30 mins yoga

Food:
porridge/skim milk

carrots/ grapes

rye bread/tuna/salad sandwich

carrots sticks

scrambled egg/broccoli

apple/yoghurt

10 almonds

whole orange

total cals for day where 1400 so not too bad.

Plan for today is:

go to gym when I finish work and do workout A from big 6 (I think it's workout A) am also giong to add in some 6 mins abs.

My asthma seems much better, but will see how I am get on at the gym.

will try to catch up on posts soon

Keep Smiling, Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Hi Katie.. I started Big 6 today.. I think it will be a good warm back into it program since I haven't done a workout for 4 weeks. Glad to hear your asthma is improving. What kinds of things can you do to help? Also glad to hear of your home visit..you need that dont you.. great stuff..funny imagery with the red carpet and trumpet ala Clare..
Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Smile

Hi Guys

WEll just a quick post before I have to do the School run, no work today, so I am:

1. going for a long walk
2. going to dentist - yukky
3. getting my ears suctioned - even more yuukky!!

Goals today:

1. fast util 6pm
2. drink green tea & water all day
3. don't wimp on the walk even though I am really tired
4. don't pig out when I finish the fast

that's ll now, will post more later

Cheers Katie
Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Hi Katie~ Where are you from? Its so neat that we can meet and talk to people from all over the world! Aww, sorry about the dentis and the ear sucky appointment. I feel like I need my head suctioned.. I think its going to blow any moment. My son has asthma as well. He really struggles certain times of the year. I think that allergens are really high right now and that a lot of people are having problems.

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
Hi Katie~ Where are you from? Its so neat that we can meet and talk to people from all over the world! Aww, sorry about the dentis and the ear sucky appointment. I feel like I need my head suctioned.. I think its going to blow any moment. My son has asthma as well. He really struggles certain times of the year. I think that allergens are really high right now and that a lot of people are having problems.
Hi Jami

I think we must be online at the same time here, I will need to go in a min need to get boys to School, but I am originally from the UK but have been living in NZ for the last 5 years.

I am very very homesick, and we are having a trip home in less than 5 weeks time, first time I have been home for 4 years, so am desperate to see my family!

Are you in the States? whereabouts? totally cool we get to chat to people from all over I agree, it's fab!

My ear problem was left over from the cold/flu thing I had a few weeks ago, I can't wait to get them sorted as I can't hear properly in my right ear, so know what you mean about having your head suctioned. Colds just suck!

We have had some really cold weather in NZ last few weeks, even had snow in Auckland and Hamilton which is unheard of, that coupled with my cold/flu just tipped my asthma I think. I am back on inhalers which are helping and the oral steroids have helped too. Am hoping from now on in I will be fit and well.

Really hope your cold clears quickly and I think you will do well with the rest, you can come back fighting fit then, ready to go and show us what you got

Keep smiling, gotta go do the School run now

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-08-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Guys

WEll just a quick post before I have to do the School run, no work today, so I am:

1. going for a long walk

Goals today:

1. fast util 6pm

Cheers Katie
I hope you survived the dentist and the ear suction, brought back memories of an ear infection I had when I was 13, not good lol

I hope you've had a great day cheers, Lisa

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 PM

Wow, you a glutton for punishment. Fasting, dentist and ear suction on the same day! You're stronger than I am : )

I too have a hard time when I finish a fast. I sometimes eat enough for 2 full days when I finish a fast. Hope you did well. I try to eat high fiber foods/fruit and sometimes organic dark chocolate to curb the sweet craving while not eating a 1000 calorie candy bar.

All the best.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Guys

1. going for a long walk

Goals today:

1. fast util 6pm

Cheers Katie
Hope the dental appt went well, Katie. Ear irrigations: uggh.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minexdy1013 View Post
Hope the dental appt went well, Katie. Ear irrigations: uggh.
Sounds like my fun, earlier this year.......stuff I had been putting off and thought I better do!!!!!!!!!!