TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Yes, it's a terrible situation over there. Are you ok from a food/supplies perspective? My friends in Brissie (luckily not affected by the flooding) there were saying that as soon bread and milk got put on the shelves at the supermarket, it just all got bought up.

I saw the footage of the footbridge being guided down the river by the tugboat - all 300 tonnes of it. Unbelievable! Also saw footage of someone's house surrounded by water - you could see the walls, windows, roof all just fine. What was shocking was when it was pointed out that what we were looking at was the second floor of the house!

Keep safe and take care.
Thanks Gerry. Glad your friends are ok. Haven't been shopping for about a week, so not sure on what's going to be there when I go today. Was planning to go to the markets tomorrow to get some organic fruit and veges. Instead of going after 11am when Ted brings the prices down to half and less, I think it would be wiser to go real early.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
Wow, I've been watching via CNN...wow, is all I can say. Glad to hear you haven't been directly affected. Hope you and yours all stay safe! Definitely sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Jami
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers Jami. The people here certainly need them as they now start the clean up process. From what I hear, its the mud, stench, risk of disease, loss of all possessions and house, etc.,,, really heart wrenching. But us Aussies always pull together.

As I write this, there are 4 huge organized volunteer teams across Brisbane City who have just headed out in buses to various locations to help clean up. The authorities catered for 6000, but no doubt there will be many more. The first to arrive was a man who came up all the way from Sydney, probablly about 600 miles away,,,, amazing

Old 01-14-2011, 05:58 PM

Had planned on starting #10 contest a few days ago, but had the tilers here Mon, Tues, and Wed., so only a few hours sleep over those days. Plus I received a few cuts on both legs when I was helping clean up,,, one cut is quite nasty and gaping open,,, agrhhhh. Then big clean up as well as a plumber came around Thurs., to look at doing a quote. Rang him Friday and he said it's too big a job for him. Then yesterday had a tradie come to do a measure up of the window frames that were damaged because of the break-in, and then did 2 hrs o/t last night. Good thing is, the o/t was to help restock the shelves of our supermarkets. I was sent to the warehouse that I use to work at. Mainly bottled water, soft drinks, cordials, nappies, canned food, pet food.

Saw Jason Davies, (2nd placer in the men's catagory for TT contest#3). He is doing well, still looking great, and gratefully wasn't affected directly by the flood.

Anyhows, had better get some shut-eye so I can go shopping later.

Thanks for all your support,

Robyn.

Last edited by missrobyn007 : 01-15-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:00 AM

Default The Flooded Grocer

Went to the markets this morning to get organic fruit and veges. There was a sign where the stall usually is to inform customers that Ted's place was totally flooded and he won't be back until at least the end of the month. It was the last thing he needed,,, he's in his 60's and has a couple of very bad knees which he's had operations on,,, can't imagine the massive job of cleaning up his property.

Anyhows, I managed to get some groceries from other stores, just not organic, and not even close in quality. I expect the prices to probably double too. Already saw a small cauliflower for $5,,, ouch.

Will take 'before' pics and measurements this afternoon, and then start workouts as soon as the cut on my leg stops gaping. Can't wait

Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 AM

I've been watching about the floods on the news and I really can't imagine how horrendous it must be... makes me feel guilty for obsessing over 7lbs. I hope those affected get back on track as soon as possible.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
I've been watching about the floods on the news and I really can't imagine how horrendous it must be... makes me feel guilty for obsessing over 7lbs. I hope those affected get back on track as soon as possible.
Thanks for your message sweetie. Yeah, very devestating for alot of people. I had to stop watching the news because I'd end up in tears every time. Dont' think it's over either 'cause we keep getting storms. I believe that a couple of the other states have been hit really hard as well, and one of the guys at work said he thinks they'll just demolish alot of houses instead of trying to rebuild them. Makes me feel guilty about crying over the tiles that were just laid in my house not being totally neatly cut, placed, and grouted.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 PM

Default The Update

Well, finally weighed myself on Sunday, 148lbs.

Had personal trainers record my weight, some measurements, and body fat % on Monday.
150.7lbs (with clothes and shoes)
Blood pressure - 112/71
Resting heart rate - 58 bpm
Body fat - 24.2%
Chest - 95cm
Waist - 83.9cm
Hips - 102.2cm
Thigh - 56.2cm
Calf - 37.6 cm
Arm - 27.9cm

Took pics and measurements for myself today.
Pics - Hmmmm, I've had better,,, had worse too,,, lol.

Will post the measurements tomorrow,,, falling asleep here. Nite nite

Old 01-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Hi Robyn

My thoughts are with everyone experiencing the flooding. I live with an aussie girl who can't believe the extent of the flooding. We were watching the news the other day and she was pointing out where she went to uni and used to live, all completely destroyed.Really is so sad.

I wish you all the best in the contest. Looking foward to following your progress.

G
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-21-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Hi Robyn

My thoughts are with everyone experiencing the flooding. I live with an aussie girl who can't believe the extent of the flooding. We were watching the news the other day and she was pointing out where she went to uni and used to live, all completely destroyed.Really is so sad.

I wish you all the best in the contest. Looking foward to following your progress.

G
Thanks sweetie. I can't even watch about it much anymore,,, gets to me every time.

All the best for you as well in the contest. How are you coping this time?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 PM

Measurements taken on 1-19-11...

Chest - 40"
Stomach - 36"
Waist - 31.25"
Hips - 37.75"
Buttocks - 40.25"
Thighs - 40."
Left Thigh - 24"
Right Thigh - 24.55"
Left Above Knee - 16.75"
Right Above Knee - 17"
Left Calf - 14.5"
Right Calf - 14.5"
Left Bicep - 11.5"
Right Bicep - 11.5"
Left Bicep Flexed - 12.25"
Right Bicep Flexed - 12.5"

Well,,, weighed myself this morning and I'm at 144.4lbs which is down 3.6lbs. I think my goal is 110lbs. I've been that a couple of times in the last 2 years and it's been very nice for me. However, that was going by the scales being in my mini-gym, (which I can't even get to at the moment,,, lol), and the scales I've been using in the last @ 6 months are in my bathroom,,, same type though, but they show about 9 or 10 lbs heavier.

Sooooo my main aim is measurements and tone. Plus to get rid of all these stupid joint pains which I'm believing is mainly dietry. Although my ankles, feet and knees hurt so bad at times I think I should go see a podiatrist (sp?). I'll see how I go with the work physio next Thursday as I mentioned it to her and she was going to bring in some special shoes for me to try out.

The shoulder tendonitis which is waking me up sometimes, and the pains in my knuckle joints I'm thinking are more-so linked to food,,, gotta clean up my act. I just hope that in Heaven I can eat all the icecream and chocolate mud cake I want without those after effects, or the weight gain,,, hehehehehehe.

Anyhows, hoping all is going well for you all.

If you EVER feel like giving up,,, REFUSE to give in to those feelings,,, remember,,, they fluctuate. I've been at that point several times. And although I've allowed myself to slip back often, it's like 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I may not be where I want to be for the time being, but I'm sure not where I use to be either.

Stay strong,

Robyn.