TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 22nd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2015, 11:22 AM

Default 1/11/14

Things are chuggin along. I had a "cheat meal" last night of chicken nachos and 5-6 oz of red moscato. I don't really like red moscato, too sweet. We are in the midst of both a polar vortex and a 3 day rain-fest so I have not been outside much and I'm going a little stir crazy.

I've been doing pretty good at talking less and listening more, especially with my oldest son. The result has been a few spontaeous hugs and "I love you's" from him.

My studying is going pretty good. We are required to post to a discussion forum. I submitted my first real discussion this morning about the pros and cons of vertical/horizontal training and explaining the idea of "periodization" to a new client in a way they would understand. I take my first quiz this afternoon. My daughter went back to college yesterday so I'll have even more study time this week.

One interesting and unexpected thing has developed. I started substitute teaching as a way to fund my education. I have discovered that I LOVE working with with special ed kids. Who knows what will become of that.

I got a little off track with my 2700 KB swings in January. I will have to do some today to get back to it. I wasn't planning to do any on Sundays.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. I know it's cold everywhere in the US right now.(except Florida, the boogers)
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 01-15-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:37 PM

I had a few victories today. I worked at the middle school today. 1. I did not get a coke zero from the teachers lounge. I think that's a first 2. Lot's of technical difficulties, but I did not complain!(even though I wanted to cuss) 3. I packed a healthy lunch.

Now I'll have to workout this evening with all the fellas, which I don't really like, but I will be thankful that I can workout at all!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 01-14-2015, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I had a few victories today. I worked at the middle school today. 1. I did not get a coke zero from the teachers lounge. I think that's a first 2. Lot's of technical difficulties, but I did not complain!(even though I wanted to cuss) 3. I packed a healthy lunch.

Now I'll have to workout this evening with all the fellas, which I don't really like, but I will be thankful that I can workout at all!
Nice work, Leslie!
At one time in my life I drank 3 liters (no typo) of diet pepsi a day. Now I can't stand soda real or fake. I found that it was giving me headaches and the headaches intensified when I first went off it but after about a week I was much better. I had tried one here and there after that and would get an instant headache. So no more diet soda for me!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Nice work, Leslie!
At one time in my life I drank 3 liters (no typo) of diet pepsi a day. Now I can't stand soda real or fake. I found that it was giving me headaches and the headaches intensified when I first went off it but after about a week I was much better. I had tried one here and there after that and would get an instant headache. So no more diet soda for me!

Holy Headache Bat Girl!

Really I had to look up how much a liter was! I will get off of them completely. It really isn't that hard for me. It's the carbonation that I like. If I plan in advance and have some La Croix or Topo Chico ready, I do fine. Planning is my biggest hurdle!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:20 PM

I'll be having a skype date with my TT trainer tonight. I better get a shower! I shared with our VIP group that I've been sort of half-hearted about this challenge. I've allowed my stresses(I know there are others struggling in way harder situations) to get the better of me more days than I would like. I just decided to re-focus. I've made too much progress to slip backwards or even worse, drive off into a ditch.

In the weightloss arena: my weight is about the same, but the inches are coming off. As this is not my first rodeo, I know that's what counts. Speaking of rodeos, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is starting up soon. Since I'm moving and this will be my Last rodeo for while, I can't show up in my "fat girl" jeans! Do they have rodeos in the north? Are there even cows in Massachusetts? We'll see.

I've been doing pretty darn good and keeping my mouth shut! Next step will be the thought life. Not saying something is one thing. Not thinking a mean thought will be harder. I've apologized to God 3 times today for thinking an ugly thought about someone.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:33 PM

Had a skype with Maureen on Tuesday. What a nice, pretty lady! Despite some technical issues(most certainly on my inept end) we came up with some plans for the next two weeks. We decided that I need to plan my lunches as if I will be working so I am without an excuse should I get the call to sub. We also decided that since I've been doing the TT workouts for a while now, that going back to bodyweight only is not a good plan. SO...I'm gonna re-do BCHD. I did it at home last time with my redneck gym. I'll do it at the Y.

Today was a fast and I did not go to the teacher's lounge and get a coke zero. Yay me.

Dinner will be baked cod, asparagus and a sweet potato(I'm too lazy to count the calories for this one)

Workout:BCHD -B

After workout- 4 0z cottage cheese,1/2 cup blueberries

I am on track to complete my 2700 KB swings. I'll have to do a little catch-up, but not much.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:34 AM

I took my KB to school today and did 100 swings b/n classes.

B-fast-2 fried eggs on a bed of sauteed spinach and yellow tomatoes

L-Cod and asparagus(followed by the inevitable "asparagus pee")

D-This was a cheat meal....Shrimp enchiladas,rice ,beans,chips,salsa,margarita,1 small milky way(I don't know why. I don't like milky ways)
Old 01-24-2015, 11:41 PM

Okay so this is what happened....I had 2 cheat meals this weekend. I had a birthday on Friday, which makes for a celebration weekend. I had my family birthday dinner last night and my sister/girls birthday celebration tonight. We did discuss and solve all the world's problems over drinks though, so all was not lost. Here is how the day went down.

Up early to study.
B-fast-had an insatiable desire for cereal so I had 1 cup rice chex with 1 cap of maple syrup and almond milk, 2 scrambled eggs

Basketball game at Y where my child, Will "James Harden" Millican shot 2-3 pointers.
Lunch-2 boiled eggs w/siracha and 1 T peanut butter

Workout-Buff Chicks(I changed the name) workout C-slightly modified as I did 150 KB swings as a finisher

Took and made a 100 on this week's NASM quiz

Dinner-2 Sangria Margaritas, Honey Dijon Chicken breast,steamed broccoli,mashed potatoes (and still no birthday cake!)

Tomorrow will be a long walk, a little yoga and lots of healthy food!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:29 AM

Default 1/26/15

Bfast and Lunch-Fast

Only exercise was my KB swings and domestic engineering. I did food shopping and meal planning so that I am without excuse this week. I also visited fitday for the first time in forever and updated all my stuff. I'm going to attempt to track calories for the week to see exactly how much I eat.

Dinner-yogurt,blueberries,almonds,pork chop,massed potatoes,broccoli

I've been reading some about the thyroid/metabolism. I decided to take my temp everyday for the next few days as I have some hypothyroid symptoms, in particular, I'm cold all the time and have super cold hands and feet.(unless I'm nervous. Then I start spraying sweat like a fire hose) This morning my rising temp was 97.1...brrrr

Today is more KB swings(I upped the weight this morning) and BCHD A.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:47 AM

Default 1/28/15

Breakfast-Greek yogurt,egg white protein,blueberries,green drink

Lunch-Big salad(spinach,tomato,cucumber,bell pepper,turkey, boiled egg 1T ranch)

I forgot my packed dinner in the middle school teachers lounge. We had our annual "grudge match" in basketball at the highschool gym so I didn't get to go home after work. The game was the perfect storm b/n an incompetent ref and a foul-mouthed, hot-headed coach who should have been given a technical foul. He made the ref cry. Seriously. I felt bad for her, but couldn't help channeling my inner Tom Hanks..."There's no crying in basketball!(My Houston Rockets brought the pain for Chandler Parsons and the Dallas Mavericks) There were probably lots of young ladies crying when Chandler took the floor. He was a favorite with the Houston Ladies. Anywho.. this story has no point other than to make the fact that I forgot my dinner more interesting. I did NOT eat concession stand food. I did drink diet coke though. I waited until I got home and had some leftover chili with ground beef, kidney beans and tomatoes. Having this meal at 8 PM made for some really fitful sleep and freaky dreams.

I didn't get any workout in other that 25 KB swings. I'm still on schedule to get my 2700 in and might just go for 3000!

Today is a fast. After dinner I'll go do BCHD B.